Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plane crash at Shoreham - avoid A259

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Reported 2 planes have collided in mid air near Shoreham airport (at the recreation ground / Norfolk bridge), whole of A259 is shut/screwed so avoid.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mid air thing seems a bit sensationalist, IF 2 planes were involved, likely 1 was in troubles and the other had to manouver out of the way, also possibly grounding itself. Certainly 1 plane has crashed on the rec regardless

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
'kin hell.
I wondered what the smoke was just after 4.30.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Would be about 1/2 mile from my house. If it's the recreation ground, it's next door to where I grew up, at what is now the Dogs Trust place.

Just mentioned it on R5 and that is pretty much exactly how they described the location, minus the bit about your house, just said that a light aircraft had crashed on the rec and the road was closed in both directions.

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
Plane crash over Shoreham

Heard that two small planes (the sort of planes you would see at shoreham airport) crashed into each other earlier over Shoreham , one of the pilots might be dead.

Anyone else heard this?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
merged!

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
just had a wander down there. lots of fire engines, taped off area of the rec. various bits of wreckage scattered. but the coast guard choppper is doing a low scan all the way down the river and life boat ribs are also out indicating someone may have bailed out into the river. not good whatever has happened.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
just had a wander down there. lots of fire engines, taped off area of the rec. various bits of wreckage scattered. but the coast guard choppper is doing a low scan all the way down the river and life boat ribs are also out indicating someone may have bailed out into the river. not good whatever has happened.

One of the comments in the Argus page said a plane went into the river. Hope its just speculation.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Was on the beach in Lancing walking towards shoreham. Saw the smoke come up but just missed the crash. Shortly after all the sirens were going and they had the lifeboat out in the sea and the rescue chopper LOW combing the coastline. We assumed pilot Must have bailed upon approach but after reading the argus site I dont know what they were looking for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here