Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Watford (H)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens 7,5 Did what we know he can do well commanded the midfield and must be POTS so far.
a

Not the rating, which I disagree with but POTS, I really think he’s struggling to adjust.

POTS I would have said Dunk, Duffy, Bruno, Gross, Ryan and Propper are all ahead of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re Ryan, punching the ball is a viable tactic for goalkeepers, and on the one occasion he did it, he did it well and got good distance. Furthermore, punching was the right decision in that situation due to the pressure he was under. Maybe you weren’t trying to criticise him for it, but that’s how it reads and I think it’s harsh if meant that way.

I am not criticizing him as I thought that he went to catch it and realized that it was too high so it was a hurried punch which didnt make much distance and he could have come unstuck.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not the rating, which I disagree with but POTS, I really think he’s struggling to adjust.

POTS I would have said Dunk, Duffy, Bruno, Gross, Ryan and Propper are all ahead of him.

I disagree as I think at the moment there are 3 possibles behind him being Ryan Propper and Dunk but it is all about opinions and how we each see the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite.

I can’t understand the negativity towards Hemed.

No prizes for guessing who wrote that, on 'marmite' (probably in Marmite as well)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reminds of the Barnes situation a bit.....

I don't quite see it like that, this isn't a 'he's either a world beater or shitehouse' situation.

This is 'but Tomer isn't quick enough'.

Yes, and?

He isn't lots of things, he isn't a Irish, he isn't an albino, he isn't a super model, are we supposed to be down on Tomer because he isn't a halibut?

Stick the boot into those that didn't buy a quick striker, not the striker who wasn't quick long before he was bought, and will never be quick now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't quite see it like that, this isn't a 'he's either a world beater or shitehouse situation.

This is 'but Tomer isn't quick enough'.

Yes, and?

He isn't lots of things, he isn't a Irish, he isn't an albino, he isn't a super model, are we supposed to be down on Tomer because he isn't a halibut?

Feels similar to me.

The quick enough thing shouldn’t be an issue, as his movement and touch is so clever.......

Oh well - have a good Christmas Stat...... [emoji2]

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 7
Bruno 6
Goldson 8
Dunk 7.5
Suttner 8
Knockaert 7
Stephens 5
Propper 6
March 5
Groß 7
Hemed 6

Murray 6
Kayal 7.5
Izquierdo N/A

Can't decide MOTM between Goldson and Suttner

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Ryan - 7 - very little to do
Bruno - 7 - comfortable
Dunk - 8 - assured throughout, so comfortable on the ball
Goldson - 9 - fantastic. You would never have realised it was his first Premier League game. Even a threat at set pieces
Suttner - 8 - supported March soperbly. some great balls into the box
Stephens - 7 - a really solid, if unspectacular performance
Propper - 7 - similar to Stephens. Got forward more today
Knockeart - 7 - hit and miss, but always willing, always a threat. Disappointing that the fans seemed to get on his back in the first half
March - 6 - very quiet in the first half, poor in the second but grew in confidence and finished the game strongly
Hemed - 6 - a busy performance, but let down by his finishing and decision making
Gros - 8 - everywhere again. Deserved his goal

Subs n/a

Agree with almost all of that I'd stick Solly up a score or 2 though

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
We are in a thread about the performance of players, so if we cannot discuss there performance here, where else can we do it? It's not singling out, we are rating and talking about all the players. You may think I am blinkered if I think March was poor, but at the same time I struggle to understand how you think he played well. But I respect your opinion, of course. March received a lot of the ball on the left, that was obvious, but he made very poor use with the ball when he had it and often gifted it back to Watford. He had one good piece of skill and a good ball in the first half, and another in the second. Didn't offer much else going forward.

On the other hand, Goldson was absolutely amazing.

This with bells on and the vast majority on here have agreed with you re Solly.

Last edited:

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 8
Bruno 7
Goldson 8
Dunk 8
Suttner 8 MoM. Lovely whipped in crosses
Knockaert 6
Propper 8
Stephens 8
March 5
Gross 8
Hemed 7 but can never fault his work ethic

But Watford made us look good too - they were dreadful

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 5
Bruno 6
Goldson 7
Dunk 7
Suttner 7
Knockaert 6
Stephens 6
Propper 6
March 6
(Izquierdo 90+3min, 2)
Gross 7
(Kayal 83min, 5)
Hemed 6
(Murray 87min, 5) :xmas:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 7 Just forget the fumble and kick out straight to thee keeper
Suttner 7 Good game
Goldson 8 Very good
Dunk Very good
Bruno 7 Good game never put under pressure
Propper 7 Tidy
Stevens 7 OK Gone are days when midfield gets forward Too busy with defensive duties
Gross 7 OK and good goal.Not a great fan but with scoring/assist record cant criticise
Knockhaert 7 Always main threat. Even though kept ball too long sometimes good to see him back to taking players on rather then just crossing
Hemed 4 Thought he was very poor and contributed very little. Appreciate cant play every game but Murray a far better player.
March 4 Very poor. looked out of his depth. Unbelievable when didn't look up and put across in to five defenders with no Brighton player near. Also when he broke free in great position to cross but as ball was on right foot didn't know what to do.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Murray might well be a better goal scorer than Hemed.

However, Murray is drastically short on form and has offered very little for 4-5 games.

I do think we look a better side with Hemed in the starting 11 at the moment. I’m sure Glenn will come good again and claim back his place but right now Hemed gets the nod. Also think Groß looks better with a striker who has more movement

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray might well be a better goal scorer than Hemed.

However, Murray is drastically short on form and has offered very little for 4-5 games.

I do think we look a better side with Hemed in the starting 11 at the moment. I’m sure Glenn will come good again and claim back his place but right now Hemed gets the nod. Also think Groß looks better with a striker who has more movement

and yet 2 posts up we have "Thought he was very poor and contributed very little. Appreciate cant play every game but Murray a far better player".

Even after Murray's only contribution yesterday was getting caught off-side.
You're also right when you say Gross looked so much better playing with Tomer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe March is getting so much criticism. We have 2 strikers who - despite good service - are not scoring. I have feeling if we bring in a striker who can convert the chances that March - and Knocky - are making then this will die down.

At one point yesterday March had the ball ready to cross and there were 5 Watford defenders versus 1 Albion players, it's not Solly 's fault the strikers are slow and the midfield doesn't break forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here