Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic Albion Fans

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I get your point Ric, we all know the glory hunters who start talking about "we" after a night like that then go back to their prem teams.

It's also important to realise, as i'm sure you know only too well, the peer pressure to support a top 4 club but there's a fair few, probably most of us, who, once seen the Albion are hooked.

I won't embarress a couple of my nephews, well known NSC's who, in their younger days supported man utd & Liverpool, as kids, but are now strictly blue & white.

Great respect to you and other youngsters who stick with the Albion. nights like last night make it all worthwhile.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
get used to it, i went to blatch, probably the closest (bar hove park upper but that's half a school) school to the goldstone, and there were about 5 albion fans in my whole year - probably less than 30 regulars in the whole school. this was when we played at gillingham and everybody used to take the piss out of us.

and there was a manchester united shop on western road to contend with too.

Yep I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it. I went to Blatch and think that most of the lads in my class supported the Albion apart from Gav Geddes funnily enough who supported Chelsea at school !!

Anyway I think it went downhill after after that finally arriving at the point where your lucky to get 1 Brighton supporter in the class. :nono:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I knew loads of people that went that were not so called albion fans. The majority just seemed to enjoy the game and at no point make out they were suddenly albion fans.

However there were a few that turned up in Albion kits and were wearing albion kits in college today. And they never ever go to a league game, had an old albion shirt they bought years ago and are now suddenly lapping up the glory of a giant killing.

It is in a way annoying but oh well. It is games like these that will hopefully convert some of these glory hunters :ascarf::ascarf:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Bring 'em on!

How many times has the East Stand been full of impressionable kids and families, only for the the players to perform like DINS and pretty much render the excercise pointless.

Last night was what going to the football is all about. If that was my first time, I'd be desperate to go again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here