Peterborough Chairman on CMS & Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
He's changed his tune then - only six months ago MacAnthony was happy to take Tony Bloom's £3m so should shut up. It speaks volumes about CMS that he chose to come to us for footballing reasons rather than go where his old Chairman wanted him to.

What a plonker MacAnthony is. But then he appointed Fergie Jnr. again, hasn't exactly been a great decision so clearly the Chairman doesn't really know his stuff. I could almost feel sorry for POSH fans.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
he is obviously blinkered by peterborough when there really a bit shit and the only signings he can make are loans from man utd because daddy will help little darren out

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
seems volkes is following on from vincente in the random letter insertion stakes...

Edit - oh christ, phone and poor reception have put this in triplicate, apologies.

Last edited:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
It's not about Championship defences for me. He has been put in enough good goal scoring positions ie. defence already beaten and missed the opportunities. I think Barnes has been worse. the stats for clear opportunities to strike rate would be interesting. You can get a creative midfielder behind him, and would he score? Not sure at the moment - it now a confidence thing - just hope his confidence is not shot. Our style at the beginnning of the season did not lend itself to him. We are beginning to learn the championship - we've given our league 1 squad a well earned shot at it (or sold the others!), found a few wanting, bought a few others. Maybe Razak may help bring a bit more ou of him. See what Scotland does for him.

As for MacAnthonthy - very unprofessional. Should look at his own (sinking fast) ship first. Prize plonker.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I always trust in Gus, but I would love to see Vokes and CMS play together for a whole match.

I think you could start to see it working at Millwall, them starting to play off each other. My ideal situation would be to play Vicente between them and midfield, giving them service. I know he's really a winger, but he seems quite happy to come up through the middle as well, which I think would give options when coming forwards. You could play Barnes in the same position possibly, but given how much he drops back at times for defence I'm not sure if he'd be as effective.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Darragh MacAnthony @DMAC102
[MENTION=20839]SteveG[/MENTION]rant1983 I dont agree,CMS feeds off service etc..How many chances per game is he getting..He is good enough for this level by mile

/\
Not me btw

I notice that CMS gets a barrage of tweets from Posh fans saying he should come back. Good to see the bhafc fans praising Craig still outnumber them.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Unprofessional, but he does talk sense, dont think he should comment on where CMS should have chosen to go though

We dont supply our striker with the service he needs, and we have dropped our record signing for a man on loan for 3 months. Surely they should be playing together, seems like a good partnership waiting to happen!

I thought this was why Gus loaned Vokes in the first place - at least that's what he said!?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
But you have to consider that when Peterborough were in the Championship with CMS they were shit and got relegated. When they were in League 1 with CMS they got promoted and scored more goals than anyone. Bobby Zamora only scored 14 goals for us in the Championship, despite getting 32 the year before in League 1. Is he not good enough for the second division either? A lot of it is about what team you're playing in.

For my money, CMS is a fantastic player who deserves better than we have provided him. Every game he doesn't start is only tarnishing Gus' credibility, not his.

It's not tarnishing anyone's credibility you goon. It's just squad rotation. We have a different option so he's using it for a bit.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
CMS needs a rest- he showed against Leeds how effective he can be off the bench.

People should stop reading too much into things all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using the power of Greyskull

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
But Gus always knows best......apparently.

Genuinely interested as to why you are so suspicious/have such vitriol towards Gus. Do you think hat we aren't doing well enough? Who would you prefer as our manager?

There are wind merchants on here, but you don't strike me as one so for that reason I am intrigued as to your actual thoughts...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But Gus always knows best......apparently.

Seeing as he has done f**king amazing for this club in the last 2 years, yes, I would say he generally does, actually.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
This **** of a chairman is probably angry because he hasn't got some of the add ons in the CMS deal for him to score more than a certain number this season :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports