Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Fulham

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Always interesting these, my ratings are based from watching on TV.

Sanchez - 3
Veltman - 6
Dunk - 3
Webster - 2
March - 6
Mac Allister - 5
Caicedo - 3
Mwepu - 2
Estupinan - 4
Gross - 5
Trossard - 3

Welbeck - 5
Mitoma - 6
Lamptey - 5
Undav - 2

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 4 - nothing to do on the goals but he messed up quite a few times

Veltman 6 - had some problems with Kabano initially but got in control eventually
Dunk 5 - the own goal was pretty poor (more so than unlucky) and he struggled with Mitrovic
Webster 6 - was alright I think
Pervis 4 - it is illegal to lose the ball where he did for the second goal, and struggled with Reid

March 6 - probably the best attacking player today, without really accomplishing much
Caicedo 6 - bit hit and miss today, Palhinha had pretty fun with him
Mac Allister 7 - did a good job without domating
Mwepu 4 - he is always great or garbage.. and today he was garbage, unfortunately

Trossard 5 - poor
Gross 6 - did ok I think

Welbeck 6 - did not make much of a difference
Lamptey 6 - some good things, lots of lost possession though
Mitoma 7 - looks exciting
Undav - didn't play enough, didn't show much either

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sanchez 5

Veltman 6
Dunk 4
Webster 5
March 5
Estupiñan 3

Mwepu 3
Mac Allister 5
Caicedo 5
Groß 6

Trossard 5

Mitoma 6
Lamptey 5
Welbeck 5
Undav 5

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Generally, 3-4 . . . . . Gross a little better and Macallister better still, maybe a 7

GP - 3

No point in scoring subs . . I can't believe coaching/management didnt know what to expect. A really poor show.

What's strange is it was utterly predictable!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Sanchez - 3 atrocious on the ball
Veltman - 6 meh
Dunk - 2 well i think we know who won the dunk/mitro battle
Webster - 2 horrendous passing
March - 6 unlucky with the header, did some things well and others not so well
Mac Allister - 7 actually our best player tonight i thought, played his role very well and scored the penalty
Caicedo - 4 he is human after all
Mwepu - 1 :nono:
Estupinan - 5 absolutely chaotic
Gross - 5 he plays best when he has a #9 to play off. not at wing back, not as a false #9, not in a deep lying role. we've had five years to recognise this ffs!
Trossard - 3 nothing came off tonight

Welbeck - 5 didn't get into the game as I'd have liked him to
Mitoma - 5 ditto
Lamptey - 5 his dribbling isn't anywhere near as good as his speed
Undav - 2 needs time but really doesn't look too promising

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not our day today.

Sanchez 3, lucky his errors didn’t cost an extra two goals, needed to clear the lines more often towards the end of the game.

Veltman 6, solid enough, subbed for a more attaching option chasing the game, needed him when Fulham were time wasting down our right
Dunk 5, need to see the own goal again to judge
Webster 2, worst I’ve ever seen him, sure he’ll be back to his best soon!
March 5, was okay
Estupiñan 4, won the pen, wasn’t great otherwise

Mwepu 3, the wrong end of his marmite performances, should have been subbed at HT
Mac Allister 6, the Albion MOTM, good penalty
Caicedo 4, not at his best
Groß 5, too many aimless flicks that didn’t pull off today, tried hard

Trossard 5, I’m sorry GP, I still need convincing that Trossard can play as a loan focal point

Mitoma 6, looked bright
Lamptey 6, was being fooled nonstop, created a lot
Welbeck 5, hopefully he’s fit to start 2 games a week later in the season
Undav 3, should have done better to stay onside and hit the target, but actually worked out in our favour to win a corner

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It all feels about right, but if we hadn’t gone missing for a few seconds leading to both goals, the very poor ratings across the board would be much higher. Fulham didn’t take us apart or give us an exhibition in football for 99 minutes by any means.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
From tv, and btw scores based on fact that Fulham outplayed us and deserved to win.

Sanchez - 6 Likes to keep us on our toes, doesn't he?
Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 5
March - 4 He's the CM player you sell after 6 months, then goes on to be a world beater in AI land. Because, stats.
Estupinan - 4 He's been thrown in at the deep end, but there's something there
Mwepu - 3 Can we not turn him off and on again?
Mac Allister - 6
Caicedo - 5
Gross - 5 Anonymous. Well played Fulham
Trossard - 5
Welbeck - 5
Mitoma - 5
Lamptey - 5 (where's he gone?)
Undav - 4

Jimmy Grimble

It all feels about right, but if we hadn’t gone missing for a few seconds leading to both goals, the very poor ratings across the board would be much higher. Fulham didn’t take us apart or give us an exhibition in football for 99 minutes by any means.

It is worth reflecting on this. We were poor, but the first goal is fairly lucky - the guy is definitely trying to shoot but somehow puts it on a plate for Mitrovic. The second goal Pervis has had a bit of a mare and we got punished as happens at this level, but Fulham weren’t exactly creating chance after chance.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Sanchez - 4 - a miracle he didn’t cost us a goal tonight. Potter needs to get into him because he is a dodgy goal waiting to happen.
Pervis - 3 - miles off the pace of prem football judging on last two games and at fault for both goals. Consolation is Enoch was very similar at the start of his prem journey. Most worrying was the jogging back when Fulham were breaking. Will need to learn to graft MUCH harder.
Dunk - 3 - embarrassed by Mitrovic again
Webster - 3 - actually worse than Dunk.
Veltman - 5 - can’t think of too much wrong but not much that great.
Caceido - 5 - worst game in a Brighton shirt
Enoch - 4 - invisible
Mac - 7 - grafted and scored
Gross - 4 - gave the ball away constantly
Solly - 5 - toiled with zero end product
Leo - 4 - did nothing

Welbeck - 5 - huffed
Lamptey - 4 - can’t believe how many time he took a touch too many
Mitoma - 4 - tried but no end product
Undav - NA as don’t think I saw him touch the ball.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is worth reflecting on this. We were poor, but the first goal is fairly lucky - the guy is definitely trying to shoot but somehow puts it on a plate for Mitrovic. The second goal Pervis has had a bit of a mare and we got punished as happens at this level, but Fulham weren’t exactly creating chance after chance.

On the internet tonight hacks are really going big on clever and composed Fulham. After the first part of the game when they tried and failed to blow us out of the water, it was fairly even, lots of giving the ball away from both sides. Mitrovic and a comatose Albion in two moments the difference.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I fear Pervis having a mare will be to common, got lucky v Leeds and didn't tonight, he's supposed to be fast as well but at least once he lost the ball and jogged back rather than bust a gut to get back. Maybe he's been bought in too soon in his Albion career

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yep - I'd say Fulham did a job on us rather than outplayed us. They won the tactical battle and deserved the win overall despite their goals coming from a bit of luck as.they stemmed from sloppy, punishable mistakes by us. Just one of those nights and lots to learn from for GP

Jimmy Grimble

I fear Pervis having a mare will be to common, got lucky v Leeds and didn't tonight, he's supposed to be fast as well but at least once he lost the ball and jogged back rather than bust a gut to get back. Maybe he's been bought in too soon in his Albion career

Unfortunately he’s made more mistakes in two games than Cucarella did in a season. Big shoes to fill.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fulham pressed us incredibly well, they were first to every second ball, we didn't get going until we were 2-0 down.
They fully deserved the win.

Sanchez - 4 - Get them howlers out of your system Bobby.
Veltman - 5 - Torrid time, but he did better than the othe r2 CBs
Dunk - 4- Mitrovic did him, no question.
Webster 4 - Some calamitous play and wasted balls into channels, that no one was running into. - Poor
Estupinan - 4 - welcome to the premier League. Going to need to toughen up and get used to the pace and ferocity of this league.
Caceido --5 Not at his best tonight. Good experience for him though, sure he will come back stronger
Macallister - 7 MotM the only player to come out of this with his early season reputation intact. A finr dogged performance, decent pen too.
Mwepu - 4 - Not at the races or on the same wavelength of any of the team.
March -6- did ok, but needed to step up more, with the rest of the team misfiring.
Groß - 6 - as above, did Ok without being able to add some much needed quality.
Trossard -4 - One of those nights where the other Leo turned up.

Welbeck - 6- Proved how much we need him when he came on
Lamptey - 6.5. - Looked decent tonight, pushing for a starting place
Undav - 5.5. I assume he was miles offside when he hit the post- didn't add much.
Mitoma - 6 - added something different, - I like him - will have a big game soon.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lamptey and mitouma our best players. Changed the game a little when they came on, three men on lamptey constantly. Has to start next game.

Macillister good in the second half too.

Webster, mwepu and dunk by far our worst 3 players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here