Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings- Bristol City (H)

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
i wouldnt of given bridders a 8.5,he gave the ball away a lot more than usual with misplaced passes,still our best player at the club by a mile mind

We must have been watching different games! Can think of one occasion (when we were on the break and he was trying to play a ball to Buckley but took a heavy touch) where Bridcutt gave the ball away. Thought he was absolutely superb tonight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak - 7 Solid game but kicking was poor
Bruno -8 at his best tonight
Greer -7 superb goal line clearance
Dunk -7 covered well for Painter as well as his own position
Painter - 6 did his job as well as he could
Bridcutt - 8 was everywhere covering, tackling and causing problems
Hammond -7 great header and about time
Orlandi - 8 MOM for me, free kicks were great like Wattos used to be
Buckley -7 had a few good runs
Hoskins - 7 was trying to create shots
Dobbie - 6 seemed to be off the pace tonight

CMS -7 lots of effort as usual
Crofts -6
Calderon -N/A

JamieMcGinlay

Nov 28, 2012
I thought we played much better against Bolton than Bristol city and we still didn't get all 3 points that day. Good result though going into the game against Palace :albion2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Koosh 6
Painter 6
Dunk7
Greer 7
Bruno 7
Bridcut 8
Hammond 8
Buckley 8 mom
Orlandi 8
Dobbie 8
Hoskins 6

CMS 8
Calderon 6
Crofts 6

Buckley 8 mom? Very odd.

Thought he was worse than Saturday when he had a quite game.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas -6- his kicking was a bit off today
Bruno -7- linked up greatly on right with Buckley
Greer -8- superb tonight! Some great tackles and once clearence off the line
Dunk -7- good partnership with Dunk. Had to withstand a lot of pressure
Painter -7- gave us a great outlet on the left
Bridcutt -9- MOTM. Superb on the ball. Different class tonight
Hammond -8- His best game so far. End to end performance
Orlandi -8- has great vision for the pass
Buckley -8- was excellent once again tonight. Times runs to perfection
Hoskins -7- did well. Took too many touches on his chance. If match fit would have finished it
Dobbie -7- has great feet and vision

Cms - 7- two great touches tonight

Calde - n/a
Crofts n/a

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Kuszczak- 6- distribution was very suspect at times

Painter -6- Didn't do to much wrong but his lack of pace concerns me

Greer -7- goal line clearance gets him a seven

Dunk -8- looked very assured as always

Bruno -7- not his outstanding self tonight but still solid

Bridcutt -8- my man of the match. A class act. Only fault was not releasing Buckers who was in acres of space in the second half

Hammond -7- done ok. Settled the nerves with an early goal

Dobbie -6- went missing for large parts of the game. Unfortunately being played out of position

Buckley -6- looked lively early doors but had a quiet second half

Orlandi -7- very creative as always. Should have scored second half though

Hoskins -6- wasn't given too much to feed off really

Subs

CMS - 6- some nice touches. Not enough time to make too much of an impact

Crofts - 5 - don't recall him doing too much when he came on

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Buckley 8 mom? Very odd.

Thought he was worse than Saturday when he had a quite game.

To be fair I don't think anyone stood out by miles hence giving a few players 8, but Buckly in that 1st half time and time again ran in behind the full back and caused problems. Shame his final ball wasn't better though

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Kuszczak - 6 Not a lot to do
Bruno - 7 Not a bad game
Greer - 7 Solid
Dunk - 6 Ok
Painter - 6 Ok
Bridcutt - 7 good in the tackle, good on the ball
Hammond - 6 Goal, an ok performance
Orlandi - 8 Most of our attacking through him
Buckley - 7 An ok game for him!
Hoskins - 6 Ok
Dobbie - 6 Ok

CMS - 7 Looked good
Crofts - 5 didn't notice him
Calde - Not enough time

We were ok, nowhere near as good as Saturday but we won!! Bristol pressed us very well which didn't give us time on the ball which we found very difficult.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It was an OK performance against a physical but not particularly good Bristol City side. We got the job done with set-pieces and after that it was unlikely that we'd ever play the flairtastic football we saw at times on Saturday.

I was keen to see Dobbie and Hoskins given their chances and suspect there is better to come from both. But I guarantee that if Barnes had played like either of them, had be been picked last night, the boo-boys would have been merciless.

Orlandi is looking very classy, though he seems a bit reluctant to get involved in the more physical aspects of Championship football.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack 7
Bruno 7
Painter 7
Dunk 8
Greer 7
Bridcutt 7
Hammond 7
Orlandi 7
Buckley 6
Dobbie 6
Hoskins 6

Mackail-Smith 7
Crofts 6
Calderon -

Disappointed for Dobbie and Hoskins. They got no service. Having gone 2-0 up we played very negatively when I thought a 4-0 was there for the taking. But pleased with the win. We are ticking along nicely.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just a few thoughts
Pole in goal 6 - Good handling particularly from crosses, but terrible kicking
Bridcutt 8 - Another MOM performance, including covering well in defence
Hammond 7 - Probably his best game since returning and not just because of the goal
Orlandi 7 - Cultured left foot, but always seems to fade in the second half
CMS 7.5 - Looked really good when coming on and had some great touches

