Pies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
They really are that good aren't there ?

It's the first time I bought a "meat" based product at a football ground where I could clearly identity:

1) The animal and
2) which part of the animal ...

... I was putting in my mouth.

Despite subsequent posts, I consider that the PP (Piglets Pantry) pies are better than most others available on football grounds or similar venues.

It may be that, as a result of PP moving to a larger facility, there are temporary issues with quality (although my Chicken and Ham Pie today was more than acceptable) but perhaps Shoreham Beach Gull will update us on that issue and anything else of interest, and, also advise us where PP has moved to as, it is assumed, no longer at the Beach House in East Street, Shoreham.

This because I wanted to go in and buy a few pies

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Are they shortcrust?

No, more of a rough puff it I had to be technical.

Nothing spectacular, but remarkable at a football ground.

To be honest, I don't really like pre-prepared food, especially when it's sold in a box - but I was surprised at the quality.

Waitrose quality to be honest.

I do a bit of cooking and I could easily appreciate it was made recently out of good quality meat and fresh ingredients. It was the quality of the sauce that surprised me. Actually tasted like bechamel and not some industrial glue.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought they were lush. Even more so when they started giving them away (and other food) free in Dick's from about half eight onwards :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shut up Wolfie

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
My steak and ale pie was bloody awful. I shan't be buying one of those again. I will give the chicken and ham one a go next time.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The north end of WSL was a disaster zone food-wise today, sadly. I ended up taking back 4 stone-cold chicken pies. When I was returning the 4th, a girl came back to the counter to complain about 2 burgers she'd bought. To say the burgers looked cremated would be an understatement. The poor supervisor girl couldn't cope and had absolutely no support from the senior management who appeared very sporadically. I ended up getting a refund. Such a shame because the pies I've had previously were bloody lovely.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
i think the vegi pie needs a say here.

its actually nice to have an option that isnt chips, let alone a choice between a pie and a burger...

but, i had the pie today and it was amazing, lots of filling, all recognisable bits of veg- squash, beans etc. which is special on its own. also not full of sauce like normal pies-to hide flavours or whatever made it fresh and lovely.

really appreciated.
will be trying the burger on tuesday. just to get a try on everything.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Can someone explain the burger to me? I must have been missold because what I asked for was a cheeseburger, but what I was given was a bun with cheese on top of a tomato slice, and the other half of the bun. There was no actual burger in my burger. I was left feeling somewhat disappointed..... (Not really, it was still quite nice).

The chicken and ham pie was an absolute stormer though, full credit to all those involved in producing such pies. The serving girl in the East Stand was very pleasant too, but I was served first at 1pm, when they were all still awake and fresh. After the match one of the girls behind the counter was in the process of dozing off, must have been a long old afternoon though to be fair.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Queued up for 15 minutes only to be told that they were out of pies for a while. This is not a complaint. Just an observation that they must be dead good. I'll just make sure I bag one next time.

The Harveys was lush.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Ran out of everything except veggie pies & burgers, so dissapointingly I opted for the pie.........and have to say it was bloody fantastic ! And I'm not great lover of veggie products but this was beautiful !

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
The north end of WSL was a disaster zone food-wise today, sadly. I ended up taking back 4 stone-cold chicken pies. When I was returning the 4th, a girl came back to the counter to complain about 2 burgers she'd bought. To say the burgers looked cremated would be an understatement. The poor supervisor girl couldn't cope and had absolutely no support from the senior management who appeared very sporadically. I ended up getting a refund. Such a shame because the pies I've had previously were bloody lovely.

My steak and ale pie from this counter purchased before the game was the perfect football pie. Not too hot to burn the mouth, but not cold, stuffed full of meat and very filling. Will try the Chicken pie next - possibly the poor experiences are still mainly teething problems as it is all so new and to get every pie perfect in short time spans of high demand no doubt takes a bit of practice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports