Petition for Marine A.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Maybe on here but who is a Muslim poster on here? The government wouldn't ever overturn the decision even if there was a few million votes for soldier 'A' to be freed as that would send out the signal that we are anti Muslim and they are fair game and what would that do to community cohesion? Not us but them?

I think you're making this up as you go along.

This has nothing to do with 'community cohesion', and everything to do with due process.

So I'll re-state my questions -

What is the case his supporters are putting up for having his murder conviction quashed?

What do they expect the government to do about it? They're not in a position to unilaterally overturn it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
53,578 as of just now, FYI.

Read my post again then research on how many times the Government have intervened on petitions signed by the public and put pressure on the law courts which has resulted in the accused/convicted to be released early from their sentence.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Read my post again then research on how many times the Government have intervened on petitions signed by the public and put pressure on the law courts which has resulted in the accused/convicted to be released early from their sentence.

Left wing mods are tampering with my posts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

You're talking to the wrong poster here, I haven't said anything whatsoever about the impact or otherwise of petitions.

You said it had over 100k, I was merely confirming the actual current figure of around 53k. It may well reach the 100k mark in the end. It's just not there yet. That's all.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This what I said, mods have hacked my account and put the shite.

Apologies for that, I meant to click 'reply with quote' but I clicked the edit button instead, and because I have the moderator function on my account, when I wrote what I wanted to say, it appeared on your post instead and made it look like you said it. So I deleted what I wrote and reinstated yours- if I've missed a bit off, it wasn't intentional.

Total accident. Sorry :thumbsup:

How about you show us cases when the government have over turned rulings after petition campaigns?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apologies for that, I meant to click 'reply with quote' but I clicked the edit button instead, and because I have the moderator function on my account, when I wrote what I wanted to say, it appeared on your post instead and made it look like you said it. So I deleted what I wrote and reinstated yours- if I've missed a bit off, it wasn't intentional.

Total accident. Sorry :thumbsup:

I've just hacked your account Edna and posted the above message twice BTW.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just hacked your account Edna and posted the above message twice BTW.

:) It's driving me nuts, having to delete the duplicate post every time I type anything. Probably why I accidentally hit the Edit button instead of Reply With Quote, as I've done it so many times today.

I can appreciate that might sound like a total cover story though :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports