Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Birmingham (H)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kusczack 7 - they had ONE shot on target!
Bruno - 7 - scares the life out of me at times
Greer - 7.5 -very solid
Upson - 7.5 -ditto Upson. A great moment in the first half bringing the ball out of defence majestically
Ward - 6 - I know I'm in the minority but I thought Burke found space far too easily and should have done better at times
Andrews - 8 - very busy
Ince - 6 - not his greatest performance
Crofts - 8 - see Andrews
Lua Lua - 7 - great first half, faded second
Lopez - 8 - best performance for ages from Spanish
Ulloa - 5 - I had concussion a month ago. His performance epitomised how it felt

Subs:

Obika - 5 - looked a league 1 player. Hoping he just needs time
Orlandi n-a
El-Abd n/a

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Kuszczak - 7 Good distribution, solid on crosses and to me installs more confidence in our back four.
Bruno - 8 Sloopy start to the game but grew as the game progressed, some great touches and a real attacking threat throughout.
Greer - 7 Solid as always, did a job with Hightower just his distribution lets him down at times.
Upson - 8 Just Mr consistent, reads the game so well, solid as ever.
Ward - 8 Superb again, caused them problems all game and nullified the threat of Burke
Crofts - 9 Put in a real shift today, hurried and hustled and broke up play time and time again
Ince - 7 First half superb, put himself about and bossed the midfield, faded as game progressed
Andrews - 8 Best performance to date, ran the game and always wants the ball, love the way he's always in the refs ear
David - 7 Grew into the game, frustrating at times, sublime at others. Needs to be more consistent
Lua Lua - 9 Our main outlet today, worked his nuts off, tracked back and more encouragingly looked fresh for 90 mins. MOM
Ulloa - 6 Looked like a player returning from injury, not his best game but very rarely has he been as unaffective as he was this afternoon.

Obika - 7 Not involved a great deal, hard to judge on so few touches, extra mark for bowing to the fans at the end
Orlandi - 7 Not convinced he is suited to the middle of the park, some nice touches,
Needs minutes.
El Abd - 6 Not on long enough to make a fair assessment

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not only that, Ward was probably a 9.5. A tad better than Lualua and Crofts.
Ward destroyed B'ham with his electric pace going forward, his natural footballing ability led to countless swift attacks and chances/half-chances, and when left on numerous occasions with 2 to defend against he did it with ease with both wide-men 'in his pocket'. Cannot remember in any game for us, any right-sided opponent ever managing to get a cross in when faced with him. Who needs Wayne Bridge.

Nothing like going over the top........IMO.

Wayne bridge was a far better left back, IMO.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Kuszczak - 7 Had very little to do but what he did was first class.
Bruno - 7 At times great touches and a real attacking threat but also at times a liability.
Greer - 7 Did well getting back to fitness.
Upson - 8 One or two runs solid as ever could be player of season in the making.
Ward - 7 Did very well again like this lad not Bridge but growing on me.
Crofts - 8.5 was fantastic today really sad to see him going off please get well very soon.
Ince - 7 What a prospect this lad is we must not over use him especially with Crofts injury.
Andrews - 7 very hard working team player like him a lot.
David - 7.5 Improving week by week was about to be subbed when he scores gets an extra half point
Lua Lua - 9 MOM best performance since Oscar took over.
Ulloa - looked unwell give him a couple of games form is temporary class is permanent.

Obika - 5.5 Will need time to bed in.
Orlandi - 6 We have missed his classy touches as Ulloa needs a couple of games without twisting something.
El Abd - 6 Brought on very late to just waste a bit of time and steady the ship as always did what was on the tin.

Managment team 8- Did what was required.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lopez was quality throughout alongside Leicester at home his best performance of the season. Rarely gave the ball away and at the heart of everything we done going forward,

Didn't do one decent delivery from a set-play, pulled out of tackles until last 15 mins, tracked back abysmally in first half leaving Bruno and then Ward (when he swapped wings) exposed. One paced and simply not good enough and the goal (which was brilliant) flattered his performance.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack 7
Bruno 7
Greer 7
Upson 8
Ward 7
Andrews 9 - impressive, calm, effective.
Ince 6.5
Crofts 8
David 7
LuaLua 9
Ulloa 6 - clearly about 80% fit.

