Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please be in seats by 2.30 on Saturday for Jacob and Matt tributes

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This, from the club's brief :- During the minute's applause members of Worthing United and the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund football team will hold two giant shirts in honour of Matt and Jacob, and they will be joined on the pitch by Matt's Albion work colleagues along with 11 fans, each holding a candle and flowers - kindly donated by Flowers Unlimited - in respect of all 11 men who lost their lives that day.

Fair enough. I think I should also point out that the club & fans at Walsall did hold a minutes silence for the tragedy.

jjtbha

Oct 12, 2013
Can't make today's game as I am in Greece but from 2:30-3:00 I will be having quiet moments to remember them and then will be checking all the time the score, cheer on the boys for me please guys and gals.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Together Tribute.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Can't make today's game as I am in Greece but from 2:30-3:00 I will be having quiet moments to remember them and then will be checking all the time the score, cheer on the boys for me please guys and gals.

A nice post. I too will be having a quiet moment of reflection. Any suggestion that people who do not agree with every aspect of today's event are 'classless' is, well, classless.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I to, like many others I'm sure, sadly won't be at the game today, if anyone does record the events leading up to the kick off it will be very much appreciated if they post it on here later on tonight.

Thanks in advance.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Very moving pre-match. Not often you start watching a match with a tear in your eye.

IMG_0349.JPG

#Together

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A very moving and dignified tribute by the club. Everybody involved did the two lads proud :clap2:

It was very moving indeed and big respect to the Hull fans and their involvement

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now we're 'coming out the other side' it's impossible to think of a misstep.

For 3 weeks the entire club has been nothing short of perfect.
Everything they have said and done, all the actions and deeds (that have been made public) have been perfectly judged.

Clem on 5-Live made a comment that was close to something I've been mulling over.

It seems these 3 weeks the club has stepped into the position usually held by the church, in times of such disaster.

Ive never been so proud of my club and of being an Albion fan.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Was very moving pre match and perfectly thought through. Well done to the club and all those involved today. I was one of many who found it difficult not to shed a tear. I don't normally buy a matchday magazine as it is called these days but is also a fitting tribute to the eleven who lost their lives.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Perfectly judged and delivered with class and dignity today.

I'm not ashamed to say I was crying from early on, as was my 12-year-old.

The club have been absolutely magnificent over a very trying time.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Everything was just right. The club couldn't have done any better. They'e shown huge class over the whole episode.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here