Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Birmingham (H)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
6 chances??? Was one of those arguably the worst shot ever at The Amex that went out for a throw-in?

That shot was dreadful but, as you pointed out earlier, his shot that ended in the back of the net was superb. We can't expect perfection from our players. Thought Lopez had a great game yesterday as the stats indicate. Beyond Orlandi, he has the best technique in the squad, and certainly has the best vision. Think you're being harsh.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Depends on the opposition. With everyone fit, the back five is the same as yesterday. Probably Ince and Crofts in midfield (assuming Bridcutt is out) but the front four are interesting.

At home, I'd be tempted to play Lopez at the front of the midfield three with Orlandi and Buckley/LuaLua wide and Ulloa up front. Away, I'd probably be more defensive with Andrews/Agustien in the third midfield position and one of Orlandi/Lopez and one of Buckley/LuaLua wide with Ulloa up front. Will be interesting to see Oscar's decisions if we're ever close to getting everyone fit. CMS obviously is another option if/when he comes back. How about you?

Think you've got things right here Finchley, although we'll have to make amendments now Crofts is crock for the rest of the season. This is such a shame. His commitment, professionalism and skill have been outstanding this season. I hope others can bring something different -- but similarly effective -- to the team.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
koosh 7
Bruno 6
Greer 6
upson 7
Ward 7
Andrews 8
Crofts 8
Ince 7
Lua lua 8
Lopez 8
Ulloa 6

Orlandi 6
Obika 6
El Abd 6

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not far off - Bruno was poor in the first half - in terms of passing to them rather than us - but better in second half, so his score is a bit higher than I would give
Completely agree. But I thought Bruno was superb in the second half. First half 5 second half 9.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Depends on the opposition. With everyone fit, the back five is the same as yesterday. Probably Ince and Crofts in midfield (assuming Bridcutt is out) but the front four are interesting.

At home, I'd be tempted to play Lopez at the front of the midfield three with Orlandi and Buckley/LuaLua wide and Ulloa up front. Away, I'd probably be more defensive with Andrews/Agustien in the third midfield position and one of Orlandi/Lopez and one of Buckley/LuaLua wide with Ulloa up front. Will be interesting to see Oscar's decisions if we're ever close to getting everyone fit. CMS obviously is another option if/when he comes back. How about you?
I would settle for that.
But on form Lua Lua clearly ahead of Buckley

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Kuszczak - 6 Hardly anything to do but, as always, a safe presence. Distribution a bit dodgy once or twice.

Bruno - 6.5 Passing very sloppy at times in the first half when he seemed unable to find a striped shirt, but made up for it.
Greer - 6 Solid, except for a couple of times he gave the ball away under pressure towards the end of the match. Sometimes seems to lose concentration.
Upson - 7.5 As ever, consistent and solid presence in the heart of our defence.
Ward - 7.5 Much improved, like him more every game.

Ince - 7.5 Always looks quality, natural replacement for Bridders. Faded a bit.
Crofts - 8.5 MoM until his injury. Everywhere, and always wanted the ball.
Andrews - 7 Decent if unspectacular game.

Lopez - 7.5 Seems to have got over his poor spell earlier in the season. Great finish for the goal.
Ulloa - 5.5 Got stuck in but off the pace. Hopefully back to full fitness soon.
LuaLua - 8 Two cracking shots. Always a threat but tired in the second half.

Subs
Obika - 6 Not on long enough to make a judgment about whether he'll be any good! Looked keen (as you'd hope!)
Orlandi - 6 Good to see him involved, will be a crucial member of the squad for rest of the season especially in Crofts' absence.
El Abd - N/A

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That shot was dreadful but, as you pointed out earlier, his shot that ended in the back of the net was superb. We can't expect perfection from our players. Thought Lopez had a great game yesterday as the stats indicate. Beyond Orlandi, he has the best technique in the squad, and certainly has the best vision. Think you're being harsh.

You've clearly got low expectations. If you go to the 'What is the point of Spanish Dave' thread, you'll see I'm not the only one who is "being harsh", and certainly I was in the majority where I sit. All opinions.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 7
Ward 7
Greer 7
Upson 7
Ince 7
Andrews 7
KLL 8
Crofts 8
Lopez 6 - only because of he goal, poor most of the time and should not be playing.
Ulloa 5 - worst performance in a Brighton shirt

Obika 6
Orlandi 6
AEA n/a

Lopez 6? Well presumably we can rely on others to score for us and make those passes that place our strikers in goal scoring positions. Dave is the man to make our season and you know when he has the ball he is always looking for that telling pass. Couldn't disagree with you more.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lopez 6? Well presumably we can rely on others to score for us and make those passes that place our strikers in goal scoring positions. Dave is the man to make our season and you know when he has the ball he is always looking for that telling pass. Couldn't disagree with you more.

That's ok, you're allowed to. :smile:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Kuszczak-7 A much better performance then his last.
Bruno- 7 A few stray passes but that is to be expected when trying to be creative. There was one particularly good back heel to Ulloa in front of goal in the second half.
Greer- 7
Upson- 7
Ward- 7
Ince- 7
Crofts- 7
Andrews- 7
Spanish Dave- 7 Great goal. Also tackled a lot and got through a lot of work.
LuaLua- 8 MOTM. I don't think I've seen him work so hard. He looked absolutely shattered at the end of the match.
Ulloa- 4

Obika - 6.5 Looks good. He was quick and hassled the defenders.
Orlandi- 6
El-Abd - Not on long enough for a rating.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Really good game of football. We should have won by more, but 1-0 will do.

Kuszczack 7. Safe handling. Distribution mostly OK.
Bruno 7. Couldn't find a blue shirt with his passes for the first 15 mins. Then improved.
Greer 8. Good game. Welcome back.
Upson 8. Strong and dependable as usual.
Ward 8. Good defensively and some good forward runs.
Andrews 8. Best performance for some time. Good to see him back at his best.
Ince 8. Some great stuff, but still plenty to learn. Should have scored at the end.
Crofts 8. One of his best games. Has been consistently improving to the point where he should be first name on the team sheet. Gutted about the injury.
Lopez 7. Too slow, too many poor corners in the first half, but a very well taken goaL
Lua Lua 9. Exciting. A couple of excellent shots. Deserved a goal. MOM.
Ulloa 4. Very poor. What has happened?

Subs:
Obika 6. Did OK, but lost the ball a couple of times.
Orlandi 7. Good to see him back.
El Abd. Not on long enough.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You've clearly got low expectations. If you go to the 'What is the point of Spanish Dave' thread, you'll see I'm not the only one who is "being harsh", and certainly I was in the majority where I sit. All opinions.

How have you contrived to burden me with low expectations? Please explain.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 6
Ward 7
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ince 7
Andrews 7
KLL 8
Crofts 8
Lopez 8 - before the goal, i thought he was playing very well. And i'm not sure people can keep blaming him for the corners still, if you look at where our players end up at corners Oscar seems to want him to hit a metre square area. Having someone run at the near or far post would help
Ulloa 5- Clearly unfit

Obika 6
Orlandi 6
AEA n/a

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I'd put Bruno ahead of Orlandi also. But yes, those 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here