Piss, err, Meet-ups in Dublin for the Play-off Legs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ok, theres a fair amount of interest in meetups for the playoff legs in Dublin. So I'm proposing having one for each. Liam's looking into getting Tolka Park's bar for one (or both) of the legs. Not sure which. Other than that, I'd like to know who's interested in coming to one or both of them?

*desperately trying to merge both threads here*

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Yep - I am in Dublin for the whole week just let me know where to be !

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm in Dublin for the 2nd leg so count me in.

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
We're on for the bar in Tolka for both legs, if we want. At least it's a real football venue and the trophy cabinet even contains a cut glass thingy that was presented to Shelbourne by BHA. That, and the league trophy, of course :)

Directions to the ground are on the Shels website - click here - in the "Getting to Tolka" part.

If anyone needs better directions, let me know.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I'm hoping against hope to be able to get there for the 2nd leg but have to go down the country that day. Will all depend on what time I get back at. Would really be looking forward to it though.

Would be nice to put some faces to names:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

sbee

Jul 8, 2003
me too.....

MYOB

.....sorry for asking....but the area of the ground -
it's not a whitehawk sort of thing is it?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I know a girl has just got back from there, you can't smoke in pubs over there coz it's banned!! NIGHTMARE, allegedley you have to go outside!

:nono:

Last edited:

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
sbee said:
.....sorry for asking....but the area of the ground -
it's not a whitehawk sort of thing is it?

Not sure what you mean by Whitehawk, but the ground is in Drumcondra, a couple of miles from the city centre and just off the main road to the airport. You should get parking right outside too.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
You guys probably know this already but Celtic are playing Dundee United at 3pm on Sunday. The game is live on BBC1 up here and I presume Setanta. You might want to make sure you that the pub you're going to will defo screen it.

irishseagull

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin
Jambo,

That's a very fair point. I was already thinking that we could already be competing with GAA on TV in most pubs. I am definitely on and Joe told me he is as well.

Any bright ideas, we could call pubs to ask nicely for television reservation.

Let's try to nail it done today.

James.

irishseagull

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin
Fantastic!

Is that the one on Richmond Road?

Can't wait, although we're sure to be bricking it for 90 minutes. That's football.

See you all then.

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
irishseagull said:
Is that the one on Richmond Road?

Yes. If anyone needs directions, let me know.

Also, if anyone fancies watching some live football this evening, Shelbourne are playing Derry at 7.45pm there. €15 admission.

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
James, it's definitely not a problem. I'm a member of the SC (and the bar) and an officer of the club. I have been on to the Commercial Manager twice and he is happy for us to come along.

Your mate sounds like a Pat's fan who's trying to starve us of some very welcome bar revenue :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I guess/hope theres no restrictive dress codes or age policies (unlike wanky venues like the IFI)? I can dress up fancily if needed, but I can't add a year to my age, unfortunately...

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
MYOB said:
I guess/hope theres no restrictive dress codes or age policies (unlike wanky venues like the IFI)? I can dress up fancily if needed, but I can't add a year to my age, unfortunately...

There's no problem. We even allow people to wear football shirts (in our football club bar). It's all veyr relaxed and we'll probably be the only people in at that time on a Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports