Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Sutcliffe - should he be released?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Dandyman

In London village.
Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe's fit to be freed from Broadmoor | The Sun |News

YORKSHIRE Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has been classified low risk and recommended for release from Broadmoor, The Sun can reveal.
The top-security hospital’s doctors have told lawyers representing the Ripper — who murdered 13 women and tried to kill seven others — that he is no longer dangerous.

Typical Sun bollocks - the most that will happen is that he gets moved from Broadmoor to a normal prison.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe's fit to be freed from Broadmoor | The Sun |News

YORKSHIRE Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has been classified low risk and recommended for release from Broadmoor, The Sun can reveal.
The top-security hospital’s doctors have told lawyers representing the Ripper — who murdered 13 women and tried to kill seven others — that he is no longer dangerous.
personally wouldnt even have bothered with a trial, i would have done what the chinese do, a bullet in the back of the head and bill his family for the cost .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't beleive these liberals expect us to believe he's gone from being The Yorkshire Ripper to The Yorkshire Pipe and Slipper...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think they should not only release him, they should allow him to get rich by producing the musical version of his life that I saw on telly once. The moment when he says "I really am most terribly sorry" was actually very poignant, I felt quite sorry for him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think he should be offered a release .... in exchange for his meat and two veg, which would be clumsily removed by the relatives of his victims, using a rusty meat cleaver.

His choice, freedom is available, but at a price. Still better than the sentence dished out to his victims, who had no choice in the matter whatsoever, and no chance of freedom at any price,

In fact, I may have been a bit too generous on him, but hey, I'm a reasonable man.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sutcliffe was convicted at the time when the home secretary could set the tariff.

What would hapen is the judge would recommend a tariff and the home secretary would set it.

When the was deemed a bit dodgy under the European legislation, the courts went back and re-sentenced a lot of people, sometimes using the new "to be retained indefinately" tariff.

( Yes folks bad old politically correct EU leading to life meaning life, you couldn't make it up...)

Anyway - from what I've read they didn't go back and re-look at Sutcliffe because er.. they couldn't.

Something to do with the paper work at the time, might be that Sutcliffe refused to give "a representation" to the home secretary.

So all that fuss about Sutcliffe trying to get released last year was quite inaccurately reported by a lot of the tabloids.

The issue was about his lawyers asking for a clarification of how long (even if forever) he was supposed to be retained.

.. because techincally it hasn't been set.

Hennes

Ubergoat
Feb 7, 2009
Koeln
To fit in with the "Red Riding" thread there has also been a suggestion that Sutcliffe did not kill all the victims assigned to the Yorkshire Ripper and another person (claimed to now be living in Ireland) killed at least some of the others.

The Real Yorkshire Ripper

p.s. I have translated from German so hope this is reading right.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Typical Sun bollocks - the most that will happen is that he gets moved from Broadmoor to a normal prison.

thats the one ..................the Sun is a scaremongering rag

D

Deleted User X18H

He didn't do em all .........................allegedly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here