Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please: can we just focus on this season?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This is nothing about being a pessimist. let's enjoy what we can of the ride and see if we can go up in style . 5 more wins please. To discuss who is going to go at this point is for some of the individuals named disrespectful and as put by one other a total lack of class.

In my opinion you are being a touch precious, there is no harm in speculation. It's no worse than people giving marks out of ten for a player's performance. Is that disrespectful?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you plant any asparagus?

Buy some in the supermarket and stick it in the ground...no one will know...well not many

I have a bed I planted about 15 years ago that has been giving me more than 100 spears a year, and its sitting there looking at me like a teenager in the afternoon, affronted at being woken up. No movement whatsoever. :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a bed I planted about 15 years ago that has been giving me more than 100 spears a year, and its sitting there looking at me like a teenager in the afternoon, affronted at being woken up. No movement whatsoever. :shrug:
Early doors really...and u know what they r like....nothing and then all of a sudden one pops up followed by several others

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
true, but I choose to be an optimist and believe everyone should be allowed to think what they want. Unfortunately the pessimists all seem to want to dictate what others should think.

Nothing pessimistic from me, i am over the moon with our position and the results of late. No "dictating", just an opinion that why speculate when we are not there yet, when we are still hopefully about to witness joy etc THIS season.
Great think what you want, for now we are on our way...........what happens next season i don't care, all i know is Brighton is on its way....

And you are on a thread that states " Please: can we just focus on this season?"......

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Nothing pessimistic from me, i am over the moon with our position and the results of late. No "dictating", just an opinion that why speculate when we are not there yet, when we are still hopefully about to witness joy etc THIS season.
Great think what you want, for now we are on our way...........what happens next season i don't care, all i know is Brighton is on its way....

And you are on a thread that states " Please: can we just focus on this season?"......

Why does it bother you so much how others want enjoy this? The opening post wants everyone to think the same way, but my view is to let each fan enjoy it however they wish. If you don't want to share your thoughts for the club going forward yet, then fine. Just don't try to stop those who do.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why does it bother you so much how others want enjoy this? The opening post wants everyone to think the same way, but my view is to let each fan enjoy it however they wish. If you don't want to share your thoughts for the club going forward yet, then fine. Just don't try to stop those who do.

Fair enough, go for it, enjoy yourself, i just happen to agree with the title of the thread which is why i posted on it. Knock yourself out on the see into the future threads, i will join you nearer the time, the one predicting halfway through the season, i shall join a bit later.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In my opinion you are being a touch precious, there is no harm in speculation. It's no worse than people giving marks out of ten for a player's performance. Is that disrespectful?

i think there is a wide margin between an honest review of a game and speculating on the termination of a contract especially as BFG has actually been pretty damn good....

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
i think there is a wide margin between an honest review of a game and speculating on the termination of a contract especially as BFG has actually been pretty damn good....

I happen to agree with you re Hunemier, but point is the same, to judge a player is not disrespectful, be it over asingle game, a season or a personal view of thier ability to cope at a higher level.

I understand these is a lot of sentiment regarding our team, and people are rightly proud of the players, but that should not stifle debate. There should be a freedom to express all honest opinions on these boards, and not have views sanitised, No matter how well intentioned.

Yes, enjoy the last few weeks of a fantastic season, but also allow those who want to take the time to show some ambition and dream how much further we might go next season, without pious remarks.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I happen to agree with you re Hunemier, but point is the same, to judge a player is not disrespectful, be it over asingle game, a season or a personal view of thier ability to cope at a higher level.

I understand these is a lot of sentiment regarding our team, and people are rightly proud of the players, but that should not stifle debate. There should be a freedom to express all honest opinions on these boards, and not have views sanitised, No matter how well intentioned.

Yes, enjoy the last few weeks of a fantastic season, but also allow those who want to take the time to show some ambition and dream how much further we might go next season, without pious remarks.

I don't think there is a NSC Award for "Arse of the Season" so your efforts are likely to be in vain. But full marks for trying.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Sorry for not toeing the NSC Illuminati party line.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Early doors really...and u know what they r like....nothing and then all of a sudden one pops up followed by several others

If it was October right now I'd assume you were talking about magic mushrooms. :whistle:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely it's possible to enjoy the ride and look forward to the destination?

Dale Stephens is off and needs replacing, so why not speculate on who might fit the bill?

I'm ready to speculate now, it's not going to stop my enjoyment of the last few weeks of the season. They are not mutually exclusive phenomena.

I'm happy for those who don't want to join in yet to wait until the official speculation season starts.

Honestly, there is some guff written on here sometimes.

It is perfectly reasonable to enjoy these times and look to the future at the same time.

Do you think our recruitment team are sitting twiddling their thumbs enjoying the end of the season? No they're planning for next season presenting Chris and the board with a list of potential targets. But according to some on here it is heresy for fans to have the same debate. Stop taking yourselves so seriously, just because the players need to take it one game at a time to keep thier focus, us fans are allowed to dream and get ahead of ourselves.

true, but I choose to be an optimist and believe everyone should be allowed to think what they want. Unfortunately the pessimists all seem to want to dictate what others should think.

Sorry for not toeing the NSC Illuminati party line.

Stop taking yourselves so seriously. :lolol:

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Stop taking yourselves so seriously. :lolol:

Thanks for your valued input. Why are so many on here so keen to tell others what they should and shouldn't talk about?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Great post by the OP - dynamics do change in the PL, but amongst the spankings there will be some historic memorable results too. Although these next few months need savouring..

And the northern quarter is great for drinking and softening a spanking at Man City. (My last two visits were 5-1 and 4-0...). All good fun!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Your asparagus has appeared? Mine hasn't. And I live in the centre of the garden of England, with the UK's record hottest day, and all that. What's going on? :shrug::lolol:

Had loads of (well 10) big spears last night with prawns. Followed shortly by the first asparagus pee of the season. Things are getting better and better.

I think Brighton & Hove has had the most sunshine in the country this last 4 weeks,no sea fret, plus a raised bed has led to to the early crop.

The sun is truly shining on Brighton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here