Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
From the BBC website:

'The Germanwings co-pilot thought to have deliberately crashed his Airbus in the French Alps, killing 150 people, predicted "one day everyone will know my name", his ex-girlfriend says.
In an interview with Germany's Bild newspaper, she recalled a comment Andreas Lubitz made last year.
"One day I'm going to do something that will change the whole system, and everyone will know my name and remember," he told her.'

Premeditated murder, pure and simple. How else was anybody ever going to know that loser's name and remember?

The thing was he wasn't a loser was he ? Not up till last week. He was a pilot who suffered from some sort of mental illness I suspect whose take on his and life in general must have been so totally different than most of the rest of us. Being unknown doesn't make you a loser but maybe his interpretations on his life were just different than the norm. Maybe he was just evil but evil normally has a self preservation side built into it. Look at all the famous killers throughout history.......they never gave themselves up and only ended things through suicide when THEIR game was up. Maybe he combined it all in one action. Who knows. I flew on a A320 the following day and as a nervous flier I kept thinking how much faith we have in these people we have never meet and have no idea about them. Our captain sounded pissed when he spoke to us or maybe the Diazepam just made me think that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pathetic.

Anyways, good luck with your quest against evil. I'll buy you a sword for your birthday.

Pathetic (sad)
causing feelings of sadness, sympathy, or sometimes lack of respect, especially because a person or an animal is suffering:
Pathetic (unsuccesful)
making someone feel no respect, often because unsuccessful or showing no ability, effort, or bravery:

You aren't debating the state of mind of that pilot, you are trying to make out an argument that isn't there. As GB has said, it's all about you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think Megazone finds the world an intoxicatingly confusing place and struggles to find his place within it. Unfortunately he found NSC. Not for us, I find him endlessly entertaining but unfortunate for him as on the while NSC is made up of fairly down to earth folk with a good grasp on life who have little time for his delusions. However he loves stirring things up and while he may get enjoyment short term it doesn't do his mental health much good.

Do we actually know he premeditated this for sure? Did he have other psychopathic tendencies?

It was mentioned earlier on the thread that Lubitz was waking up screaming from nightmares of being in a plane crash!?

Until we know the full facts, It seems very ignorant to label him as 'evil'. There's so many possible factors behind his actions.

You are a very sick person.

Label him however your warped mind wishes to, every other sane person will know him as an evil, man.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
every other sane person will know him as an evil, man.

Exactly
If you deliberately fly a plane into anything, whether it be a building or a mountain with the full knowledge you are going to kill all those on board you are profoundly immoral and wicked and therefore by very definition Evil.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Exactly
If you deliberately fly a plane into anything, whether it be a building or a mountain with the full knowledge you are going to kill all those on board you are profoundly immoral and wicked and therefore by very definition Evil.
Yep, surely if he wanted out of this world there are many ways of doing that without making 149 other people. do the same thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think it is difficult to say. He knew himself that he had evil thoughts and always intended to commit mass murder.

He was sane enough to gain a position of trust within an airline over many years. That takes some doing if you really are a loose cannon.

I would even go so far as to say that this was his ultimate intention before he even booked his first glider lesson.

Well, I'm going by what the French prosecution said earlier today on the BBC. And they have said his mental well-being in an important lead but not the only lead at present as not all the facts have been established. Now, you might find this hard to believe but I feel the French guy might know more about this case than you do. If I have got this wrong then I'm all ears.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Label him however your warped mind wishes to, every other sane person will know him as an evil, man.

I can't imagine that assumption helping the family and friends of the recent dead feel any better. God knows why you want to jump to such a 'sick' conclusion so soon?

Wouldn't you rather hope it was due to illness? We could learn something that way.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't imagine that assumption helping the family and friends of the recent dead feel any better. God knows why you want to jump to such a 'sick' conclusion so soon?

Wouldn't you rather hope it was due to illness? We could learn something that way.

