Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Crystal Palace - Brighton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So Maupay stops a goal and backpasses to the Palace keeper but because he runs about a bit gets 6s and 7s.

Ridiculous.

That’s NSC. Striker fails to do his job, also certainly not a quality CF performance playing in team-mates for chance after chance.

I was once told that 6 should be the bare minimum rating!!!! On other words, 0 to 5 are not permissable.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ryan 5 Should have done better with their goal

Montoya 5
Dunk 5 Poor defending v Cahill and at fault for their goal
Webster 6
Burn 6

Propper 5 Gave the ball away far too often
Bissouma 6
Mooy 5 Hot and cold. Some geat passes but some horrendous ones too

March 5 Ok but missed far too many chances
Maupay 6 Ok but missed far too many chances
Trossard 4 Missing for large parts of the game. When he is involved looks good but too easily knocked off the ball.

---------
Murray 5 Spent more time on the left wing than where he should be.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Harsh ratings all round. I thought we played well, limited them to very few chances but didn’t get the run of the green or take any of our better chances. On another day we might have won comfortably on that display.

Definitely rose glasses.
We were awful in final third and what chances we did have were not missed due to bad luck but rank bad finishing.
March could have won the game if he just had shot away from their keeper. Maupay much the same.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Definitely rose glasses.
We were awful in final third and what chances we did have were not missed due to bad luck but rank bad finishing.
March could have won the game if he just had shot away from their keeper. Maupay much the same.

The Dunk header was terrible luck

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So Maupay stops a goal and backpasses to the Palace keeper but because he runs about a bit gets 6s and 7s.

Ridiculous.

Thought he worked hard and got into good positions, but his finishing was poor.

How would you have rated someone like Locadia or Leon Best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Ryan 6

Montoya 6
Dunk 7
Webster 7
Burn 5

Propper 7
Bissouma 7
Mooy 6

March 4
Maupay 4
Trossard 5

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Ryan - 6. Okay but might have done better with the goal.

Maupay - 6. Defensively solid but offers nothing going forward.

Dunk - 8. Composed on the ball. Won tackles. Unlucky not to score.
Our best player.

Webster - 7. Good game. Won most things in the air and looked composed.

Burn - 6.5. Generally good but still feel that fullback is not his best position.

Bissouma - 7. Pick of the midfield, showed energy and willingness to run with the ball.

Mooy - 5. How he was given MOM I will never know. Slow, regularly caught in possession. Looks a shadow of the player from earlier in the season.

Propper - 5.5. Usual mixed bag but gave away possession repeatedly in first half. Unable to create anything.

Trossard - 6. Wins a point more for the inch perfect cross to March, but otherwise hardly involved and shirked at least one 50:50 ball. Disappeared when we went 1-0 down.

March - 6. Missed a sitter, hit a game shot straight at the keeper - where is the goal threat he used to offer?

Maupay - 6. Full marks for effort. Seems to have a striker’s instinct (goal at Sheffield showed this), but he needs more composure.

——————-

Potter 5. I’m generally a fan, but I thought he got his line up wrong today. Not playing Stevens in a game of this magnitude was ‘brave’ but wrong. Then he replaced Montoya off with no obvious strategy for how we would make ZAha in his absence.

Thought Macallister would have been on. The bench as a wild card to play life needed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan - 6. Okay but might have done better with the goal.

Maupay - 6. Defensively solid but offers nothing going forward.

Dunk - 8. Composed on the ball. Won tackles. Unlucky not to score.
Our best player.

Webster - 7. Good game. Won most things in the air and looked composed.

Burn - 6.5. Generally good but still feel that fullback is not his best position.

Bissouma - 7. Pick of the midfield, showed energy and willingness to run with the ball.

Mooy - 5. How he was given MOM I will never know. Slow, regularly caught in possession. Looks a shadow of the player from earlier in the season.

Propper - 5.5. Usual mixed bag but gave away possession repeatedly in first half. Unable to create anything.

Trossard - 6. Wins a point more for the inch perfect cross to March, but otherwise hardly involved and shirked at least one 50:50 ball. Disappeared when we went 1-0 down.

March - 6. Missed a sitter, hit a game shot straight at the keeper - where is the goal threat he used to offer?

Maupay - 6. Full marks for effort. Seems to have a striker’s instinct (goal at Sheffield showed this), but he needs more composure.

——————-

Potter 5. I’m generally a fan, but I thought he got his line up wrong today. Not playing Stevens in a game of this magnitude was ‘brave’ but wrong. Then he replaced Montoya off with no obvious strategy for how we would make ZAha in his absence.

Thought Macallister would have been on. The bench as a wild card to play life needed.

You’re thinking of another player surely, in regards to March

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whoscored:

Ryan 6.3

Burn 7.3
Dunk 7.1
Webster 7.8
Montoya 6.5

March 6.4
Bissouma 7.2
Pröpper 6.9
Trossard 6.2
Mooy 7.4

Maupay 6.8

Sofascore:

Ryan 6.6

Burn 7.4
Dunk 7.1
Webster 7.5
Montoya 6.8

March 6.3
Bissouma 7.1
Trossard 6.8
Pröpper 7.3
Mooy 7.8

Maupay 6.9

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whoscored:

Ryan 6.3

Burn 7.3
Dunk 7.1
Webster 7.8
Montoya 6.5

March 6.4
Bissouma 7.2
Pröpper 6.9
Trossard 6.2
Mooy 7.4

Maupay 6.8

Sofascore:

Ryan 6.6

Burn 7.4
Dunk 7.1
Webster 7.5
Montoya 6.8

March 6.3
Bissouma 7.1
Trossard 6.8
Pröpper 7.3
Mooy 7.8

Maupay 6.9

Funny that the stats guys rate Webster top and second, whereas most on NSC can't contain themselves to mark him down.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan 5 - first half came for a ball that Benteke was chasing down changed his mind and went backwards lucky to get away with it just one of a few errors today.

