Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings-Notts Forest (H)

Dec 29, 2011
I've just watched the highlights on Player and Hoskins is shockingly wasteful. Nothing to do with the fact that his family live in Nottingham, I suppose? Just like CMS will never score against Peterborough.

Hoskins came through the Notts County school of excellence when he was a youngster. I'm sure there's nothing he'd like more than to score against Forest.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hoskins came through the Notts County school of excellence when he was a youngster. I'm sure there's nothing he'd like more than to score against Forest.

That doesn't make his family supporters, does it? They still live there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is kushak a better kicker than Kuips?

I think the millwall game will be a very difficult one and could see us getting tonked

Dec 29, 2011
That doesn't make his family supporters, does it? They still live there.

Your line of thought. His family come from Notts --> They must support Forest --> He would miss easy chances to please his family :facepalm:.
The more likely explanation could be he felt pressure to perform against his home town which caused him to fluff some easy chances.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your line of thought. His family come from Notts --> They must support Forest --> He would miss easy chances to please his family :facepalm:.
The more likely explanation could be he felt pressure to perform against his home town which caused him to fluff some easy chances.

Similar theory - same result.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
A decent point and most players deserved 6 or7 in my opinion ... CMS ran his nuts off as usual, Hoskins missed a few but was at least in the box on the end of things. Our defence was solid except for 1 flick from Billy Sharp that clipped the bar and midfield did ok but never actually ran at the Forest defence after Buckley was assaulted by first Harding and then Halford. The close passing and several long attempts across the park to Buckley inside the fullback were too easily cut out. We played well but overall Forest did a job on us and the Ref was crap. I did think maybe the Ref hadn't had his cards laminated so didn't want to get them wet :) Buckley should've scored near the end. Bring on tomorrow night !

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
If one had gone in for Hoskins on Saturday people would have been waxing lyrical about his performance.

He had a bad day finishing wise, and if that continues that I would agree that he is not the answer to our problems. But I still think he may be. A lot fell to him so positionally I think he understands how the team play. Additionally I was very impressed with his all round game and link up play.

A quick look on Youtube and you'll see the 20+ he scored for Brizzle were not plundered goals. Many were neat finishes. So he can do it.

Give him another chance tomorrow and see what happens. Personally I like having him in the team.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
If one had gone in for Hoskins on Saturday people would have been waxing lyrical about his performance. - Unlikely

He had a bad day finishing wise - Sorry when has he had a good day?

A quick look on Youtube and you'll see the 20+ he scored for Brizzle - It’s not what he had done before that counts, it’s what he does, or is doing or can do now that counts, but you are right let’s keep playing him because of his past...
- Back in the shop window tomorrow evening.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
is kushak a better kicker than Kuips?

I think the millwall game will be a very difficult one and could see us getting tonked

I can see Kuszczak's reputation at the Albion ending up exactly the same a Kuipers: Generally ignoring the fact that he stops goals by focusing on the fact his distribution isn't as good as it should be...

(Even though Kuipers distribution improved massively once he started being properly coached)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can see Kuszczak's reputation at the Albion ending up exactly the same a Kuipers: Generally ignoring the fact that he stops goals by focusing on the fact his distribution isn't as good as it should be...

(Even though Kuipers distribution improved massively once he started being properly coached)

Not at all, I think he is a cracking keeper and one of the best we have had, however his kicking is very poor. I wonder if this is why he didn't really make it at premier level.

Kuips was also a great shop stopper.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Match Ratings

Crofts 7.45
Buckley 7.14
Bridcutt 7.05
El Abd 6.95
Bridge 6.69
Calderon 6.64
Kuszczak 6.64
Greer 6.55
David Lopez 6.26
Mackail-Smith 6.00
Hoskins 5.76

Subs
Barnes 6.07 (17mins)
Lualua 6.07 (25mins)
Hammond 6.00 (10mins - one vote, via "6 for all of them")

Team Average - 6.52

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here