Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Not usually a fan of football ground meat pies as I've had some stinkers over the years, but during the first half the lovely smell of pies was wafting around so had the chicken & ham at half-time and have to say it was bloody handsome!
Definitely on my list of must-haves on Tuesday night.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mini had a hot dog and was underwhelmed to say the least.

Think I will push the boat out soon and have a steak and ale pie as they sound yummy

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Steak and ale from the WSL before the game was superb. Was going to get a drink during HT but the queues were horrendous and it was seriously hot on the concourse as well. Surprised they didnt open the exit doors to get some air in.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have it on good authority that there is a Pie Preparation Room under one of the stands, This is the reason for the delay in getting Hayter off the pitch. He was being assesed for protein content and how much fat he was carrying. I assume he will turn up at the Gillingham game.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Despite subsequent posts, I consider that the PP (Piglets Pantry) pies are better than most others available on football grounds or similar venues.

It may be that, as a result of PP moving to a larger facility, there are temporary issues with quality (although my Chicken and Ham Pie today was more than acceptable) but perhaps Shoreham Beach Gull will update us on that issue and anything else of interest, and, also advise us where PP has moved to as, it is assumed, no longer at the Beach House in East Street, Shoreham.

This because I wanted to go in and buy a few pies

Wasn't in yesterday so only just seen this comment. There are some things I can't say until they are made official just incase it changes. The shop closed due to a number of factors such as the Mother having to spend everyday making these pies for everyone as well as the shop not making enough money due to the roadworks ect. She did say that she appreciates the following of pies (which sold out everyday at the shop) and is trying to find a way of getting these available for a midweek fix. Will update as soon as I know anymore on the matter.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I had a chicken one and it was bloody gorgeous. It needed to have been accompanied by a pint of Hophead though.
What is happening there ?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Lovely pastry, and packed full of meet. Top quality pie and not a bad price either considering you can get pie and pint for £6.50. I shall being having a pie at every time I visit the Amex. Steak and ale was lovely, now bring on the chicken!!

The north end of WSL was a disaster zone food-wise today, sadly. I ended up taking back 4 stone-cold chicken pies. When I was returning the 4th, a girl came back to the counter to complain about 2 burgers she'd bought. To say the burgers looked cremated would be an understatement. The poor supervisor girl couldn't cope and had absolutely no support from the senior management who appeared very sporadically. I ended up getting a refund. Such a shame because the pies I've had previously were bloody lovely.

I also had a multitude of issues in the same area of the ground & in Dicks-nightmare of a day in terms of catering service.

Speed of the Line was fine, I get to the front and I ask for Steak & Ale pie "sorry we've sold out"

It was 2:15...ffs how could they be sold out so early

plumped for the chicken & ham (which was v good but not as good as s&a) so the guy who was helping the cashier serve & was clearly in earshot goes off, comes back with a box & says "veggie burger"...bearing in mind they had started to mark which box had which food in, again I'm thinking ffs & corrected him.

I'm all ready to pay for just the pie with £3.50 in my hand and the girl says "that'll be £4"

I pointed at the sign behind which clearly stated the price & it took 10 seconds of her looking from the sign to the till to work it out...sake

Decided to try again just after ht as lad next to me had got a s&a pie...to find that they were out again!!

In Dicks after and thought third time lucky at the pie stand and miraculously they did have s&a! Hoorah!!

After 5 mins of waiting for it to cool down, i find that it infact another bloody chikcen & ham!! :rant:

Here's hoping the NS can deliver when I'm at the Blackpool match!

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I also had a multitude of issues in the same area of the ground & in Dicks-nightmare of a day in terms of catering service.

Speed of the Line was fine, I get to the front and I ask for Steak & Ale pie "sorry we've sold out"

It was 2:15...ffs how could they be sold out so early

plumped for the chicken & ham (which was v good but not as good as s&a) so the guy who was helping the cashier serve & was clearly in earshot goes off, comes back with a box & says "veggie burger"...bearing in mind they had started to mark which box had which food in, again I'm thinking ffs & corrected him.

I'm all ready to pay for just the pie with £3.50 in my hand and the girl says "that'll be £4"

I pointed at the sign behind which clearly stated the price & it took 10 seconds of her looking from the sign to the till to work it out...sake

Decided to try again just after ht as lad next to me had got a s&a pie...to find that they were out again!!

In Dicks after and thought third time lucky at the pie stand and miraculously they did have s&a! Hoorah!!

After 5 mins of waiting for it to cool down, i find that it infact another bloody chikcen & ham!! :rant:

Here's hoping the NS can deliver when I'm at the Blackpool match!

We made over 5000 of Steak and Ale, bloody good effort if they all sold out. Maybe they didn't supply enought to the North Stand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We made over 5000 of Steak and Ale, bloody good effort if they all sold out. Maybe they didn't supply enought to the North Stand.

what was the total number of all flavours sold yesterday then?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My friend, Sir Charles, ordered a chicken pie and ended up when noticing it was actually a burger. Mum's boyfriend, the Richieman, ordered a veggie pie that happened to be a chicken one. Luckily he is not an actual veggie, so ate it anyway. Worth checking the insides of the box before walking away, i think, if it matters to you.
Certainly speedy, and the Harveys was nice enough.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Agree the pies were first class!! Ordered a chicken and ham and was given a steak and ale by mistake! No prob but becareful if your a veggie

the reverse of my tottenham experience.

Guess it's impossible to see what the filing is so can happen sadly.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Can I ask, is the chicken pie supposed to have a filling that has, bar the chicken, almost a stuffing-like consistency. The reason I ask is the two I've had, at the fan's forum and the Spurs game, have had a filling like that, despite the fact they're hot inside. I eventually bought one at HT yesterday off a hawker and although the pastry was soft, probably due to how it was heated, the contents were wonderful with lovely moist chicken, gammon and a fantastic creamy bechemel sauce.

If it supposed to be like that bought from the counters, you need to have a serious word with Azure, as they're potentially cocking up one of the best foodstuffs ever seen at a sporting venue.

Jameson

I've had the chicken pie each time and love it. Took my wife yesterday and persuaded to her to do the pie and a pint thing, proper football day food. I have to say that the staff don't really help, the girl who served me was clueless and told us there were no veggie pies despite it only being 1.15 and we could see them all stacked up behind her. She also couldn't understand that a pint of cider was different to a pint of Harveys. I could even have wandered off without paying and had to remind her to charge me.

But the pies are great, Id rather pay a bit extra for good food than the rather insipid looking "hotdog" that my pal had a few weeks back. It looked awful.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Can I ask, is the chicken pie supposed to have a filling that has, bar the chicken, almost a stuffing-like consistency. The reason I ask is the two I've had, at the fan's forum and the Spurs game, have had a filling like that, despite the fact they're hot inside. I eventually bought one at HT yesterday off a hawker and although the pastry was soft, probably due to how it was heated, the contents were wonderful with lovely moist chicken, gammon and a fantastic creamy bechemel sauce.

If it supposed to be like that bought from the counters, you need to have a serious word with Azure, as they're potentially cocking up one of the best foodstuffs ever seen at a sporting venue.

Only thing I can think of is that it was our first game of making over 7000 pies which was a struggle for the Spurs game, so like everything had a couple that had problems. Azure had the same problems of getting used to the demand for the first two games as well so could be a mixture of the two. We had a problem with one batch that had too much of the sauce so maybe too much was taken out. I know that this weeks pies were on the whole much more successfully made as we're all getting used to the processes now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only thing I can think of is that it was our first game of making over 7000 pies which was a struggle for the Spurs game, so like everything had a couple that had problems. Azure had the same problems of getting used to the demand for the first two games as well so could be a mixture of the two. We had a problem with one batch that had too much of the sauce so maybe too much was taken out. I know that this weeks pies were on the whole much more successfully made as we're all getting used to the processes now

I had a steak pie, with a huge dollop of mustard to dunk my pie into, with a pint of Harveys after the game. Glorious.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The pies were good, a little bit lacking in gravy but if thats to help the cooking process then im all for it, i think the few people that dont like them are because they werent chock full of salt and sugar, and therefore dont taste like the ones they are used to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here