Could be evil, could be very ill........or a degree of both. Did he have a mental illness that impacted his ability to think remotely rationally ? If so, should or could this have been recognised by others ? Did something unexpected flip in his mind during that flight or was it premeditated ? We don't know any of this. I hope the investigation gets close to the truth - for the moment labelling him 'evil' is jumping the gun in my book. Very disturbed, obviously, but not necessarily evil.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Captain Patrick Sondheimer. That’s the pilot’s name you want to remember.
There aren’t any photos of him. There aren’t any headlines.
But Patrick Sondheimer was the captain who was piloting the plane with Lubitz.
He was the man who left the cockpit to take a break, only to be locked out by his co-pilot.
He banged on the door. He screamed at Lubitz: ‘Open the goddamn door!’. And then he took an axe and desperately tried to break through the electronically sealed door.
The sound of Patrick trying to break into the cockpit can be heard right up until the recording ends, when the plane crashed.
Captain Patrick Sondheimer tried to save the passengers and crew of Germanwings flight 9525. He was a hero.
Patrick Sondheimer was also a married father of two.
Read more at http://www.mamamia.com.au/lifestyle/patrick-sondheimer/#1cZfjwAkVXrkLKLo.99

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I'm afraid to disagree as if there is evidence he had mental health issues then I don't believe that necessarily makes him evil. I'll reserve judgement until a bit more is known. Just to clarify, I'm not saying he isn't evil just that it is too soon to state that categorically.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Could be evil, could be very ill........or a degree of both. Did he have a mental illness that impacted his ability to think remotely rationally ? If so, should or could this have been recognised by others ? Did something unexpected flip in his mind during that flight or was it premeditated ? We don't know any of this. I hope the investigation gets close to the truth - for the moment labelling him 'evil' is jumping the gun in my book. Very disturbed, obviously, but not necessarily evil.

Agree completely with this. A lot of opinions on this thread leave me very sad. I understand a lot of the anger towards this man but unless we try and understand, wait for the facts and make every effort not to stigmatise depression any more than the world already does then we won't learn any lessons. And the fact that a lot of people seem to agree with Piers Morgan should be a warning sign for them on its own.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Latest reports I read, Luibitz was been treated for an eye condition that he believed would end his career and end in blindness, which makes his decision acceptable- not !

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Errrm, couldn't the mental health thing make him 'evil'.

No, i'm not justifying his actions (don't be silly).

On a side note, i'm loving a generally atheist board turning to religious/spiritual words to explain the unexplainable.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Well, I'm going by what the French prosecution said earlier today on the BBC. And they have said his mental well-being in an important lead but not the only lead at present as not all the facts have been established. Now, you might find this hard to believe but I feel the French guy might know more about this case than you do. If I have got this wrong then I'm all ears.

Hitler just had a mental health problem, Shipman the same and let's not forget the West's, Brady and Hindley, Huntley and the Yorkshire Ripper etc etc. None of them were evil, just mentally unstable?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
On a side note, i'm loving a generally atheist board turning to religious/spiritual words to explain the unexplainable.

Well said. It's just ignorance though, bless them,.

This is perhaps the most moronic thought i have seen on this thread.
Evil is not a word of religion or spirituality. I can understand the uneducated people saying thist but its just ignorance though, bless them.

Oxford English Evil adjective
immoral and wicked:

This bloke was both immoral and wicked and therefore Evil

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This is perhaps the most moronic thought i have seen on this thread.
Evil is not a word of religion or spirituality. I can understand the uneducated people saying thist but its just ignorance though, bless them.

Oxford English Evil adjective
immoral and wicked:

This bloke was both immoral and wicked and therefore Evil
Exactly.
It was pretty much premeditated according to an ex.

It was an evil thing to do. Hope he rots in hell.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hitler just had a mental health problem, Shipman the same and let's not forget the West's, Brady and Hindley, Huntley and the Yorkshire Ripper etc etc. None of them were evil, just mentally unstable?

It partly depends if you believe in free will. If you think too deeply and fundamentally about the chemical workings of the brain, free will is a difficult concept.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You can't pick the most notorious cases to prove a point which at this stage isn't provable, or compare one moment of madness (if that's what it was) with a sustained campaign of evilness executed over many years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here