Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't think it is difficult to say. He knew himself that he had evil thoughts and always intended to commit mass murder.

He was sane enough to gain a position of trust within an airline over many years. That takes some doing if you really are a loose cannon.

I would even go so far as to say that this was his ultimate intention before he even booked his first glider lesson.

What if he'd started developing temporal lobe epilepsy whilst dealing with the stress of his job?

A type of epilepsy which many get confused with schizophrenia or depression. Often they might hear voices in their head telling them to do certain things that may scare them. It often effects them in their sleep too.

Like I've said, so many possible factors.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's partly to do with religion and law.

I'm talking about diagnosing mental health.

The law takes into account mental health. Some criminals are sent to mental hospitals by judges.
You are being deliberately obtuse comparing a suicide in public on tv, with the mass murder of 149 people including 16 schoolchildren and two babies.
I cannot feel empathy with the co pilot but I feel a lot of empathy for the bereaved families, who will have to try & come to terms with this dreadful situation.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The law takes into account mental health. Some criminals are sent to mental hospitals by judges.
You are being deliberately obtuse comparing a suicide in public on tv, with the mass murder of 149 people including 16 schoolchildren and two babies.
I cannot feel empathy with the co pilot but I feel a lot of empathy for the bereaved families, who will have to try & come to terms with this dreadful situation.

Thanks for that. What's your point?

I'm merely trying to show different examples where ill mental health can be miss-perceived for something else i.e Evil.

Don't forget, It's you who already knows the full story as to what was going through Lubitz mind.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm merely trying to show different examples where ill mental health can be miss-perceived for something else i.e Evil.

It's you who already knows the full story as to what was going through Lubitz mind.

Can I have that again in English?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What if he'd started developing temporal lobe epilepsy whilst dealing with the stress of his job?

A type of epilepsy which many get confused with schizophrenia or depression. Often they might hear voices in their head telling them to do certain things that may scare them. It often effects them in their sleep too.

Like I've said, so many possible factors.

Sign of the times, people trying to justify the unjustifiable. I really don't care what the reasons are, the guy killed 150 people and flew that plane with the intention of killing them. Cold blooded killer imo. Frankly unbelievable that you can sympathise with him or try to justify his actions.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sign of the times, people trying to justify the unjustifiable. I really don't care what the reasons are, the guy killed 150 people and flew that plane with the intention of killing them. Cold blooded killer imo. Frankly unbelievable that you can sympathise with him.

What do you think he was getting out of it? (say he's a cold blooded killer)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

There is a comment earlier in this thread that he could have gone to his local airport, taken a small aircraft and killed just himself, so why would he choose to take 150 people with him if he wasn't an evil ****?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

From the BBC website:

'The Germanwings co-pilot thought to have deliberately crashed his Airbus in the French Alps, killing 150 people, predicted "one day everyone will know my name", his ex-girlfriend says.
In an interview with Germany's Bild newspaper, she recalled a comment Andreas Lubitz made last year.
"One day I'm going to do something that will change the whole system, and everyone will know my name and remember," he told her.'

Premeditated murder, pure and simple. How else was anybody ever going to know that loser's name and remember?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
From the BBC website:

'The Germanwings co-pilot thought to have deliberately crashed his Airbus in the French Alps, killing 150 people, predicted "one day everyone will know my name", his ex-girlfriend says.
In an interview with Germany's Bild newspaper, she recalled a comment Andreas Lubitz made last year.
"One day I'm going to do something that will change the whole system, and everyone will know my name and remember," he told her.'

Premeditated murder, pure and simple. How else was anybody ever going to know that loser's name and remember?

Does that prove he was talking about the plane crash?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Don't forget, It's you who already knows the full story as to what was going through Lubitz mind.

150 people died suddenly, violently and needlessly, yet the only thing I'm now getting from this thread is how close you are to your next flounce or ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here