Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stockdale 9 a world class save and a dignified reaction to our winner
Bruno 7 one of his better games plenty of energy
Greer 6 owned by Smith
Hunemonster 7 similar to Greer up against Smith but looks a good aquisition
Bong 7 puts himself about looks very strong , positional sense a bit iffy at times
Stephens 7 Really warming to him very Crofts like
Kayal 7 Ran the game for 25 minute
s very classy
March 8 if he stays fit in tandem with Murphy plenty of goals coming from his deliveries
Baldock 7 Ran his socks off for 60minutes looks like he is enjoying his football
Lualua 8 Looks like the manager has found a way to get the best from him.
Hemed 7 Calmly taken penalty and a lot of good work defending from the front

Overall a solid team performance , Tony ask Fulham how much they want for Smith :)

theboybilly

Stockdale 8 - some excellent stops. Some kicks were suspect though
Bong 8 - excellent first half and surely playing his part in the resurgence of Kaz
Greer 7 - played well and kept a watching brief on his new partner. Doesn't deserve half the grief he gets
Uwe 6 - a very decent debut. Good first half struggled slightly in the second as Fulham pushed. He'll be alright. Looks the part too.
Bruno 8 - some great skills, full of confidence which transfers to others
Lua Lua 8 - a constant menace, Fulham's defence didn't know what to do with him, and usually got it wrong
Stephens 7 - kept probing but has yet to get on the same wavelength as our forwards. But he will do with what we've got now
Kayal 7 - couldn't get going as he likes but was the glue in midfield again. One of his quieter games
March 7 - did lots of good work, just needs a bit of luck with his final ball. Improving all the time
Baldock 8 - a constant irritation for Budorov. Probably the best I've seen him play and like Solly improving after injury
Hemed 7 - I have to admit I didn't see much of his best work in the first half other than hitting the bar, In the 2nd period it was the penalty and not much else. He seems to work tirelessly though
SUBS:
Ince 6 - still looks raw and awkward at times but a solid display nonetheless
JFC 7 - gave us some options when tiredness was setting in
Rosenior - 7 it can't be long before he finds a permanent berth in the starting XI. Pacy and skilful

Hughton 8 - an excellent first half shows he can send out an attacking team. Seemed to get thing right with the subs.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Very pissed off in second half when CH took off our attackers and played for the draw. Sorry but I think we were lucky today. First half we should have gone in 3-0 up. Second half we chased the game and the penalty came against the run of play. I can't rate the players because they were a different team in the different halves. For what it is worth

Stockdale had a great game
Bruno had a great game
Greer actually made some good forward passes
Ewe I think if we get the right money for Dunk we have a replacement
Bong God I loved the overlaps he does with KLL. This is what we missed last season.
Stevens Loved him in the 1st half. Hardly noticed him in second (not just him )
Kayal Class but see Stevens
March How can you trolls on here vilify him. OK he always comes inside, some of his crosses are shit, he can be lightweight but he gave their defence a nightmare and most of his corners were good. Give the BOY a chance
Baldock Again the difference between this and last season. Really put himself about
Hemed Oh God I soo want him to be the one but....
Lualua Last season could not do 90 mins but this season is looking like our jack in the box. We were in complete retreat until he forced his way into the box for the penalty
Ince Class act steadied the ship
Rosenoir? Looks class but Bruno is keeping him out
JKC I didn't realise it was his pass which put KLL in on goal but think he has a great future

I told my mate that I thought our bench was very weak but that with the new winger, BZ and the Real youngster still to come in barring major injuries we will have a very decent squad.

We were lucky to get a win today.....but not that lucky. WE ARE A GOOD TEAM.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very pissed off in second half when CH took off our attackers and played for the draw. Sorry but I think we were lucky today. First half we should have gone in 3-0 up. Second half we chased the game and the penalty came against the run of play. I can't rate the players because they were a different team in the different halves..

Fulham were in total control and we were in grave danger of not even getting a point. Not sure I can think of a manager that wouldn't have tried to change it the way CH did to save the point.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Any views on why the team are tirying so early? Pre season training?

I think it is because they played so well in the first half and closed down so quickly, they were hunting in packs. Until the 43rd minute Fulham weren't second best the were third or fourth best then a once a season strike got them level. We should have been 3 up before they scored. It was the best 43 minutes of football we have played for over a year and this took its toll in the second half.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Very pissed off in second half when CH took off our attackers and played for the draw. Sorry but I think we were lucky today. First half we should have gone in 3-0 up. Second half we chased the game and the penalty came against the run of play. I can't rate the players because they were a different team in the different halves. For what it is worth

Stockdale had a great game
Bruno had a great game
Greer actually made some good forward passes
Ewe I think if we get the right money for Dunk we have a replacement
Bong God I loved the overlaps he does with KLL. This is what we missed last season.
Stevens Loved him in the 1st half. Hardly noticed him in second (not just him )
Kayal Class but see Stevens
March How can you trolls on here vilify him. OK he always comes inside, some of his crosses are shit, he can be lightweight but he gave their defence a nightmare and most of his corners were good. Give the BOY a chance
Baldock Again the difference between this and last season. Really put himself about
Hemed Oh God I soo want him to be the one but....
Lualua Last season could not do 90 mins but this season is looking like our jack in the box. We were in complete retreat until he forced his way into the box for the penalty
Ince Class act steadied the ship
Rosenoir? Looks class but Bruno is keeping him out
JKC I didn't realise it was his pass which put KLL in on goal but think he has a great future

I told my mate that I thought our bench was very weak but that with the new winger, BZ and the Real youngster still to come in barring major injuries we will have a very decent squad.

We were lucky to get a win today.....but not that lucky. WE ARE A GOOD TEAM.

Sorry but that is nonsense. Fulham were winning the midfield and it was starting to become one way traffic. Bringing Ince on beefed up our midfield and was the right call. Fulham made a fatal error by taking off Smith who was causing us so many problems. It seemed like the O' Hara show for the last 20 mins or so. He was dictating everything

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale 8 - very, very good today. Great distribution, a brilliant save in the second half and the lack of celebration was classy
Bruno 8 - I'm a Bruno naysayer but he's been terrific so far this season. Maybe benefitting from the competition from Rosenior?
Greer 7 - Good game, one Dunk'esque break forward in the second half. Love GG. Hugely under appreciated
SFG 7 - Surely he's a relatively small f@&@ing German?
Bong 7 - what an upgrade on Bennett!
Kayal 7 - not his best game by any means. Got sloppier as he tired
Stephens 7 - still liking this midfield partnership but it needs more attacking intent
March 6 - frustrating. Beats his man, then gives it away. Took every set piece. Why?
Lua Lua 7 - his best 8 days in the stripes.
Baldock 7 - well taken goal. Worked hard. Lacked confidence in front of goal even after he scored
Hamed 6 - great penalty but didn't do much else

ince 6
Jfc 7
rosenior 7

Good performance. We lacked attacking options on the bench but Murphy, Zamora and Harper will change that. I hope we don't burn out by the end of August.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think it is because they played so well in the first half and closed down so quickly, they were hunting in packs. Until the 43rd minute Fulham weren't second best the were third or fourth best then a once a season strike got them level. We should have been 3 up before they scored. It was the best 43 minutes of football we have played for over a year and this took its toll in the second half.

Wish i had been there, sounds great :)

Stumpy Tim

Stockdale 8 - No chance with the goal & commanding performance
Bruno 8 - Class act
Greer 7 - Tough game for him & Uwe, but did a good job
Uwe 7 - Good performance on his debut
Bong 7 - Solid
Stephens 7 - Good on the ball, though faded badly in the second half. Was the right call to take him off
Kayal 8 - POTS shoe-in already. Best midfielder on the pitch
March 7.5 - One of his better games, & he even used his right-foot on occasions.
Baldock 7.5 - Tidy finish, good link up play. Was right to be taken off as I don't think he could play upfront alone
Lualua 8 - A threat all game. Him & Kayal have been our best players this season
Hemed 7.5 - Hit the bar, scored the penalty, held the ball up. Did well

And a mention for JFC... cracking through ball for the penalty. Great energetic cameo

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Had a great day out yesterday first half Fulham very much second best we really should have been out of sight by half time.

Second half Fulham got stronger we started to look nervous and to be honest they looked likely winners but timely subs shored things up before the last min winner

Impressed with BFG on his debut it's one of those positions that needs time to develop an understanding with those around you obviously you cannot expect that after one game and to some extent he was at fault for their very well taken equilizer but all in all a very good start.

Solly good first half went missing second half but clearly a talent

All in all great game we look so much stronger than last year already my mojo is in the ascendancy

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stockdale 7

Bruno 8
Uwe 7
Greer 8
Bong 7

Kayal 7
Stephens 6
March 6
Lua Lua 7

Baldock 7
Hemed 7

Subs:

Ince 6
Rosenior 6
JFC 7

A solid performance.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A few observations based on radio and highlights.

The BfG seemed to slot in well with none of those momentary lapses in concentration that risk a red card or a goal in an otherwise outstanding performance.
Bruno is a class above.
Disappointed that none of our midfield saw that O'Hara was dropping deeper and controlling the game and therefore failed to close him down.
Baldock looked like the player we paid good money for
At present March has no final ball which will surely cost him his place to Murphy.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
A few observations based on radio and highlights.

The BfG seemed to slot in well with none of those momentary lapses in concentration that risk a red card or a goal in an otherwise outstanding performance.
Bruno is a class above.
Disappointed that none of our midfield saw that O'Hara was dropping deeper and controlling the game and therefore failed to close him down.
Baldock looked like the player we paid good money for
At present March has no final ball which will surely cost him his place to Murphy.

I did not understand why someone was not put on to O'hara who was creating the danger and why none of the substitutes shored up the left hand side where Bong was very exposed as Lua Lua drifted out of the game in the second half. Ince Rosenior and JFC all wandered about the middle/right whereas their right back was having a field day on our left

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 7.5 -- one great save, highly competent for all else, distribution mainly good
Bruno 8 -- Rosenoir's going to find it difficult to start at right-back
Greer 7 -- solid, great captain's performance
The Honey Monster 7 -- good debut, looks like a cracking defender, there was one incident in the first half when he came from nowhere to throw his body on the line. He's no Dunk with his passing though
Bong 6.5 -- OK overall, but could have done better with their goal
March 6.5 -- made their left-back look tosh, tired towards the end and made some poor decisions at that point
Kayal 7.5 -- top stuff, yet again
Stephens 6 -- some good tackles, too many wayward passes
KLL 6.5 -- one good effort, and excellent for the penalty win but, beyond that, he didn't do too much
Baldock 8.5 MoM -- ran their No 6 ragged, excellent movement throughout, got an archetypal Baldock goal, had two other shots, both on target and, once again, put in a real shift
Hemed 6.5 -- cool from the penalty, didn't do a great deal else

Ince 6.5 -- shored it up
Rosenoir 7 -- one great defensive header, and his pace made him a good outlet
JFC 7 -- great ball for the penalty

Top stuff from CH. I'm rather keen on going to Craven Cottage

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We looked unbeatable at the start and could possibly have gone in two up at HT. Great goal by the Fulham lad. 2nd half was a different story and we failed to hold onto the ball and were lucky to still be at 1-1 at added time. Lovely to see so much attacking play from an Albion team ... and no frustrating tippy-tappy across the back.

Stockdale 8. MOM. Great display and some crucial saves.
Bruno 8. Another strong performance. A transformed player.
Greer 8. Ditto. Also a transformed player compared with the end of last season.
Hunemeier 6. Not quite so impressed by him as some on here. Did OK, but too often outjumped in the first half. Needs to be given credit for a decent debut after such a short time at the club, but Dunk is a far far better CB.
Bong 7. Overall a good performance, but positioning seemed a bit slack in the 2nd half when their winger too often left unmarked.
Kayal 8. Apart from a stray pass or two another very positive day's work.
Stephens 5. Not up to his recent standards. Did not impose himself on the game and too many stray passes.
March 6. Some good, some not so good. Shooting needs work. Too many misplaced passes. Should be dropped in favour of the new guy on Tuesday.
Lua Lua 8. Another very good day at the office. A revelation this season. Should have been given the ball more in the 2nd half. When he finally gets if ... penalty!
Baldock 8. Getting better every game. Nicely taken goal.
Hemed. Strong performance and a very well taken penalty.

Subs:
Ince 8. Looked to be the real thing again. Great to have him on the bench. Should start on Tuesday if Stephens injured ... or maybe even if he isn't.
Rosenior 8. Another class act.
JFC - not on long enough to rate, but great pass to KLL for the pen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports