Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton vs Burnley

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Robert Sanchez 6 - nothing to do on the goals, not all that much to do otherwise
Tariq Lamptey 6 - did alright, some good actions and some less good ones
Joel Veltman 5 - no massive mistakes from him but struggled with Weghorst and Cornet
Shane Duffy 2 - unacceptable behaviour - I dont think the second goal happens without the fight between Duffy and Sanchez - and a poor, poor performance
Marc Cucurella 4 - late into lots of situations and gave away the ball constantly
Yves Bissouma 4 - got off to a bad start and never recovered from it
Adam Lallana 6 - was alright and involved in what little was created in first half
Jakub Moder 5 - not horrible but no energy today, looked a little hungover from the United game
Alexis Mac Allister 8 - best Brighton player on the pitch with a gigantic margin
Danny Welbeck 5 - little to work with but didnt seem to be friends with the ball today
Neal Maupay 6 - think he was alright, did some good playmaking in the final third

Subs
Solly March 7 - lively
Leandro Trossard 6 - nothing from him really
Evan Ferguson n/a - nothing to work with and came in just before the third goal that made the boys give up

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
mostly agree with those ratings Swansman but I don't think anyone can score higher than a 7

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Amazed you've scored anyone above a 5 TBH. And even that was pushing it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How many more sitters is Lallana going to miss? From 1-1 to 0-2 in a matter of minutes…

I wonder if an equaliser then would have totally changed the outcome ?

Wonder if Lallana will ever score for us?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Sanchez 6? Thought he wasn't good enough again today. The Duffy incident was unnecessary & shouldn't have been initiated by Duffy as a senior player, but for the second goal if Sanchez's positioning was correct imo he could have easily swept up/cleared the long ball up field which led to the 2nd goal.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Whoscored ratings
Sanchez 5.6

Cucurella 6.4
Veltman 6.3
Duffy 6.4
Lamptey 6.5

McAllister 6.5
Bissouma 5.8
Lallana 5.9
Moder 6.2

Welbeck 6.0
Maupay 5.7

March 6.2
Trossard 6.0
Ferguson 5.9 Although he was barely on long enough.

With all the blame being laid at Duffy, it seems neutrals blame Sanchez and our central midfield.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Robert Sanchez 6 - nothing to do on the goals, not all that much to do otherwise
Joel Veltman 5 - no massive mistakes from him but struggled with Weghorst and Cornet
Shane Duffy 2 - unacceptable behaviour - I dont think the second goal happens without the fight between Duffy and Sanchez - and a poor, poor performance
Marc Cucurella 4 - late into lots of situations and gave away the ball constantly
Adam Lallana 6 - was alright and involved in what little was created in first half
Jakub Moder 5 - not horrible but no energy today, looked a little hungover from the United game
Alexis Mac Allister 8 - best Brighton player on the pitch with a gigantic margin
Danny Welbeck 5 - little to work with but didnt seem to be friends with the ball today
Neal Maupay 6 - think he was alright, did some good playmaking in the final third

Subs
Solly March 7 - lively
Evan Ferguson n/a - nothing to work with and came in just before the third goal that made the boys give up

Mostly agree with this, especially Duffy who I wouldn’t be bothered if I saw in the stripes again after that. Made worse by the fact he was SHITE today too, VanDyke might get away with acting like that but not Duffy.
8 is a little generous for McAllister and 5 generous for Welbeck who I thought was the 2nd worst player on the pitch for us today.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Subs
Solly March 7 - lively

Spot on.

I have to say that I felt this was a game for one of our young CBs to be given a chance, instead of an ageing CB who was selected to seemingly prevent the false assertion that Burnely are a lump it in the box one trick pony... That went well. We needed maximum dynamism all over the pitch, but had a huge problem right at the heart of the team.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Whoscored ratings
Sanchez 5.6

Cucurella 6.4
Veltman 6.3
Duffy 6.4
Lamptey 6.5

McAllister 6.5
Bissouma 5.8
Lallana 5.9
Moder 6.2

Welbeck 6.0
Maupay 5.7

March 6.2
Trossard 6.0
Ferguson 5.9 Although he was barely on long enough.

With all the blame being laid at Duffy, it seems neutrals blame Sanchez and our central midfield.

Not sure if you are referring to the BBC site but they have Duffy as the second best player as well....

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 5
Lamptey 4
Cucurella 6
Duffy 4
Veltman 4
Bissouma 4
Moder 5
Lallana 5
MacAllister 7 MOTM
Maupay 5
Welbeck 5

March 6
Trossard 5
Ferguson 5

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Subs
Solly March 7 - lively

Wow.

I always thought you were clueless, but this is a dead giveaway.

Pretty sure Shane had double the touches of any other player first half and completely made our only shot on target up until the 80th minute by anticipating an error and driving forward onto it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
And call me old school but I like a keeper who will command his area and call for the ball.

No shout from Sanchez on the incident people are criticising Shane for.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Duffy’s an easy scapegoat. Nobody played well. Him & BIg Bob having a pop at each other? Doesn’t bother me at all. Least they give a sh!t

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Subs
Solly March 7 - lively

Spot on.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Subs
Solly March 7 - lively

Generally agree - maybe generous to Sanchez and Lamptey - but agree with Mac, he was the only positive

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
Duffy showed why he is superfluous to us today - Roberts would have been a better shout even if we had lost. He's nowhere near good enough at this level. Burnley just sat back and waited when he was on the ball. Webster would have been a different problem to deal with as he is actually a footballer

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So Duffys tonight’s NSC fall guy despite the fact he was no better or worse than anyone else on the pitch. They were all a 5 and nobody came away with any credit. The 8 given for macallister further up this thread is laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here