Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Sutcliffe - should he be released?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does anyone on here remember "Peter" , the Brighton fan who bore a striking resemblance to Sutcliffe which is why we all called him "Peter" ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I think they should not only release him, they should allow him to get rich by producing the musical version of his life that I saw on telly once. The moment when he says "I really am most terribly sorry" was actually very poignant, I felt quite sorry for him.

Still struggling to be amusing I see. Are you and him related?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I can't beleive these liberals expect us to believe he's gone from being The Yorkshire Ripper to The Yorkshire Pipe and Slipper...

I heard he was gonna be kitted-out with a dorsal fin & released somewhere off the coast near Scarborough. He'll be going under name of The Yorkshire Flipper..

:tumble:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Daft question really- if there's anybody on here (a) actually qualified to comment on the mental fitness (or otherwise) of a certified psychopath, and (b) with full knowledge of his current circumstances, fair enough.

Otherwise...how can any of us possibly say?

He won't be released in the traditional sense (ie set free) anyway, so it's a blatant bit of scaremongering by the Sun, evidently on a slow news day.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Daft question really- if there's anybody on here (a) actually qualified to comment on the mental fitness (or otherwise) of a certified psychopath, and (b) with full knowledge of his current circumstances, fair enough.

Otherwise...how can any of us possibly say?

He won't be released in the traditional sense (ie set free) anyway, so it's a blatant bit of scaremongering by the Sun, evidently on a slow news day.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I'm sure the only reason we are discussing this is because he wasn't technically sentenced in the first place. Otherwise the courts would have gladly issued a "to be retained indefinitely" tariff.

From my little understanding of the law, but from what I've read they technically can't.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Could do a job ,may dig us out of a hole

...err, dig us a hole maybe, wasn't that how he disposed of his victims.

I can see that he might be reduced from a category A to B, or whatever it is called, if he is deemed to present a lesser risk to society...however, I think it very unlikely that he will ever see freedom as we know it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let him go free.

Then let the families of his victims know when and where he'll be freed.

Sorted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Under the terms if the original case/sentence was he not ordered to be detained until it was decided that he was fit to rejoin society. In which case the doctors will decide if and when he can be freed. From my limited knowledge of it, through the papers etc I would have said let him die in Broadmoor.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I don't think he was. They did a mock-up of this on The Day Today (I think it was). Or was it BrassEye... one of the two

I f***ing KNOW!!!!

It was Brass Eye. I remember it, very funny indeed. They even spoofed John McCririck later in the episode to believe Sutcliffe The Musical was a real show and he was on day release to perform in it, and for him to become outraged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here