Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off Away Leg - Hillsboroough 13/5/16

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I travelled all the way up to 'Boro and left feeling a little deflated, for that reason I'm going to Sheffield on Friday. I want to get 'Boro out my system and I'm sure the players do too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm just loving everything about this season and want to enjoy as many minutes of it as I can so going to Sheffield with three others. Times like this don't come along that often, have to enjoy it whilst you can.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I approached the 'Boro trip half expecting to be making the trip on Friday so as not to feel too deflated. It has panned out as such, and after all the highs and lows thus far I am determined not to let things drop until everything is truly done and dusted one way or another.

I fully appreciate the financial and work time implications, but on no account should it be affected by mojo drops post Smogside.

Onwards and upwards.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
After seemingly weeks of 'Must Wins' , it is actually nice to be watching a 'Must Not Shag Up Too Badly' match.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Got me ticket, booked the coach. Just need to let the wife know at some point.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm just loving everything about this season and want to enjoy as many minutes of it as I can so going to Sheffield with three others. Times like this don't come along that often, have to enjoy it whilst you can.

Positive post of the week.

I can't go Friday, but am feeling bad about not supporting the team, especially if we don't sell out.

It's feels a huge ask for the whole club to pick itself up and go again - much more than I thought it would. For that reason, I know it's unlikely, but a red card rescind would be a massive lift. Either way, I hope it is decided today so we can move on and build some positivity for Friday.

Respect to those travelling once again.

PG

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
One things for sure we need a change of luck for our visit to Hillsborough on Friday evening.
We've never ever won away to S/W.
In fact since 1914 we've played them away 16 times & we've never won any of them. Match's with S/W often tend to end up in a 0-0 draw. Perhaps that score wouldn't be too bad for us this time around. We did beat them once away from home of course but that was at Highbury & that got us to Wembley. So fingers crossed. COME ON YOU SEAGULLS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I prevaricated on this one, especially as I'd been up to Boro, and felt fazed by the 3.15 start, 22.00 return, and lack of comfort from two six hour coach trips. That made me want to find an alternative way of travelling, and I don't fancy driving for a 3.00 or 4.00 return, and the trains are expensive, with overnight stay and assorted sundries thrown in.
And then I thought, sod it, it's just one game, and the team this season have given so much. They've illustrated so many things this season, but the one thing that stands out is the constellation of team spirit, team work, resolve, resilience and determination. And because I'm fortunate enough to have work flexibility at the moment, and can just about afford it, it would be a shame to miss the team demonstrating these qualities at first hand in such an important game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The playoff games are live on Sky, right? Just there's no record of it being shown anywhere on the sky sports app...???

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have a ticket for Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression tour at Albert Hall (great album) on Friday, which was a great present for my Birthday. I have already given up a UK Subs ticket for this event they are playing Sticky Mikes the same night. Its summer and you get these clashes - I am sure Sussex are playing 20 20 that night away as well.

I would defiantly go and I am very envious of all that can, its only Iggy thats stopping me, I think I will record it, go on a media black out and watch it back live when I get in.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Unfortunetly I cannot stand for long periods as a result I only saw about 20mins of the match at Boro on sat, so I am going to coward out on this one and watch it on tele with a couple of cans of Old speckled Hen for company

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Has anyone got any tips on route/parking? On the times ive been to Hillsborough ive done Train+tram but cant this time. I dont really want to have to go through the city centre as will be short for time as it is. Thanks in advance.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Has anyone got any tips on route/parking? On the times ive been to Hillsborough ive done Train+tram but cant this time. I dont really want to have to go through the city centre as will be short for time as it is. Thanks in advance.

If you want to avoid the city centre, keep on the M1 as far as J35/35a/36 - come off at any of those and drop down via Grenoside. Parking is a bit of an issue - there is the Wednesdayite Car Park on Penistone Road (opposite the Kop) but it can get busy and don't expect a speedy getaway. There's street parking but don't take your chance on pavements or grass verges as Sheffield City Council love an opportunity to take £35 off your hands and big crowds at S6 sends them into a ticket issuing frenzy.

If you need any more details of routes to the ground, shout up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here