Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Fulham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It all feels about right, but if we hadn’t gone missing for a few seconds leading to both goals, the very poor ratings across the board would be much higher. Fulham didn’t take us apart or give us an exhibition in football for 99 minutes by any means.

Fair comment. The main issue last night is we seemed to lack concentration right across the team. Maybe we felt we could relax a bit after Man U, Newcastle, Leeds and West Ham? Hopefully we can put it right next Sunday.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Fulham weren't great, but we were definitely not up to our usual standard. 4's across the board from me, maybe a 5 for Mac Allister who was slightly better than the rest.
Too sloppy, too slow and probably highlighted the need for a striker again.
Shit happens. Early enough into the season for it to not matter. Regroup and get back on track Sunday.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I watched on tv as well. I don’t think we should under estimate Fulham’s influence on that result. They denied us space for the usual passing game and did what we usually do to other teams ie pressed and forced mistakes. Estupinan was particularly error prone and Mwepu’s positioning was poor. The own goal was bizarre. I don’t think we played badly but maybe we encountered a template of how to play against us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We lost it in the first half, Welbeck may of been better starting and going off after 60 mins if he needed a rest. Why we changed a winning team on GP knows.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are some really harsh scores on here. On reflection I don’t think we were that bad, Fulham got a little lucky with both goals. My biggest criticism of most players is that Fulham wanted it more than us and won most of the 50/50s and second balls. Disappointing but the fabulous run was always going to come to an end and last night we seemed to be over confident in our ability. Potter summed it up - we weren’t good enough on the night, there are no easy games in this division. Imo we took it too easy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Terrible performance.

6 - average

Sanchez - 4
Veltman - 6
Pervis - 4
Webster - 4 - bullied all night, mentally and physically owned every time he knew Mitrovic was near him
Dunk - 5
March - 6
MacAllister - 6
Caciedo - 6
Gross - 6
Mwepu - 3 - really poor. Looked out of his depth
Trossard - 5

Lamptey - 6
Mitoma - 6
Welbeck - 6
Undav - N/A

Potter - wrong tactics, after a series of 9 or 10, has to take a 5.

Ref intimidated by Mitrovic, should have clamped down on the diving. 5

Our fans - excellent - 8

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There are some really harsh scores on here. On reflection I don’t think we were that bad, Fulham got a little lucky with both goals. My biggest criticism of most players is that Fulham wanted it more than us and won most of the 50/50s and second balls. Disappointing but the fabulous run was always going to come to an end and last night we seemed to be over confident in our ability. Potter summed it up - we weren’t good enough on the night, there are no easy games in this division. Imo we took it too easy.

Don’t know if you went, but we really were.

Didn’t turn up until we were two down. We were static.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Terrible performance.

6 - average

Sanchez - 4
Veltman - 6
Pervis - 4
Webster - 4 - bullied all night, mentally and physically owned every time he knew Mitrovic was near him
Dunk - 5
March - 6
MacAllister - 6
Caciedo - 6
Gross - 6
Mwepu - 3 - really poor. Looked out of his depth
Trossard - 5

Lamptey - 6
Mitoma - 6
Welbeck - 6
Undav - N/A

Potter - wrong tactics, after a series of 9 or 10, has to take a 5.

Ref intimidated by Mitrovic, should have clamped down on the diving. 5

Our fans - excellent - 8

The ref had an excellent game. That can be easier to see on tv than in the ground. If anything Fulham would have more to complain about, but that’s only marginal. I also disagree about Potter’s tactics. He flexibly changed formation to nullify Fulham’s threat but there were just too many individual errors. Beaten by the better team on the night.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We were poor all over the pitch, Mitrovic absolutely owned and bullied Dunk & Webster - our players seemed scared of his physicality at times. Estupinan was all over the place positionally and March was anonymous. MacAllister MOM in my view. Poor team selection from the start cost us - we didn’t show any threat until we went 2-0 down which was no coincidence that this was when Mitoma, Welbeck & Lamptey came on.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fulham pressed us incredibly well, they were first to every second ball, we didn't get going until we were 2-0 down.
They fully deserved the win.

Sanchez - 4 - Get them howlers out of your system Bobby.
Veltman - 5 - Torrid time, but he did better than the othe r2 CBs
Dunk - 4- Mitrovic did him, no question.
Webster 4 - Some calamitous play and wasted balls into channels, that no one was running into. - Poor
Estupinan - 4 - welcome to the premier League. Going to need to toughen up and get used to the pace and ferocity of this league.
Caceido --5 Not at his best tonight. Good experience for him though, sure he will come back stronger
Macallister - 7 MotM the only player to come out of this with his early season reputation intact. A finr dogged performance, decent pen too.
Mwepu - 4 - Not at the races or on the same wavelength of any of the team.
March -6- did ok, but needed to step up more, with the rest of the team misfiring.
Groß - 6 - as above, did Ok without being able to add some much needed quality.
Trossard -4 - One of those nights where the other Leo turned up.

Welbeck - 6- Proved how much we need him when he came on
Lamptey - 6.5. - Looked decent tonight, pushing for a starting place
Undav - 5.5. I assume he was miles offside when he hit the post- didn't add much.
Mitoma - 6 - added something different, - I like him - will have a big game soon.

