Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Watford (H)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought it was March's worst game he has played all season. He had one piece of brilliance in the first half, and one in the second, but apart from that he was very poor going forward, despite being given the ball in good situations with lots of space - slow to react to situations, poor deliveries, losing the ball, not winning challenges, lack of awareness, not playing the ball quick enough, etc. I was very surprised he lasted most of the game as frankly, he looked out of his depth. However, I know he is better than that and he is still young, so he will have a very good career with us or another Premier League team - but today he was really bad. He's not in good form at the moment.

Excellent post. Incredible that March is getting 8/10 by some ... must be the local lad blue tinted specs.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
At least we all agree that Goldson played well.... not bad for a dwarf.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hemed played at his best today, worked his socks off. Unfortunately, his best is a tad short of what's needed. He lacks the pace we need to finish off the numerous chances we created today.

A striker with pace would have scored at least two goals today, Hemed was a yard short every time.

I just hope we manage to complete a deal this January.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan - 6 - very little to do and nearly gave it away last minute
Bruno - 6.5 - comfortable and has such an excellent relationship with AK
Dunk -8- assured throughout, so comfortable on the ball, dominated their attackers and to me made easier for CG to play
Goldson - 8 - very pleased for him, probably a better footballer than Duffy but not as threatening/imposing
Suttner - 8 - developed a good connection with March allowing him to overlap and look very dangerous
Stephens - 7.5 - allowed to play by Watford so showed off his strengths still too many balls going back though
Propper - 7.5 - similar to Stephens
Knockeart - 6.5 - hit and miss at least he is beginning to show some of teh sparkle from last year when attacking
March - 6.5- very solid defensively but problems when attacking. Knackered at end and should have gone off when Kayal came on rather than GROSS
Hemed - 6.5- a busy performance, but let down by his poor finishing . If he had taken one of the chances he could have been MOTM
Gros - 8 - everywhere . Deserved his goal We MUST play him more forward possibly at the expense of Murray/Hemed there are goals in him.

Subs

Kayal - 7 look good when he came on
Murray/IZquierdo - not enough time to evaluate

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought Hemed gave our attack a proper focal point today, some great link up play and was a hair away from scoring.
I thought March was absolutely bobbins.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 a good performance without needing to do anything spectacular
Bruno 7 coped well with Richarlison. Not as effective offensively as usual though.
Goldson 9 marked down for not scoring from his first half chance. Otherwise imperious. Should not lose his place after that as Duffy is yet to perform at that level this season.
Dunk 9 looked more comfortable with Goldson next to him. Excellent on the ball, but also marked down for missing the target from an easy header
Suttner 8 excellent going forward, very good defensively.
Knockaert 6 some excellent moments, but as per usual this season, lacked an end product which was summed up by his awful second half miss which could’ve been very costly.
Stephens 8 I thought he was excellent defensively. I just wish he would break into space a tad more and help us overload the opposition box when at home against the league’s poorer sides.
Propper 8 see above.
March 7 a real mixed bag. Moments of quality, moments where he seemed to lack any confidence, moments where he was far too predictable, but still put a number of good crosses in that a better striker would’ve lapped up. Good defensively too.
Gross 9 match winner. Held the ball well, linked play, excellent set piece delivery.
Hemed 7 a good performance but one lacking substance ultimately. A PL quality striker would’ve scored at least a couple today. Murray, I suspect, would’ve had at least one.

Subs
Izquierdo n/a
Murray 6 wasn’t on for long but played intelligently to waste time.
Kayal 6 did what was required.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Ryan 7 Maybe one late blip today but consistent generally. Number 1 for sure
Bruno 7 Usual sound performance from the skipper
Suttner 8 Best performance in the stripes so far. Should start every game for me. Bong is a very useful back up.
Dunk 8 Another polished performance.
Goldson 9 Big tackle in the first few minutes and never put a foot wrong. Great premiership debut. If Dunk goes in January. He is ready.
Stephens 7 Thought he took a while to get into the game but got better as the game went on
Propper 7 Looks a good player but can't help but feel we are not getting the best out of him in the position he is playing
March 5 Bits and pieces today looked at times as if he was going to explode but looks short of confidence
Knockhaert 5 Sorry but cant understand why some people have marked him so highly. He beats himself more times than the opposition. Trying too hard.
Gross 7 Still looks tired to me but extra point for goal
Hemed 7 His movement was superb today and gave team mates an option over the top. Unfortunately outdone by his lack of pace. If he had pace he would be worth £20 mill. At the moment he is a much better option than Murray. BUT we need a pacey striker in January possibly two.

