Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really are horribly arrogant. People who don't agree with you are blind or 'don't undertsand football'. If only we all had your encyclopedic knowledge of the game, eh?

FWIW there is no stipulation that the award should be about 'performances'. People are entitled to cast their vote based on any criteria they wish, whether that be natural ability, dedication, sheer effort, interaction with the fans, or anything else.

If people vote Claderon, it will because THEY feel he deserves it, as is their right. Just as it was when they voted for Andrew Whing on the basis of effort and little else, a few years back.

Arrogance coming from you is rich!!

On another point isnt the player of the season the one that people consider has been the best player or contributed most to the team during the season or be have I got it wrong it is the most popular player cos of his haircut or waves to the crowd the most. If it is the latter then I wouldnt bother to vote as it becomes a farce.

As regards encyclopedic knowledge of the game is concerned that should never ever be a concern of yours.

Was going to go for Teixeira but if Kayal has another good month I will vote for him. Having a classy midfielder at last who can at last put his foot on the ball and control play would make him player of the last two seasons for me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Arrogance coming from you is rich!!

On another point isnt the player of the season the one that people consider has been the best player or contributed most to the team during the season or be have I got it wrong it is the most popular player cos of his haircut or waves to the crowd the most. If it is the latter then I wouldnt bother to vote as it becomes a farce.

As regards encyclopedic knowledge of the game is concerned that should never ever be a concern of yours.

How about spending his free summer doing a triathlon to raise money for Chestnut Tree house? It's not a nice haircut or waving to the crowd, you old fool.
It's already been proven that he has added 4 points to our tally, because of his goals.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I always thought the POTS was based on performances not popularity in which case a lot on here must be blind, or not understand football.

Which precludes you from voting.

For what it's worth, while it's great to have a debate on who the Player of the Season might be, I do hate there being any kind of organised (or disorganised) campaign for any given player to receive it. At least if I vote Calde, it would be on the back of me considering all possibilities, rather than as a result of an emotional campaign. And it's an emotional campaign based on a possibility, not a certainty.

If voting was now, I would be voting for Lewis Dunk - principally because, in the first half of the season, he was the one player who stood up in a half-season of wretched turgidness. No-one else - including Calde - could be said to have done that. Since Hughton has arrived, Dunk form is more patchy, but is still doing well enough to be ahead, over the whole season, of all others.

Joe Bennett would probably be my second vote, for his quiet consistency, especially going forward. Struggling for a third placed player.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

For what it's worth, while it's great to have a debate on who the Player of the Season might be, I do hate there being any kind of organised (or disorganised) campaign for any given player to receive it. At least if I vote Calde, it would be on the back of me considering all possibilities, rather than as a result of an emotional campaign. And it's an emotional campaign based on a possibility, not a certainty.

If voting was now, I would be voting for Lewis Dunk - principally because, in the first half of the season, he was the one player who stood up in a half-season of wretched turgidness. No-one else - including Calde - could be said to have done that. Since Hughton has arrived, Dunk form is more patchy, but is still doing well enough to be ahead, over the whole season, of all others.

Joe Bennett would probably be my second vote, for his quiet consistency, especially going forward. Struggling for a third placed player.

Don't be coming on here with your coherent, reasonable and rationale statements! Begone!

This

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How about spending his free summer doing a triathlon to raise money for Chestnut Tree house? It's not a nice haircut or waving to the crowd, you old fool.
It's already been proven that he has added 4 points to our tally, because of his goals.

That comment about hair or waving to the crowd was a generalisation not specifically directed at any particular player Calderon CMS or anybody else.

Last edited:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
On reflection: Calde or CMS for me. :bigwave::whistle:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#VoteCalde

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
well this is a tough one!
shows how poor most of the season was
In the Sami days I think dunk was the only candidate
but since Chris I would go for tex

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You've got it spot on here. Third placed player would be a toss-up between Ince and Tex.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I always thought the POTS was based on performances not popularity in which case a lot on here must be blind, or not understand football.

Given the amount of tripe you post, I'm consistently happy to be in the opposite camp to you! Player of the Season isn't about defined criteria, if it was, why would you bother? Just get Opta to do it. It's completely subjective and don't you think popularity influences perception?

Barnes is an example, he would literally never win PotS here because so many fans didn't like him irrespective of contribution, however, someone like Calderon could because the symbolise what we love about the club. It's not that complex is it?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Been a poor season with few performances of any merit. Calde is worth a vote for just lifting the spirits. I thought he performed poorly as fullback but his recent move to midfield has been a major factor in our recent upturn in form. There is merit in voting for him.

If I was being more circumspect with my vote Dunk would get my top vote but he has really been poor recently (Derby at home aside).

my third vote would be between Ince, Tex, Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here