Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players for whom THE goal defined their Albion careers

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Jose Izquierdo against West Ham?

I know he was great with his electrifying pace and he scored a few times, but West Ham is the only one I can remember, and the one we all thought was coming again and again when he picked up the ball.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Seeing that Florin is off, what a goal THAT was

Paul McShane played really well over the season but THAT goal defined his Albion career

Maheta Molango, THAT goal, then f*** all ............ what ?

Alan Duffy - THAT one off the underside of the bar - we were in heaven and had signed the next George Best (If George had put on another 10 stone and drank slightly more)

Being old and senile, who else have I forgotten ?

I will never forget someone on the East Terrace shouting out so the whole ground could hear (it was quiet), "Come on Duff, do your stuff" in one of the many games where he did f all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I know he was great with his electrifying pace and he scored a few times, but West Ham is the only one I can remember, and the one we all thought was coming again and again when he picked up the ball.
Which one? He scored two absolute worldies against West Ham - one at ours, one at theirs.

I'll add Adam Virgo against Swindon.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
John Ruggiero on debut off the bench against the Stain, opening day of the 77/78 season. Never really heard anything about him since.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seeing that Florin is off, what a goal THAT was

Paul McShane played really well over the season but THAT goal defined his Albion career

Maheta Molango, THAT goal, then f*** all ............ what ?

Alan Duffy - THAT one off the underside of the bar - we were in heaven and had signed the next George Best (If George had put on another 10 stone and drank slightly more)

Being old and senile, who else have I forgotten ?

Amazing that his Albion career was defined by a goal he didn't actually score!!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

he scored two goals against west ham and the stunning team work one against Stoke...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Jason Peake away at Rochdale
Alireza's bicycle kick
Ulloa against Forest
Phil Stant's "diving header" from 2 yards at Withdean

Colin Hawkins world class own goal at Withdean. Still laugh when I think about it.

Jason Peake scored just the once for us and it was at home to Northampton? Was a belter from 30 yards out though!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Jason Peake scored just the once for us and it was at home to Northampton? Was a belter from 30 yards out though!

That's the one I was thinking of... I think we signed him from Rochdale which may be where that came from

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here