Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Playing the ball out from the back

Passing out form the back, are you

• Total voters

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I prefer "piggy in the middle", if that's OK?

Fine mate. But they’re basically small sided games and encompass a wide range of quick touch games, including the infamous piggy in the middle 😉

The benefits for players in terms of touch, speed of movement and technique are massive though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Potter said: “I was incredibly pleased and incredibly proud.

“It takes some courage, not only against the top players but also you know, if you are going to make a mistake, the crowd can start to get on you a little bit.

“The players have my utmost respect. Steven Alzate, Davy Propper, Mat Ryan – the personality is amazing.

“Again, maybe the answer is just to kick it but I don’t know whether that is going to create chances.

“We play the way we want to play and I am so pleased for them.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18132288.albion-analysis-great-point-just-wonder-goal/

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I would love it - just once! - if Dunk stood there with his foot on the ball and the opposition just stood there stock still. Who would blink first? :lolol:
Eventually the players would walk slowly towards each other, slightly nervous and produce old photographs of wives, girlfriends and children that they would show the opposition. They would then shake hands and swap drinks. After that a friendly football match would ensue, just like the Christmas Day ceasefire on the front in 1914!😁

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Eventually the players would walk slowly towards each other, slightly nervous and produce old photographs of wives, girlfriends and children that they would show the opposition. They would then shake hands and swap drinks. After that a friendly football match would ensue, just like the Christmas Day ceasefire on the front in 1914!😁
Brilliant!

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
…..and yet, the guy behind me that shouts ‘aye’ at the top of his voice, like he’s doing an impression of a seagull, every five minutes, STILL, after a year(!) shouts ‘get it out’ no matter how many times I’ve tried to explain our tactics to him, he just does not get it and is convinced our players are idiots!

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I would love it - just once! - if Dunk stood there with his foot on the ball and the opposition just stood there stock still. Who would blink first? :lolol:
They do *almost* do that at times - but that's more because they don't know what to do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Colwill did exactly that for England u21s in the Euros!

If ever there was a player who totally bought into De Zerbi defending and waiting patiently for the press, he is right up there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"One of these days we are going to give a goal away doing this".

Do people still say that or do they finally understand it yet?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Impressive

Poundland Brighton and Hove Albion!

"And they carved open Kidderminster Harriers... like a Sunday roast!" Brilliant :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here