Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings- Bristol City (H)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 6.5 - Distribution seemed inconsistent. Eshewed the wide ball, because it kept going out of play leading to lots of punts into the middle. Beaten twice, saved by greer and crossbar
Painter 6.5 - dragged inside too often, leaving space out wide. Attacked a bit more than I remember him doing on Saturday.
Dunk 7
Greer 7 - Good goal line clearance, some straighter passes to Dunk
Bruno 7
Bridcutt 8.5 - man of the match for me
Hammond 7.5 - Thought he wanted to be more involved today than was on saturday
Buckley 6.5 - seemed tired, his crosses were poor
Orlandi 8
Dobbie 6.5 - Quiet. Was him not playing a role at th back responsible for Painter being pulled out of position?
Hoskins 7 - When closing the keeper down felt like he was doing it because it was his job, not because he sensed anything could come from it.

CMS 7 - couple of great touches, but after a poor touch took him wide instead of in on goal, his touch went back to normal. More intent when closing down the keeper
Calderon - not on long enoug
Crofts 6.5 - some good attacking interplay, but not much time to have a huge influence.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Koosh's kicking poor last night? REALLY?

a few examples, please because he really didnt have any issues last night, his vision to put CMS through one on one almost led to a goal.

he also played a great 30 yard ball along the ground out to buckley in the first half, which lead to a chance.

where are all these occasions of his kicking being so poor?

At least a couple of 2nd half kicks straight to the opposition plus a couple into touch.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
These are player ratings. Do you think anyone played that badly last night? No-one played badly but we didn't play as well as a team. Saturday, a better team performance but one or two players had personal stinkers.

This is a very good point. Maybe not playing as well as a team was as a result of having to adjust to Hoskins and Dobbie in place of CMS and Barnes. Still think it was exactly the right move by Gus to play them from the start. He needs to know what they can do in that situation.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Kuszczak - 7
Bruno - 7
Greer - 7
Dunk - 7
Painter - 6
Bridcutt - 8
Hammond - 7
Orlandi - 8
Buckley - 7
Hoskins - 7
Dobbie - 5

CMS - 7
Crofts - 6
Calderon - not on long enough

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
At least a couple of 2nd half kicks straight to the opposition plus a couple into touch.

How can he help the ball going to the other team? he can only put it in the right areas, which I feel he did. if we dont win the first or second ball then thats the teams fault not solely his.

he kicked one out for a throwing, but one a game doesnt make him a poor kicker of the ball.

I just think, people are being overly critical of his kicking, when he offers so much more than just kicking, i.e Ankergran.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kuszczak-7-Good handling, seemed to lack to many options when in possesion
Bruno-7-Looked a little unfit to me and didn't shows his usual class with the ball.
Greer-7.5-Good game, great block saved a goal
Dunk-7.5-Put in some good challenges, looked calm and assured, back to his best
Painter-6- Steady, although a little too confident with the ball in his own penalty area.
Bridcutt-6 - Disappointing, as poor a game as he has had in a while, without him firing passing was poor all night. He is vital to our style of play.
Hammond-8 Best game of this spell with us.
Orlandi-8-Most creative player especially during 1st half, faded a bit 2nd half
Buckley-7-No real service and not supported as well as usual by Bruno
Hoskins - 7 - Good movement but feeding off scraps
Dobbie- 6 - Started well, but final ball lacking.

CMS - 7.5 - Improved our play when he came on. Some nice touches.

Crofts-6-Barely involved, seems very out of sorts

Calderon-N/A

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Koosh's kicking poor last night? REALLY?

a few examples, please because he really didnt have any issues last night, his vision to put CMS through one on one almost led to a goal.

he also played a great 30 yard ball along the ground out to buckley in the first half, which lead to a chance.

where are all these occasions of his kicking being so poor?

What game were you watching last night?

I recall four occasions when he kicked the ball straight into touch with absolutely no pressure being put on him

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Bridcutt for me gets better and better, he actually ran with the ball a few times and took on a few players. If we didn't want to lose one player through injury, suspension or a bigger team coming in then it's him. He is absolutely crucial to the way that we play.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Bridcutt for me gets better and better, he actually ran with the ball a few times and took on a few players. If we didn't want to lose one player through injury, suspension or a bigger team coming in then it's him. He is absolutely crucial to the way that we play.

Completely agree! Orlandi was good last night, but Bridcutt got through loads of quality work last night, like he does in most games. I wasn't a great fan of his, but as time has gone on, I think he makes the team tick and we defintely missed him last season when he got suspended. This year his game has matured, and he's not getting booked for silly fouls like he did last season. In fact, instead of him trying to stop the opposisition players by foul means, it was the Bristol players all over him, trying to stop him at every chance they had!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How can he help the ball going to the other team? he can only put it in the right areas, which I feel he did. if we dont win the first or second ball then thats the teams fault not solely his.

he kicked one out for a throwing, but one a game doesnt make him a poor kicker of the ball.

I just think, people are being overly critical of his kicking, when he offers so much more than just kicking, i.e Ankergran.

To be honest (because someone pointed it out early in the match and I didn't believe them), I counted how many kicks he took that went out of play: It was 8 (including goalkicks and general long passes to Painter and Bruno).

However, I agree he adds much more as a 'keeper that ever so slightly wayward kicking. As I said on the Henderson / Kuipers debates of yesteryear: I will always prefer a 'keeper who keeps the ball out of the net but who's distribution can be wayward, than a 'keeper who has good feet but is a liability with regards to saving shots and parrying into dangerous areas.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Completely agree! Orlandi was good last night, but Bridcutt got through loads of quality work last night, like he does in most games. I wasn't a great fan of his, but as time has gone on, I think he makes the team tick and we defintely missed him last season when he got suspended. This year his game has matured, and he's not getting booked for silly fouls like he did last season. In fact, instead of him trying to stop the opposisition players by foul means, it was the Bristol players all over him, trying to stop him at every chance they had!!

I noticed that. They were obviously trying to snuff him out. At one point when he received the ball he had four of them around him.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We must have been watching different games! Can think of one occasion (when we were on the break and he was trying to play a ball to Buckley but took a heavy touch) where Bridcutt gave the ball away. Thought he was absolutely superb tonight.

yes its funny how we all see it,imin west upper,i think i have a great view,i love bridders,but imo he wasnt at his best

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
What game were you watching last night?

I recall four occasions when he kicked the ball straight into touch with absolutely no pressure being put on him

this,not his usual high standards

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak-7
Bruno-7
Greer-5
Dunk-7
Painter-7
Bridcutt-9
Hammond-8
Orlandi-9
Buckley-7
Hoskins - 6
Dobbie-7

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Bridcutt was man of the match by a mile last night. I'd go 6 the whole team except Bridders 8 and Dunk/Greer 7.5 each plus Hammond had another good game 7

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Bridcutt was man of the match by a mile last night. I'd go 6 the whole team except Bridders 8 and Dunk/Greer 7.5 each plus Hammond had another good game 7
I would just about go this this. In what was such a dull second half I can't see how anyone would score over an 8.

Part of me feels sorry for Painter, I thought he did what was asked of him, we seem to want to compare him to Wayne Bridge but he isn't the same sort of player and lacks the ability to drive on with the ball. On several occassions he had the ball in space but had few options as Orlandi tended to play more on the inside than wide. For an understudy he has done a good job.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average match ratings

Bridcutt 8.07
Orlandi 7.70
Dunk 7.19
Bruno 7.17
Hammond 7.09
Greer 6.95
Kuszczak 6.70