Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please be in seats by 2.30 on Saturday for Jacob and Matt tributes

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Brought a tear to my eyes. Very well done by the club, my thoughts are very much with those who lost loved ones in the tragedy. An emotional day for all.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It was a very moving tribute.

My father broke down during 'Abide With Me'; his mother died recently and that was the song playing when the curtain fell at her funeral.

The whole afternoon was a wonderful, wistful, impeccably observed memoriam for lives taken far too early.

Well done to the club, to Hull City, to the fans, the families, the friends and the footballing family.

Together we will remember.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Three cheers for Brett Mendoza. You did something amazing today

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A stadium full of hardened football men (and women) who went completely silent when needed and clapped where necessary. The reason? Because we were all stood bold upright scared to turn to face the person next to us because of the tears rolling down our faces. Men around me who talk constantly were wiping away a tear.
Thank you to the club for an outstanding tribute and the way that the whole three weeks have been handled.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It really was incredible. I kept my sunglasses on.

After the tributes, when they put on the Albion montage, it was still absolutely silent around me. The Storer goal, THAT commentary was loud, and clear, in a way that it isn't usually. The whole video seemed to, if it was possible, ramp the emotion I was feeling up even further.

I felt so proud of the local community today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a day. Grizzle faced grown men, including me, shed a lot of tears during the pre match, which was elegant and sincere. RIP.

Much respect to the club, the fans, and the Hull fans who stood to a man and women at the appropriate time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can only echo all the comments above. The walk and game today were both fantastic tributes. The club have acted in such I way I didn't think possible. Everyone involved, top to bottom including all present at today's events have been utterly magnificent. PB and Paul Rogers were at the walk this morning too.

Feels like a true watershed in the club/fan/community relationship. Couldn't be more impressed or proud, and still teary reading all these posts.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've never known anything quite like it. I found the unprompted silences particularly emotional and telling. The club did a fantastic job with the way they handled this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
After the tributes, when they put on the Albion montage, it was still absolutely silent around me. The Storer goal, THAT commentary was loud, and clear, in a way that it isn't usually. The whole video seemed to, if it was possible, ramp the emotion I was feeling up even further.

That stood out for me as well - very emotional.

I can only echo what others have said in that I thought the whole tribute was superbly handled from start to finish by all involved, and was a credit to the class shown by the club through all of this.

I hope that the families and friends of Matt, Jacob and the other victims were at least able to take some solace in their grief from what happened today.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have supported the club for 43 years and I do not think I have ever been more proud than today

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I have never been in the ground at 2.30. I have never seen Dicks bar empty at 2.25. The tribute was spine tingling. Abide with me was passionate and brought tears to my eyes and those around me. I don't often shed tears but today I felt no shame in doing it. Thoughts are still with the families. I tried to explain what our club did today to wife. But unless you were there to experience it you cannot put the emotion into words. A truly fantastic effort by the club. Well done

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Everything everyone else has said. Perfectly judged, not at all mawkish and hugely emotional. Well done everyone involved.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I to, like many others I'm sure, sadly won't be at the game today, if anyone does record the events leading up to the kick off it will be very much appreciated if they post it on here later on tonight.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Amazing efforts by the club today - as well as the countless other individuals involved.

There were so many times when I was moved to tears, from before I'd even got in the stadium, to the amazing tributes, to my last look back on the way down the steps, over to the two big shirts in the south stand.

I wasn't able to sing Sussex by the Sea, but WAS able to hold my blue placard aloft, aware of the tears running down my face.

A special day, even though it was because of terrible circumstances.

RIP Jacob, Matt and the other nine casualties of 22/8.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't know if we were supposed to join in with Abide With Me but I suspect everybody else, just like me, felt to choked to sing a note and, like the poster above, I also couldn't join in with GOSBTS. Great tribute, well done to all who put it together.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I got a message from a Hull fan I know who was in the away end, she said the whole tribute was done amazingly well and it had herself and everyone around her in tears. She also thought that what the club had done to pay tribute was a lot more than what most other clubs would have done..

I'm not at all ashamed to say that I also had tears running down my face during Abide with Me. I have never felt prouder to support Brighton & Hove Albion.. :bhasign:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't know if we were supposed to join in with Abide With Me but I suspect everybody else, just like me, felt to choked to sing a note and, like the poster above, I also couldn't join in with GOSBTS. Great tribute, well done to all who put it together.

I think we were. I couldn't....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Echo all of the above. First class job by the club, our fans and the Hull fans too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here