Yup. I'll go with this. We weren't good, and Fulham weren't that much better either, despite being strong in the midfield battle, impressive work rate and intensity. Their goals were lucky. We hit the post twice in one passage of play. Posters giving players 2s and 3s demonstrate a lot more about them rather than the players' performance on the pitch. Some people are just bad losers.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I did not think Fulham were that good but was a very rare case of us very poor. Cannot remember a game when Dunk and Webster were so bad in a game let alone in same game. Left back is a worry. Taken off against Leeds because accident waiting to happen and responsible for 2 goals last night. Just watched highlights and no excuse for him not tracking Mitro for first goal. Very surprised if he plays Sunday. That may not do his confidence good but saves Leicester picking him out as a weakness . Very hard for team to get going when heart of defence was so poor including Sanches who looked comical at times. Pity because as the away side we held them well in 1st half when if only Solly ............

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A case of us missing the players we sold tonight. Bissouma would have calmed the middle down and Cucurella likewise at LB. That's to be expected, Moises will only get better and Pervis has shown enough good stuff as well as bad (which was very bad at times).

Can't win them all and Leicester are shit. Good time to play them and a bad time to play Fulham.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Our passing wasn't good, but that's at least partly due to Fulham stopping us playing how we wanted. Some posters have praised Lamptey and Mitoma but I was disappointed they didn't produce more when they came on. Mitoma didn't seem confident to run at their defence, and Lamptey isn't quite back to his electrifying best yet. But we've had a great start to the season, hopefully this is just a blip.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 5
Veltman 6.5
Dunk 4
Webster 3
March 5
Estupiñan 4
Mwepu 4
Mac Allister 7
Caicedo 5
Groß 5.5
Trossard 5
Mitoma 6.5
Lamptey 6
Welbeck 5
Undav 4

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
a 3 for Webster is the best I can muster for him. The worst performance overall that I have seen from him.
Estupiñan is a real concern, he shows glimpses of real quality but the number of times we have seen him get himself into trouble and/or misplace a pass/touch in a critical area is pretty high for only 1.5 matches. we will compare to Cucu which is unfair but initial assessment is that he is far far weaker overall.
Sanchez 3

Rest of the team a solid 5.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I may well have watched a different game. We were far from at our best, but some of these ratings dont reflect what we actually did.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I didn't think we had one stand-out player tonight - all very average. Fulham wanted it more by the looks of it and were first to pretty much every ball.

Sanchez - 4 - One great save first half and then a mare of a second half with some comedy moments.
Pervis - 5 - Looks promising to me but a bad error leading to their second goal.
Dunk - 4 - Bullied by Mitro all night.
Webster - 3 - As above but add to this terrible passing and too casual at times.
Veltman - 5 - Not much to report.
March - 4 - Shows glimpses of promise and is clearly having a purple patch generally at the moment, but he was sloppy at times last night and lost his individual battles.
Mac Allister - 6 - Don't think he did too bad but still not his best performance, possibly the best of the bunch.
Caicedo - 5 - Probably the worst I've seen him but he didn't exactly have a shocker. We lost the midfield battle.
Mwepu - 3 - Pretty woeful - he seems to either be brilliant or terrible.
Gross - 6 - A couple of nice moments in the first half but didn't make much of an impact in the 2nd. The game rather passed him by.
Trossard - 5 - A couple of glimpses and OK moments but things didn't really come off for him.

Welbeck - 5 - No real impact.
Mitoma - 6 - Always looks a threat but didn't have too many chances to show it.
Lamptey - 6 - We were better when he came on and he was a real outlet on the right - looked our best chance to equalise. Still a little wasteful at times.
Undav - 5 - Nothing to report.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez 4 - Looked very dodgy at times. Definitely one to forget.

Veltman 6 - Looked ok
Dunk 5 - He was nowhere near his best and Mitrovitch got the better of him most of the match.

March 6 - With his scoring record we should not allow him in the penalty area!
Webster 5 - A performance to ensure Southgate doesn't pick him.
Pervis 4 - He cost a quarter of what we sold Cucu for so bound to be not as good. This was his worst showing so far.
Caicedo 5- Another one to have an off night. Nowhere near his best.
Mac Allister 6 - One of our better performers on .the night. Takes a great penalty too.
Mwepu 4 - Not sure why he was picked but on this showing didn't deserve the start.

Trossard 4 - Was he on the pitch??
Gross 6 - Good as he is, he needs some others to show up on the night.

Welbeck 6 - We need a back up to cover for him.
Lamptey 5 - I absolutely loved him in his first season but the injury seems to have cost him some pace and a lot of confidence. Lost the ball several times in their half and was badly caught out.
Mitoma 7 - looks a real prospect. Amazing how he has adapted to the PL where Undav seems not to have.
Undav 5- See above. He seems to be a different type of player to Welbeck and we are not likely to change our style of play to fit him in. Maybe Ferguson is worth a try?

Overall a very poor night but I have to give credit to Fulham for pressing so well and making life so difficult for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here