Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough Chairman on CMS & Brighton

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Vokes has played very well since his arrival and looks a brilliant target man. The issue stems from the fact Gus is reluctant to change formation and style. The 3 centre midfielders are the core of the side and the rest works round that. And when you have 3 CM's, you can only really have 1 main striker. And at the moment Vokes is playing the lone striker role better than CMS.

A good point made earlier was about the number of goals he scored last year for Posh but also the number of goals they conceded. If we dropped one of the CM's and went more attacking, he might get a few more chances, but we'd also concede and as a result likely to be a lot lower in the league.

It's a fine line to tread between keeping CMS motivated and relishing the challenge of fighting for a place in the XI, and just disheartening him and pissing him off. I trust Gus to get this right and CMS to be professional enough to realise no one is an automatic starter anymore.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A good point made earlier was about the number of goals he scored last year for Posh but also the number of goals they conceded. If we dropped one of the CM's and went more attacking, he might get a few more chances, but we'd also concede and as a result likely to be a lot lower in the league.

As we know, Gus prefers 1-0 over 4-3.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he has a point to be honest. Our service to him this season has been really poor. And not getting an target man with him at the start of the season, didn't really help matters.

But he's had 6-7 easy chances in the last 10 games and not buried them.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Is it any coincidence that CMS goals dried up after Dicker got injured? CMS more than any has missed Dickers through balls and general play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it any coincidence that CMS goals dried up after Dicker got injured? CMS more than any has missed Dickers through balls and general play.

I would agree with that, although a lot of Nsc's great & good slated Dicker when he was playing.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I would agree with that, although a lot of Nsc's great & good slated Dicker when he was playing.

Exactly.
Another thing i've noticed (may just be me) is that we have played far wider since Dicker's injury, using Buckley, Noone, Lua Lua far more often than I seem to remember we did early on in the season. When the ball gets wide, balls into the box will obviously mostly be aerial balls, the sort that CMS has little chance of winning against a 6ft + lump at center half. I think playing him and Vokes is everything we need, but for some reason Gus doesn't want to do so. CMS would happily defend, which is the main argument people have for picking Barnes... in fact to argue anyone would put in more effort for the team than CMS is pointless.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
wow, how unprofessional

He has it in for us - was slagging us off for 'diving' after we beat them there. And also is jealous we're a lot bigger than them now. He was answering albion fans tweets back at him too - totally tin pot - can you ever imagine TB doing that...?!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
He has it in for us - was slagging us off for 'diving' after we beat them there. And also is jealous we're a lot bigger than them now. He was answering albion fans tweets back at him too - totally tin pot - can you ever imagine TB doing that...?!

must be something wrong in the water down that way , the Twitter rubbish from Chairman and fans , that shite they put in the Newspaper and those idiots with the Podcast ? what is their problems?

to be honest I couldn't give two shits about them , London road is great for terraces reasons but other then that couldn't give a f*** , however they've got major issues with us!

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
Love it... Our chairman makes a comment (which of course anyone has the right to do and was to his followers on twitter, not actually posted on your message board) and praises CMS!! and the thread results in you guys questioning your managers team selections and CMS's ability. :lol:

Dont get me wrong, im not looking for a row and will not respond to further posts when those out there want to respond with abusive responses

Its just an observation that made me laugh, which i hope you can see the funny side of and have a laugh at to.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Love it... Our chairman makes a comment (which of course anyone has the right to do and was to his followers on twitter, not actually posted on your message board) and praises CMS!! and the thread results in you guys questioning your managers team selections and CMS's ability. :lol:

Dont get me wrong, im not looking for a row and will not respond to further posts when those out there want to respond with abusive responses

Its just an observation that made me laugh, which i hope you can see the funny side of and have a laugh at to.
Your chairman is a wanker.

I'll not expect a response, since we all know its true.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's alright. He qualified his comment about wanting CMS to go elsewhere because the other 2 offered more money than us, which is understandable. He's entitled to his opinion!

scooter1

How soon is now?
Bit of nothing really.

He knows craig, is familiar with his strengths and weaknesses, and isn't saying anything our fans aren't saying.
Probably had better offers from Leicester and West Ham, which means it makes sense he'd want CMS to have gone there instead.

Its a known fact that both West Ham and Leicester offered more for CMS, but that we offered more up front and CMS chose to come here. It was a done deal long before last season finished that he was going to leave Peterborough, but it wasn't decided where he would go. I'm glad he chose us, its just a shame that he's not getting the service he needs to get the goals, and when we do deliver the kind of balls that he's previously thrived on - he's on the bench......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here