My Opinions feel free to crucify,

We don't move the ball quick enough. Too predictable to other sides especially at home.
Time to inject some pace by playing Iziquierdo, as March and Knockheart are under performing.
Defensively sound
Next few games come quickly and we need to rotate midfield as some midfielders are looking tired
Satisfied with 21 points though and potentially could have been another 6 or 7 more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 6 Caught and distributed the ball well except for one punch and the 93rd minute drop
Bruno 7 Kept their left side quiet can ask no more.
Goldson 8 Impressive 1st Premier game
Dunk 7 He was the usual Dunk without a booking.
Suttner 7 Did all that was expected and got forward well.
Knockaert 5 Did not do enough
Stephens 7,5 Did what we know he can do well commanded the midfield and must be POTS so far.
Propper 8.5 MOM One of his best games for us and complements Stephens very well.
March 5 Some good moments but ruined by the mistakes that he made.
Gross 7 Plenty of effort and involvement in the game aided to a well taken goal.
Hemed 6 Did ok but doesnt not rpesent the same prioblems to defences as GM does.

Subs

Murray 6 Not on long enough to make a difference
but caught offside by pushing up on the last defender.
Kayal 6 Did what was expected no more no less.
Izquierdo n./a

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 6 Caught and distributed the ball well except for one punch and the 93rd minute drop
Stephens 7,5 Did what we know he can do well commanded the midfield and must be POTS so far.
Propper 8.5 MOM One of his best games for us and complements Stephens very well.
Gross 7 Plenty of effort and involvement in the game aided to a well taken goal.
Hemed 6 Did ok but doesnt not rpesent the same prioblems to defences as GM does.

Subs

Izquierdo n./a

In agreement with most numbers, but I thought Ryan played well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Genuine question - what are people marking Hemed 7 and above for? Someone has given him a 9, which is mental considering he's actually still on the pitch now, with Suttner whipping in golden crosses (Bong's watching jealously from a lounge) and he's trying to get on the end of them. Unfortunately, he's yet to connect with any of them because they're not right on his head at the natural angle for the ball to go in. Keep going though, Tomer, eventually there will be a chance so perfectly created for him that he can put it away.

Murray would have got a hat trick today.

We need more quality than that at this level. If we'd not won again today it would have been because he's not good enough. Luckily, Pascal stepped up (Again) and we got away with it. We're so very close to being a quality Premier League team, but we're badly lacking in the final third. Our defence is fantastic, even when Bong plays, but we need to improve going forward and we all know it.

Since Utd “, Murray has been completely off the pace, he had a shocker against Huddersfield, was below par vs Palace, and squandered numerous chances against Liverpool, then there was the Burnley game when he did nothing other than blaze the penalty over.

Hemed deserves his chance, for me he is more mobile and looks more likely to bring others into the game. He did that today time after time, dragged players out of position with good movement and did not let their defenders rest at all.

Perhaps Murray is a better player all-round, but based on current form, IMO he most certainly is not.

Totally agree with your last statement and it is imperative we get someone in and quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Subs

Izquierdo n./a

Re Ryan, punching the ball is a viable tactic for goalkeepers, and on the one occasion he did it, he did it well and got good distance. Furthermore, punching was the right decision in that situation due to the pressure he was under. Maybe you weren’t trying to criticise him for it, but that’s how it reads and I think it’s harsh if meant that way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Murray squandered numerous chances against Liverpool.

Totally agree with your last statement and it is imperative we get someone in and quicklb

Murray missed one great chance, but in that case Liverpool should have tucked away 5 other chances to make it 10.

PL strikers might have a success rate of 20% chances converted.

But I agree we need pacey strikers a.s.a.p., to make the most of our dominant performances elsewhere on the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Murray missed one great chance, but in that case Liverpool should have tucked away 5 other chances to make it 10.

PL strikers might have a success rate of 20% chances converted.

But I agree we need pacey strikers a.s.a.p., to make the most of our dominant performances elsewhere on the pitch.

Perhaps but I don’t care about Liverpool.

Murray missed one in the first half of that game when he swivelled and put it wide, not dissimilar to Hemed’s in the second half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps but I don’t care about Liverpool.

Murray missed one in the first half of that game when he swivelled and put it wide, not dissimilar to Hemed’s in the second half.

No no you're all wrong "GM would have had a field day and had the same crosses come in against Burnley we would have 2 more points.". :facepalm: Jesus Freakin Wept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here