Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Photo's in The Amex from today

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Why have some of the ESL seats at the front (i.e. a long way from the ESU works), been temporarily removed?

I was there watching them do it only 2 hours ago and can confirm that they were removing the top layer (which to me means the grass plus little bit more - I don't know much about pitch management!)

Would this be the opposite to "watching grass grow"?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
From BHASnappy:

AtgKkClCEAAkgrm.jpg

"Pitch maintenance summer programme commences as top layer is removed ahead of reseeding"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
on the OS now

[MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION] Snappy's picture shows the top layer of the pitch being removed. This is part of the summer pitch maintenance programme...

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
If they'd hired a larger capacity crane they wouldn't have had to do all that because the crane could have been parked further from the stand. Mind you there aren't that many big capacity cranes, and they come at a premium hire rate, also the big ones are probably busy elsewhere.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If they'd hired a larger capacity crane they wouldn't have had to do all that because the crane could have been parked further from the stand. Mind you there aren't that many big capacity cranes, and they come at a premium hire rate, also the big ones are probably busy elsewhere.

No, its to do with the weight vs angle issue. They dont have height to play with, so that means you need to get in tight to reduce the risk of toppling, especially when the prefabricated concrete terracing gets lifted in after the steelwork is complete.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If Rusty can provide pics like this then why can't the club? They know the interest from last time, surely its not beyond them to do similar.

Understand what you're saying but you must appreciate it's a very busy period for the club. It's better to have slightly poor limited shots than none at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Rusty can provide pics like this then why can't the club? They know the interest from last time, surely its not beyond them to do similar.

The official club photograher provides photos like this every day, on his twitter feed.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
No, its to do with the weight vs angle issue. They dont have height to play with, so that means you need to get in tight to reduce the risk of toppling, especially when the prefabricated concrete terracing gets lifted in after the steelwork is complete.

True but you just increase the balance counterweight or the distance from the fulcrum of your lighter counterweight giving you balance to avoid toppling, a biggish capacity crane would be able to lift around 200 or 300 tonnes and I'm sure a prefabricated section won't weigh anywhere near that, 40 - 50 tonnes at tops ( any more and it couldn't be easily transported by road ).

One of these babies should manage ( This Terex DEMAG has 350 tonne capacity and was used on one of my projects in conjunction with it's smaller 200 tonne baby brother ). There's even a 1000 tonne crane but that probably is too big to get through the door. What they're using at the moment is just a tiddler by comparison.

Attachments

• LET Vacuum Vessel Transport ( Movement from Bus Park to R80 ) 001small.jpg
    LET Vacuum Vessel Transport ( Movement from Bus Park to R80 ) 001small.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here