Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Fulham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it's a question of who played better between Bruno and Kayal, then it was Bruno. Some people have got Kayal-tinted glasses,* today wasn't his best game.
It's not just who was better, it's that the ratings were either 6 or 9, which is quite a difference.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fulham were in total control and we were in grave danger of not even getting a point. Not sure I can think of a manager that wouldn't have tried to change it the way CH did to save the point.

This. Not forgetting what our attacking 'talent' on the bench was.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Thought Baldock was brilliant yesterday. Good movement and finish for the goal. Almost scored a nice little flick in the second half too. Lot's of little flicks and bits of link up play and showed some nice bits of skill to get round his man or make some space, Will be our top goalscorer this year IMO if he plays majority of the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Bruno 8.03 (95mins, 17 votes)

The Rest:
Stockdale 7.85 (95mins, 17 votes)
<Baldock 7.47 (80mins, 17 votes)
Huenemeier 7.26 (95mins, 17 votes)
Lualua 7.26 (95mins, 17 votes)
Greer 7.24 (95mins, 17 votes)
Kayal 7.15 (95mins, 17 votes)
>Forster-Caskey 7.10 (8mins, 10 votes)
Bong 7.02 (95mins, 17 votes)
>Rosenior 6.86 (11mins, 11 votes)
Hemed 6.75 (95mins, 16 votes)
>Ince 6.55 (15mins, 11 votes)
<March 6.53 (84mins, 17 votes)
<Stephens 6.44 (87mins, 17 votes)

Squad average: 7.11

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Any views on why the team are tirying so early? Pre season training?

Very good point why? they are professional athletes with more resource than ever available to them, mostly in their twenties and early thirties, having played a pre season schedule. of all the attributes a modern footballer has stamina must be the easiest to aquire and maintain. Unlike rugby, tennis etc, foorball players are not running all of the time and many on here gave observed that we had run out of steam at 60 minutes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very good point why? they are professional athletes with more resource than ever available to them, mostly in their twenties and early thirties, having played a pre season schedule. of all the attributes a modern footballer has stamina must be the easiest to aquire and maintain. Unlike rugby, tennis etc, foorball players are not running all of the time and many on here gave observed that we had run out of steam at 60 minutes.

It was warm & humid, although the players did manage to grab a drink now & again during substitutions. It was 3 or 4 players who tired, one being Stephens, who had been ill during the week, but all midfield, & had put a lot of work in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was warm & humid, although the players did manage to grab a drink now & again during substitutions. It was 3 or 4 players who tired, one being Stephens, who had been ill during the week, but all midfield, & had put a lot of work in.

I would highlight March, Baldock, KLL, Stephens (ill) and Kayal as tiring the most.

Although they put in a lot of work, it doesn't really explain it, as arguably Fulham chased the ball for 40 mins non-stop in the first half and that is a lot harder, yet they did seem fitter and lasted longer.

The subs should have been made at 60 mins.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not sure I agree with your comment re rugby or, for that matter tennis. In both there are frequent breaks in play, especially in tennis. I would suggest that rugby and football aren't too dissimilar although rugby probably has longer delays at set pieces.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would highlight March, Baldock, KLL, Stephens (ill) and Kayal as tiring the most.

Although they put in a lot of work, it doesn't really explain it, as arguably Fulham chased the ball for 40 mins non-stop in the first half and that is a lot harder, yet they did seem fitter and lasted longer.

Watched the second half on the Fulham website yesterday. Contrary to a few comments, there was only one pass from Stephens that went astray and that was because it was intercepted rather than misplaced. When he came off he appeared to mouth 'cramp' to the bench which of course may have been due to fatigue following his illness during the week.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Those are precisely the players/positions, along with Hemed and the full-backs, that have to cover the most distance during the game. I think our tiring was the result of the combination of three factors:
i. the shift we put in in the first hour
ii. the heat and humidity
iii. we're just into the second week of the season
I do agree that CH should have made those substitutions earlier.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Those are precisely the players/positions, along with Hemed and the full-backs, that have to cover the most distance during the game. I think our tiring was the result of the combination of three factors:
i. the shift we put in in the first hour
ii. the heat and humidity
iii. we're just into the second week of the season
I do agree that CH should have made those substitutions earlier.

Still doesn't explain why Fulham were fresher when they were chasing more.

To be clear, subs thing apart, the fitness thing is not a criticism more an observation.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Still doesn't explain why Fulham were fresher when they were chasing more.

To be clear, subs thing apart, the fitness thing is not a criticism more an observation.

My observation/non-criticism is that we were actually putting in more of a shift in the first hour of the game. I saw the extended highlights this morning, and I'd forgotten the number of chances we actually created in that first hour. Fulham did have a few opportunities after that, but Stockdale only had one difficult save to make. They did have substantially more possession after the hour. A lot of this was due to misplaced passes and poor decision-making on our behalf (March in particular panicked when he received the ball at this stage).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here