Obika 6
Orlandi 6
ElAbd -

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Didn't do one decent delivery from a set-play, pulled out of tackles until last 15 mins, tracked back abysmally in first half leaving Bruno and then Ward (when he swapped wings) exposed. One paced and simply not good enough and the goal (which was brilliant) flattered his performance.

How about continually linked attacks through midfield, when appropriate played further infield to get a little closer to Ulloa. Pass completion rate was the highest on the pitch (IMO). Scored a great goal and most of our chances involved Lopez.

A really intelligent display, continually probing and asking questions of the Birmingham back four.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
How about continually linked attacks through midfield, when appropriate played further infield to get a little closer to Ulloa. Pass completion rate was the highest on the pitch (IMO). Scored a great goal and most of our chances involved Lopez.

A really intelligent display, continually probing and asking questions of the Birmingham back four.
And the stats tend to support your view - Dave was involved in quite a lot going forward yesterday. Involved in 6 chances. Second highest pass completion rate (behind Andrews), second most amount of passes completed (80 - behind Bruno).

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/72...nd-Championship-2013-2014-Brighton-Birmingham

(Properly fascinating these - becoming a regular part of my post-match ritual)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Then you watched a completely different game to me, with the exception of his goal. He was more effective when he came inside, but that was forced because Crofts went off and was as a result of an instruction from the bench. In terms of completion, pretty irrelevant, I'm fairly certain that I could play 5 yard passes and increase my percentage of completion...... I would argue that Bruno probably had similar figures and Ince as well.

I do agree with you that he did play well against Leicester though, but still not worth a place.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It's amazing how differently people see games. I thought Lopez had one of his best games this season. He was involved in most of the good stuff we did and scored a brilliant goal. I would probably have gone for Crofts as man of the match but would have put a case for Lopez as he had a good game and, in a close game, a bit of class from him decided it.

I also don't understand the criticism of Ward, who I thought had a really good game. Everyone played well overall, except for Ulloa who didn't look up for it. I know Obika wasn't perfect but when he came on, at least we were a bit more mobile up front. Hope that was just a bad day for Leo.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Then you watched a completely different game to me, with the exception of his goal. He was more effective when he came inside, but that was forced because Crofts went off and was as a result of an instruction from the bench. In terms of completion, pretty irrelevant, I'm fairly certain that I could play 5 yard passes and increase my percentage of completion...... I would argue that Bruno probably had similar figures and Ince as well.

I do agree with you that he did play well against Leicester though, but still not worth a place.

I'm really not sure which game you were watching, to be honest, but everyone is allowed an opinion I suppose.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And the stats tend to support your view - Dave was involved in quite a lot going forward yesterday. Involved in 6 chances. Second highest pass completion rate (behind Andrews), second most amount of passes completed (80 - behind Bruno).

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/72...nd-Championship-2013-2014-Brighton-Birmingham

6 chances??? Was one of those arguably the worst shot ever at The Amex that went out for a throw-in?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's amazing how differently people see games. I thought Lopez had one of his best games this season. He was involved in most of the good stuff we did and scored a brilliant goal. I would probably have gone for Crofts as man of the match but would have put a case for Lopez as he had a good game and, in a close game, a bit of class from him decided it.

I also don't understand the criticism of Ward, who I thought had a really good game. Everyone played well overall, except for Ulloa who didn't look up for it. I know Obika wasn't perfect but when he came on, at least we were a bit more mobile up front. Hope that was just a bad day for Leo.

Well apparently Oscar saw it similarly as he was about to withdraw him and it wasn't because of his good play and creativity.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Does that mean I win then!

I love a stat so ill keep an eye on that site.

I also think that when rating we should post in what area of the ground we were sitting and see if there is a correlation between player rating and area of the ground as sometimes views can be the polar opposite.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
6 chances??? Was one of those arguably the worst shot ever at The Amex that went out for a throw-in?
Quite possibly, ha! To be fair, should probably point out that stats don't always tell the full story. The fact that he's on corners and free-kicks obviously gives him an obvious advantage in that department. Can see why he was possibly about to come off as we needed a different attacking impetus and Kaz was playing very well on the other wing - but Dave still delivered the all-decisive match winning action - which can NEVER be understated in my book.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why haven't you scored the fullbacks highly? Both had a great game with their opponents nullified, apparently,

Sorry, you can't claim some sort of proof of your opinion through those marks. Ward getting a 6 from someone (when that's low compared to most people's marks) does not prove your ridiculous mark of 4 was fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here