Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasion

Bowden91

Aug 21, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has ever played for a pitch invasion team, I use to play for one and I have just set up another team.
If you have played what night did you play, and what league did you get to?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Played for my own team Monday nights at Stanley Deason about 4 years ago. In terms of success, was very similar to the Brighton of late, constantly getting promoted and relegated from the same two divisions (champs and div 1 though).

Now play Monday nights again at Stanley Deason (late) for someone elses team. Just get promoted to Div 1. Only been playing for them for a few months, and we're now starting to click.

Played Thursday nights recently. But it's a shit hole. And soon stopping.

What night you playing, and what league you starting in?

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Playing Sunday's got a 10 man squad so its quite tough for places..

Get a couple more and have two teams.

From my experience / my opinion, I find it a lot easier with 6, or, sometimes even just the 5 players.

With 7/8, you don't get enough time to get into the match before being rotated.

Bowden91

Aug 21, 2008
Yeh good idea, i think we are going to split it into two teams now, will be controversial when we play each other.:laugh:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Got a pitch invasion game at waterhall tonight, got to leave in about 20, should really be getting changed instead of being on NSC:clap2:

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Play in the thursday night league up by the hospital, it's a dream. Not enough clubs involved though, only 2 leagues.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Play on Tuesdays at Waterhall. It's not great. The cost for half an hour is a bit of a rip-off, and the teams are usually groups of lads who drink together, invariably with identical haircuts and white trainers who have names like Tyler and Gaz and enjoy the prospect of a ruck. It's ok I suppose.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Play on Tuesdays at Waterhall. It's not great. The cost for half an hour is a bit of a rip-off, and the teams are usually groups of lads who drink together, invariably with identical haircuts and white trainers who have names like Tyler and Gaz and enjoy the prospect of a ruck. It's ok I suppose.

Should join the monday league, not played one team that has been punchy yet

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
How is it dreadful? You mean the pitches or what?

IMO (and I did only play a few weeks) - the pitches were awful, the organisation was bad (e.g. if a ball went out of the cage towards the gardens, it would take a long time to get a ball), and it's pretty out of the way / hidden. Just seemed not all that great for the £.

They certainly can't add more teams/leagues. Not unless they change it to playing every other week.

But, I am comparing this to Stanley Deason, which is excellent.

You played up there long?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here