Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please: can we just focus on this season?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Honestly, there is some guff written on here sometimes.

It is perfectly reasonable to enjoy these times and look to the future at the same time.

Do you think our recruitment team are sitting twiddling their thumbs enjoying the end of the season? No they're planning for next season presenting Chris and the board with a list of potential targets. But according to some on here it is heresy for fans to have the same debate. Stop taking yourselves so seriously, just because the players need to take it one game at a time to keep thier focus, us fans are allowed to dream and get ahead of ourselves.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The fact that Huddersfield still have a tiny slither of dark green on that graph is causing me much more concern than it probably should.

Look closely. I think Newcastle have a tiny slither of light blue.

attachment.php

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Good thread. Unfortunately the people who would benefit most from the advice will completely ignore it.

I'm just happy that things have turned out so well for everyone who has been enjoying this incredible season to the full since October...

Look closely. I think Newcastle have a tiny slither of light blue.

attachment.php

Either I or you are colour blind, but yes I see the tiny slither also on Newcastle's line..

Would be interesting to know what colour others are seeing, I've always thought my eyes are different.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Me, I'm so naturally cautious that I'm not even singing "we're on our way" until, you know, we're actually on our way.

All this talk of next season is just fancy foreplay in my book.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2017-04-09-ch-longest-cs.png

2017-04-09-ch-longest-fts.png

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Dancing round my front room like a loon as Glenn headed in the winner at Brum at Xmas, losing my voice singing my heart out on Friday with my lad at QPR, screaming "This team will NOT be beaten" at my 80 year old Dad as Knockeart's goal went in at Sheff Weds, *that* 120 seconds in the away end at the Cottage, hugging strangers at the Brentford beam back, endless hours listening to Warren and JC on Radio Sussex in my kitchen, Glenn Murray scoring in nearly every home game, my heart in my mouth as Sidwell shot from the halfway line... moment after moment after moment. You'll have the same.

When i was 13 in 1979 i was on holiday in the Isle of Wight but my Dad took me back all the way back to the Goldstone on a rickety old British Rail team to see our first ever Div 1 game . V Arsenal. You know how that turned out.
It was bloody tough up there then when i was a 13 year old and it will be more, if we get there this time. Its not likely to be pretty. And thats just Ernest ;)

So i'm with Edna. Someone is going to start a "How many points to be safe in 17/18" thread soon. FFS.

Lets face it none of should want this season to end. Ever.

This.

I was at that Arsenal game as well, as a 13-year-old. I still have the commemorative programme signed by Peter Ward.

I loved that stay in the top flight. Going to Old Trafford on the train with my dad, watching us outclassed by Arsenal at Highbury. Seeing us beat Forest at the Goldstone (when they were good) with that Gary Williams thunderbolt. Seeing us come back from 2-0 down and 3-1 down against a brilliant Liverpool team to draw 3-3.

Great memories. And there will be more just like it if we go up this season.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
As a non chicken-counter, I just don't click on any threads that speculate about next season - à chacun son goût.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm ready to speculate now, it's not going to stop my enjoyment of the last few weeks of the season. They are not mutually exclusive phenomena.

I'm happy for those who don't want to join in yet to wait until the official speculation season starts.

Fair enough. but IF we are not promoted, then the speculation is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You need lessons in counting chickens, we are playing in the premier league next year

But we have not left yet!!! the Championship that is......we could suffer 5 straight defeats..No you are right :lolol:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Fair enough. but IF we are not promoted, then the speculation is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe.

true, but I choose to be an optimist and believe everyone should be allowed to think what they want. Unfortunately the pessimists all seem to want to dictate what others should think.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is nothing about being a pessimist. let's enjoy what we can of the ride and see if we can go up in style . 5 more wins please. To discuss who is going to go at this point is for some of the individuals named disrespectful and as put by one other a total lack of class.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Loads of threads about next season already, and whilst our position is undoubtedly great, there's still work to do. But that's not my point.

I've been watching the Albion since I was ten years old, and for thirty odd years since, I've been dreaming about being where we are now. Last season was close, but this season looks like it is, finally, going to be the one. I've watched more crap players than I care to remember, at the Goldstone, at the Pissfield and at Withdean as well as the Amex, and this current squad is easily the best I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen five promotions, but none will be as sweet as this one- if we do it- because we finally have an infrastructure that can support it. And because the thousands lost during the years in exile, or slumming it at Withdean, are back, along with a generation of new fans who run around football pitches in Preston Park and Hove Park and Worthing and Lancing and Burgess Hill and Eastbourne and Horsham and so on, wearing Albion shirts instead of Chelsea or Liverpool ones. Because if we do it this time, it's going to be huge.

We have five games to go, and every chance of wrapping things up. We need to savour it, to enjoy it, and to roar the players on to that point and beyond. Let's not go on about players for next season, or chances of survival, or ticket prices in the Premier League yet. That's for later times, and the current players deserve more respect. I'm pretty sure nobody at Loftus Road yesterday was thinking about signings as we danced around for long after the players had walked off.

Let us just soak up these last few weeks, while Chris & the players hopefully finish things off in style. Sit back...enjoy...treasure it...worry about the rest later!

Great post.

Let's all enjoy the moment, and the rest of the season. Plenty of time in the summer for next season threads.

I was fortunate enough to be at Newcastle in 79, moments like this don't come around very often.

20 years ago we played our last game at The Goldstone, oh what we've been through since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here