Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Piped crowd noise

Piped crowd noise at games, yes, no, maybe, who cares

• No, just have the audio from the pitch

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Yes, piped noise would be a great addition

Votes: 51 44.7%
  • Not sure lets see how no crowd noise works first then tinker with audio if needed

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Meh, who gives a s**t, football is not important right now.

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm all for added crowd noise. Mind you, I'm also going to order a box of six Piglets Pantry pies and a few beers to max the experience. I might even queue on my own outside my downstairs toilet for five minutes before going in at half time and push the wife out the way to return to my seat! We just need to be a bit more imaginative:smile:

Will you leave early or stay till the final whistle?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I just watched a la Liga game and it made a difference in terms of not noticing the silence. A bit weird when a goal is scored and someone has to press the cheer button but overall it's good. It means I may have missed someone screaming "Pethick, you ****ing ugly *******" though.

I hooe they have a 'youre shit aarrrggghhhhh ' button, that would be superb

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having watched a lot of the German games I am in favour it adds to a sterile atmosphere. Play gosbts full blast for 90 minutes.

This.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Load of rubbish

Why should a producer decide how you feel and what noise you make during a match ??

They're not. Its just channelling some synthetic "atmosphere" into the TV coverage. Is it ideal ? No, obviously not. Is it preferable to a game played in silence as though its a training match ? IMO absolutely.

Particularly as I'm partial to sitting in my garden leafing through the Sports pullout with a beer, and half an eye on the live game. Crowd noise cranks up - I might peer over Henry Winter's column to see whats occurring.

Crowd noise works.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I voted No but I would be prepared to support it on the following basis.

1. They're not cowardly enough to not pipe in booing if the home team is playing badly.
2. They pipe in "Sacked in the morning" / "The referee's a wanker" / You're shit, and you know you are" etc. when appropriate
3. No goal music. Ever. Period.

If those three criteria are met (they won't be) then I might support it.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
They're not. Its just channelling some synthetic "atmosphere" into the TV coverage. Is it ideal ? No, obviously not. Is it preferable to a game played in silence as though its a training match ? IMO absolutely.

Particularly as I'm partial to sitting in my garden leafing through the Sports pullout with a beer, and half an eye on the live game. Crowd noise cranks up - I might peer over Henry Winter's column to see whats occurring.

Crowd noise works.

Im afraid I think its a rubbish idea all round....when I hear it in practise I might change my mind but I doubt it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Im afraid I think its a rubbish idea all round....when I hear it in practise I might change my mind but I doubt it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

It sounds shit in contemplation, but as an alternative to silence - its very much preferable. You pretty much forget about it being "piped" as you watch the game. Given the choice as I watch from home, having sampled it from various games in the Bundesliga that I don't give a shit about, the ones that have had the (fake) crowd noise have been closer to normal than having an empty echoing arena.

I'm not saying its great. I'm saying its preferable to silence.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As long as they don't entrust it to the company that's responsible for VAR.

We'd end up getting boos after a goal's scored, cheers when players are down with injury and chanting during the halftime break.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I really couldn't give a hoot if the crowd noise is piped or not. It's the commentators who are unable to leave even 2 seconds without them waffling crap that get on my goat.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This must have been mentioned somewhere before but IF (by some miracle) we win all our remaining home games will the club consider sticking with cardboard fans & possible piped crowd noise for next season? :whistle:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I think playing loud supportive crowd noise at home would be a great idea, if they have it. It will remind the players that we are there in spirit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here