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Kuszsack-8 Looked solid, made some excellent catches, Some poor distribution

Bruno- 8 Looked creative, never given a problem by their attack.
Greer- 7.5 Cleared off the line, solid performance
Dunk- 8.5 Solid.
Painter-7.5 a snail going forward but some neat through passes, solid at the back

Bridcutt-9 my MOTM, solid performance

Hammond-7 Performances are getting better each game
Orlandi-7.5 Some brilliant passes, v.poor at finishing, gave the ball away a few times

Buckley-6.5 Been lackluster in the last 2 games, some good runs but delivery lacked

Dobbie-6 didnt get into the game and struggled
Hoskins-7.5 good performances considering its his first game back, should of scored

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak 6 Assured competent performance
Bruno 7 Best game since his injury
Greer 7 Good performance but not tested with ball in the air.
Dunk 7 Improved performance would have been higher with better distribution .
Painter 6 Reliable and did his job
Buckley 6 Couple of good runs early but generally quiet by his standard
Hammond 7 Controlled the midfeld with simple balls and passes.
Orlandi 7 Good performance and becoming more important in out play.
Bridcutt 8 MOM Mr Reliable apart from a a couple of misplaced passes.
Dobbie 7 Thinks the game and doesn't do he obvious and will become an important member of our squad.
Hoskins 7 Offered a different form a of attack and plays right on the shoulder of the last man.

subs;

CMS 6 Ran around a lot but didn't look likely to score
Crofts 5 Disappointed with his contribution again when e came on
Calderon 5 Not on long enough to form an opinion but long enough to show he is not comfortable at left back.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree with most of the ratings with the exception of Greer - for me he was once again the weak link. Cannot remember him winning a single header. He gets a 6 from me and a place on the transfer list. Before people suggest that he cleared 2 possible goal efforts, just remember that is his role as defender.

laughable, just made me giggle how wrong that statement is

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Really pleased that Gus took my advice and started Hoskins and Dobbie instead of CMS and Barnes.

I thought we played OK without being brilliant and a better team would have punished us. Too many misplaced passes and balls hit just too long, and we allowed City too much possession. On a more positive note there were a number of quite excellent moves which, with a rub of the green, would have resulted in more goals.

Kuzsczack 7. Confident between the sticks, but some of his kicking needs to improve.
Bruno 8. One of his best games. A constant attacking threat and good defensively.
Greer 6. Great goal-line clearance and otherwise looked OK. However he is clearly not as confident on the ball as we ideally need at this level.
Dunk 7. Good game overall, but his distribution was sometimes off.
Painter 7. Played well, both going forward and defending, but I am worried about his ability to defend against a pacy winger.
Bridcutt 9. MOM. One misplaced pass, otherwise all over the place doing his usual great job.
Hammond 7. Nice goal and one of his best games since his return.
Orlandi 8. Goal had a touch of luck about it, but some great free kicks and corners (we seem to finally be able to create chances from corners!) and overall a very good game.
Buckley 5. One of his poorest games for a while. Didn't seem to get much possession and his final ball was too often off the mark.
Dobbie 6. One or two lovely touches and some excellent ball control, but probably didn't impose himself on the game enough.
Hoskins 7. The lad did well. Would have liked to see him get a goal. Needs more starts.

Subs
CMS 8. Really looked up for it. Maybe a good idea to start him on the bench for a change.
Crofts 5. Really didn't do much.
Calderon. Not on long enough.

We are going to need to play much better to get anything on Saturday.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Koosh's kicking poor last night? REALLY?

a few examples, please because he really didnt have any issues last night, his vision to put CMS through one on one almost led to a goal.

he also played a great 30 yard ball along the ground out to buckley in the first half, which lead to a chance.

where are all these occasions of his kicking being so poor?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why were there too many balls hit long and over the top, why were there so many mis placed passes and why did City have so much possesion.... thats what everyone sems to be asking ?

This is what will happen if CMS does not play... teams know they can push up the pitch as we wont have the threat of CMS running in behind them, its easy to defend against.
Therefore they push up and midfield becomes an even tighter area to play in, hence our misplaced passes and having to go over the top as there simply wasnt a ball on into a congested midfled area.
And without CMS harrying a defence, any side in this league will keep the ball and possesion much more than we are used to seeing higher up the pitch than what we are used to seeing.
And if teams are allowed to keep the ball in those areas we will get beaten comfortably by a decent side. Thankfully B City had nothing up front.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Koosh's kicking poor last night? REALLY?

a few examples, please because he really didnt have any issues last night, his vision to put CMS through one on one almost led to a goal.

he also played a great 30 yard ball along the ground out to buckley in the first half, which lead to a chance.

where are all these occasions of his kicking being so poor?

He also hit one goal kick well over for a throw in with a poor goal kick and a long pass to our left wing in the 2nd half but I didn't think that his kicking was particularly poor, other than these isolated occasions.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Who do a lot of the marks look better than Saturday? We played much much better on Saturday than last night!?
These are player ratings. Do you think anyone played that badly last night? No-one played badly but we didn't play as well as a team. Saturday, a better team performance but one or two players had personal stinkers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kuszczak - 6
Bruno - 6
Greer - 6
Dunk - 5
Painter - 6
Bridcutt - 7
Hammond - 5