Kuszczak 7 Nor much to do well but did it well
Bridge 7
El Abd 7
Greer 7
Calderon 7 All defenders pretty solid
Bridcutt 7
Crofts 7.5 His best game for us
Lopez 6 Good first half anonymous second
Buckley 7 Had Harding, Reid and Halford in his pocket. Both Reid and Halford could have easily been sent off
Hoskins 6 Thats 8 for overall play, 4 for finishing
CMS 6 Tireless but we didn't seem to find him in the box

Lua Lua Lively
Barnes Pretty good
Hammond Not on long enough.

Overall a good performance marred by sunday league finishing again

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas - 6- not much to do
Calde - 7- linked up well with Buckley
El Abd -7- dealt with blackstock well who was quite physical
Greer -7- a lot better than against palace
Bridge -6- got forward well
Bridcutt -7- dictated the game well
Lopez -6- not sure what he does
Crofts -8- End to end performance
Buckley -8- MOTM. Terrorised forest left backs
Hoskins -4- had his chance(s) wasted it. Don't know what NSC would be like if it was Barnes
CMS -6- went missing in second half. Couldn't hold up ball and give us outlet

Subs n/a

We missed Orlandi

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak-7
Calderon-8.5
Greer-2
El-Abd-8
Bridge-7
Bridcutt-7
Crofts-7
Lopez-7
Buckley-7
Hoskins-1
CMS-7

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hoskins -4- had his chance(s) wasted it. Don't know what NSC would be like if it was Barnes

Rabidly frothing at the mouth and hunting down his family with pitchforks and burning effigies probably. I gather Mr Burns is already waiting in a dark room, bathed in the eerie glow of his computer with fingers poised above his keyboard waiting for Barnes' next misplaced pass or shot...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak - 6
Calderon - 6
Greer - 6
El-Abd - 7
Bridge - 7
Bridcutt - 7
Crofts - 7
Lopez - 6
Buckley - 8
Hoskins - 6
CMS - 6

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can't be bothered to rate but Calde was my man of the match, he was terrific all over the park. Crofts did well in the first half, his best game since returning. Hoskins missed some great chances. Bridcutt looked class as usual and I would have expected Buckley to bury the chance at the end.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very good first half. We should have scored a couple. Rubbish 2nd half.

Kuszczak 7. Great between the sticks (and that after all is a goalie's main job), but really needs to work on his distribution. Far too slow releasing the ball and when he does too often wasted.
Calderon 7. Played well. A real attacking threat in the 1st half.
Greer 7. Didn't do a lot wrong today.
ElAbd 7. Good game.
Bridge 7. Would have liked to have seen him joining the attack more often.
Bridcutt 8. MOM. Another very good game.
Crofts 7. An 8 for his 1st half display when he was everywhere. Disappointing 2nd half.
David 6. Really poor set pieces. Really really poor. Apart from that did OK, but no better.
Buckley 8. 9 for his 1st half display when he tormented the hell out of everyone. 7 for the second half when he faded. Why oh why when he had immediately given Harding's replacement the run-around did we then decide to ignore him for much of the rest of the game? Stupid. Stupid.
Hoskins 7. I like him and he did some good stuff out there yesterday, but he does need to scpre.
CMS 6. Not at his best.

Subs:
Lua Lua 5. Why bring him on and then not give him the ball?
Barnes 5. OK
Hammond not on long enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak – 7 – Gus was screaming at him on a number of occasions to release the ball quicker
Calderon - 6
Greer - 6
El-abd - 7
Bridge - 7
Bridcutt - 7
Crofts – 8 – Best game since he has been back, midfield looked better without Hammond starting
Lopez -6
Buckley - 7
Hoskins – 4
CMS – 6 – needs a partner up front and it’s not Hoskins.

Surprised it was the highest attendance at the Amex today, when there appeared to be a quite a few empty seats.

Reading this I wondered which game you went to see as CMS and Hoskins linked up very well and I am convinced will form a formidable partnership given time, which I hope they are given. Isn't this the pairing that Gus wanted when he let Murray go.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak-7
Calderon-8.5
Greer-2
El-Abd-8
Bridge-7
Bridcutt-7
Crofts-7
Lopez-7
Buckley-7
Hoskins-1
CMS-7

What a strange marking for Greer. He made Championship Team of the Day in the Sunday Mirror. The prejudices some people have on this site.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Adam el Abd was my man of the mstch partly for entertaining us in the way he wound up the opposition but mostly for the sheer physicality - he really put his body on the line. Not taking away from Crofts though. Good to see him recognised as too often his hard work gets overlooked. Greer had his best game for a long time and Calde was immense for a squad player coming in to the side. If Hoskins can get a goal he could become a real success. He was fantastic chasing back if less so in front of goal but how good to see two strikers (almost) within touching distance of each other.
I thought Lopez looked excellent until he ran out of steam. Has a quicker eye for a pass than Hammond and more likely to move it forward. His set pieces would have been good if we had a big striker. We dont so they werent. CMS ran as ever but offered no threat

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Interested to see the marks for Hoskins. If Barnes had missed the easy chances that Hoskins did there would be about 5 pages of volunteers to form a firing squad!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I thought Hoskins looked sharp with his play and passing and got into good positions ,and for me was up there with Buckley and Crofts as the best players . I hope he gets a decent run and i think once he gets his first goal will start to produce on a regular basis.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Interested to see the marks for Hoskins. If Barnes had missed the easy chances that Hoskins did there would be about 5 pages of volunteers to form a firing squad!

Quite agree. I do find it rather funny that Hoskins is getting praise for the very same type of contribution to a game that Barnes gets slated for match after match.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Quite agree. I do find it rather funny that Hoskins is getting praise for the very same type of contribution to a game that Barnes gets slated for match after match.

I think Hoskins links up and is all round sharper than Barnes.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think Hoskins links up and is all round sharper than Barnes.

I agree. He did link up well. But Barnes rarely gets such high scores for doing the same AND missing such glaring chances in front of goal. That scissor-kick attempt looks even worse on the replay.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My starting XI tomorrow if everyone is fit:-

Kuszczak
Calderon Greer El Abd Bridge
Bruno Bridcutt Crofts
Hoskins CMS Buckley

subs:Brezovan Dunk Lopez Hammond LuaLua Barnes Harley

I would love to see Bruno in midfield to drive us forward but failing that I think Lopez is a better option than Hammond. We will need a bit of pace to stop Trotter breaking through from midfield

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've just watched the highlights on Player and Hoskins is shockingly wasteful. Nothing to do with the fact that his family live in Nottingham, I suppose? Just like CMS will never score against Peterborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here