Montoya 7 - I thought he looked really good today and was my MOM kept Zaha out of the game with Sollys assistance.
Dunk 6 - should have scored (I had money on him) and would have but for a fine save by Maupay!
Webster 6 - looked fairly comfortable
Burn 6 - worked hard for the team for such a big lad he's got a good first touch shame his crossing is not as good

Propper 5 - neat and tidy but you know nothing to shout about
Bissouma 5 - blows hot and cold some great passes mazey runs then next minute passes the ball directly out of play!
Mooy 5 - great for corners and free kicks but that's not enough for me

March 6 - All came unraveled once he went off, when he was subbed I am sure Zahas head went up
Maupay 6 - worst miss of the day and best save of the day both unfortunate he hit the shot to well if he had scuffed it I am sure he would have scored
Trossard 5 - couple of really good balls but like Mooy it's not enough he's light weight and cannot not tackle

Subs;
Murray 5 - to little to late
Jahanbakhsh 5 - should have come on earlier and taken Trossard off and moved March over to the left with a good 30 minutes to play as Ali's crosses were really high quality and given time maybe would have paid off
Alzate 5 - to little to late

Potter got it wrong with the selection of team and use of subs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ryan 6. Normal game, didn't duck to concede a shot over 4' off the deck at any time

Montoya 4 - I thought he looked really average today and more than a few poor touches, the fact Propper went RB and then he got subbed says a lot. It's a weak spot in the team.
Dunk 6 -
Webster 6 -
Burn 6 - would rather see Bernardo get a run

Propper 7 - always seems to be given the ball when we're in the shit. No outlet for him going forward as everyone was so static
Bissouma 4 - on and off like a switch, needs to be quicker in the head (as do most of our players)
Mooy 5 - good physical presence but when it comes to deliveries, nowhere near as good as Gross

March 5 - no end product, we knew that. Appalling miss, no crosses, weak shots.
Maupay 6 - if,points were awarded for hard passes to thenoppositions keeper!
Trossard 5 - couple of really good balls but like Mooy it's not enough he's light weight and cannot not tackle

Subs;
Murray 3, what was the point?
Jahanbakhsh 7 a should have started
Alzate 6, to little to late but showed some desire

Potter 1. got it wrong with the selection of team and use of subs.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Thought he worked hard and got into good positions, but his finishing was poor.

How would you have rated someone like Locadia or Leon Best?

I like Maupay, he is a definite upgrade on DJ Strollabaout and Leon Worst but by god he was hopeless in the 2nd half today. Clean through on goal twice. First time, I grew a beard waiting for him to get a shot off, second time he makes a backpass. On another occasion he shoots - badly - from distance instead of putting Trossard through and to cap it off he stops a goal. The one player who is supposed to score actually stops one.

It was the office worker equivalent of forgetting your password, spilling coffee on the photo copier and abusing your boss all on the same day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I like Maupay, he is a definite upgrade on DJ Strollabaout and Leon Worst but by god he was hopeless in the 2nd half today. Clean through on goal twice. First time, I grew a beard waiting for him to get a shot off, second time he makes a backpass. On another occasion he shoots - badly - from distance instead of putting Trossard through and to cap it off he stops a goal. The one player who is supposed to score actually stops one.

It was the office worker equivalent of forgetting your password, spilling coffee on the photo copier and abusing your boss all on the same day.

Great post....... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji2]
All true and excellent comparison. I still think he warrants a 6 for getting into the position.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 6

Montoya 4
Webster 4
Dunk 7 - imperious,, saving his team-mates countless times with interceptions.
Burn 4

Propper 5 - a typical defensive midfield error from him, gifted them the winner
Bissouma 6.5
Mooy 2 - shocker. Too many touches, indecisive, killed our attacks, looked tiny against proper athletes.
March 6 - tenacious, helped drive us forward, a shame goals aren’t in his PL locker.
Trossard 2 - did he play? Weak, lost every 50:50

Maupay 4 - poor passing, he only had to bury a dead centre sitter.

Murray 5
Other subs - it seemed a bit to late to impress, as CP time wasted the clock down.

Potter 2. Almost hilariously didn’t play Stephens, Bernardo, and Alzate, he played Montoya, and took off March when Mooy/Trossard had stunk the stadium out.

I think Burn was worth more than 4 just for his effort. Would be a 6 for me. Whether he should start over Bernado is a separate question.

What I really don't get is how little Dunk is doing in terms of a getting the ball forward quickly and all bringing it forward by himself. I think he is our best player by a country mile and yet he could be doing more as he has the capability.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 6 Havent watched goal agan
Burn 5 Just dont understand why we have a centre back at full back.
Dunk 6 Fortunate when twice gave Benteke and also Cahill chances .Dont understand side way passes when 5yds space in front to run into
Webster 6 As above
Montoya 7 As in last game played Zaha out of game. Could understand a fullback going off but why not Burn and leave him to mark Zaha.
Bissouma 6 Good to watch just needs to stop mistakes. At least makes forward runs so why take off.
Propper. 5 Just too many mistakes
Mooy 6 Many good things but another making too many mistakes
Trossard 6 Didnt get into game enough but his pass to March should have won the game.
Maupay 5 Judging by his miss and other poor options in box
March 5 Sorry no pro player should ever miss target from there. Just as bad was when he was away after beating 2 players then passed to defender.

Agree Palace looked poor but they still broke faster then us. Nothing wrong with passing from back but by the time our defenders have passed 4/5 times opposition have had time to get everyone behind ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here