Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Players you don't rate that others do.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Im no utd lover but ZIDANE has said that Scholes was one of the best players he ever faced.

Anyway for me its BRUNO.
Fair enough, but I thought that the whole point of the thread was people others rated (ex players included) and you as an individual didn't?

I never rated Scholes and still don't , but appreciate Zidane did.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh oh oh. I've just remembered the ULTIMATE one.

Marcos Painter. Bloody hell. The game used to have to stop if ever he crossed the halfway line due to all the blood on the pitch from his nose.

I could actually SMELL him crapping himself when he plodded forward.

I'm sure he was a LOVELY bloke and an EXCELLENT John Terry lookalike....but I couldn't BELIEVE my ears when people said he was a good player.

Championship - too slow
League 1 - Was the best left back in the league that year undoubtedly - obviously my opinion as this thread is exactly that...

For me at the Albion, I have to say JFC. I don't look for a scapegoat and I liked Barnes (as many have accused people of needing a scapegoat). Just don't think he's good enough - goes sideways way too often and backwards. When did he ever make a crunching challenge or play a defence splitting pass...

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Some people on this thread don't rate Roy Keane, Scholes and Pogba.

These people must be seriously underwhelmed watching the Albion.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I always thought bridcutt was overrated. Not saying he's a bad player as clearly isn't, just not as good as others thought.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bruno was pretty good in his first season,but has got worse every season since and baffled to how he got another contract.
JFC also is ridiculously overrated
Lua lua sadly has done nothing for ages it seems and is to predictable
Greer gets worse too

Just baffling how we extended these contracts

I'm surprised many mentioned ince as he gives 100% and gets all over the park while others stand around:clap2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
For me I would say Paddy McCourt. I really couldn't see why so many fans got excited every time he warmed up on the sidelines
It's like Vicente....They see a a few bits of skill that excite them and they forget the many games where they offer nothing.You always remember the great times but not the bad times type thing lol

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another vote for Gordon Greer. I don't think I've ever seen him win a header from an opposition's corner. Maybe the og he scored at Burnley?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Cant see anyone agreeing with me here but MESSI. Only ever played in Spain. Never really shone on the international stage.

Think there is another reason apart from Money he stayed in Spain.... Too lightweight for the more physical leagues.

Awaiting the flogging. :dunce:
Lol
The international stage is the only floor that doesn't put him in maradona category and apart from that he's very very very special.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
In recent times Ince and Vicente qualify as the two players most overrated by some.

Ince because he should be a CB but as he can't head the ball he gets a go in MF and wouldn't make a Div 2 side in that position. And Vicente because the phrase 'flatters to deceive' should have been invented for him. Great player, for up to 10 mins a match. His performance at West Ham when we lost 6-0 has to go down as one of the most abject in living memory.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kazenga LuaLua, League 1 plodder at best. He has one skill... whacking a ball really hard. In the Championship you need much more than that, he needs replacing this summer. He's fine as a wildcard off the bench but don't expect him to contribute anything, if he does then it's a bonus but expect him to disappear.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Kazenga LuaLua, League 1 plodder at best. He has one skill... whacking a ball really hard. In the Championship you need much more than that, he needs replacing this summer. He's fine as a wildcard off the bench but don't expect him to contribute anything, if he does then it's a bonus but expect him to disappear.
Agreed. He just lacks intelligence on the pitch and will never be more than a 20min player. A mate of mine reckons his crossing resembles a garden hose that's just been turned on full blast and whips out randomly.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Agreed. He just lacks intelligence on the pitch and will never be more than a 20min player. A mate of mine reckons his crossing resembles a garden hose that's just been turned on full blast and whips out randomly.

Crossing??........... He cuts inside and shoots every time unless he falls over!!

Another vote for Ince, massively overrated, goes missing for large parts of games, poor on the ball, makes occasional crowd pleasing big tackles, will be playing lower league football within 1-2 years.

Last edited:

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill

Agreed, glade its not just me that doesnt get the fuss about him.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Lol
The international stage is the only floor that doesn't put him in maradona category and apart from that he's very very very special.

I agree he is very special in the less physical Spanish league not so sure he would be as special in the Prem, although I am not saying he wouldn't be good....

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I appreciate the whole point of this thread is to throw up a few random ones but seriously, some of the names on here are ridiculous! Clearly explains why so many around me can be such moaning nobbers if they don't rate some of these players!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here