Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pet Hates

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Or how about those SHITPUFFINS who, just after having all their stuff beeped through at the checkout, suddenly remember that they'd forgotten to get their bag of organic CRESS. So everything is put on hold while a pre-pubescent, disinterested, clueless spotty oik is summonsed to the till and dispatched all the way back to aisle 29 to pick up said bag of cress. And you stand their with a neutral expression, whilst inside your piss is BOILING as you see half your afternoon drip-dripping away into the abyss, trapped behind the idiotic simpering HAG who's stood there smiling and rolling her eyes at herself in a "oh that's just typical ME!" kind of way, and all the time you just want to grab the bacofoil from her trolley and ram it down her flaccid turkey-neck throat until she chokes to death on her own VOMIT.

You have been shopping at waitrose again haven't you!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Pedestrians who don't acknowledge vehicles that stop to let them cross at a zebra crossing.

Bit patronising to acknowledge drivers following the highway code? Do you acknowledge vehicles that stop for red lights at pedestrian crossings?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Using a mobile phone while driving

There must be a way of putting cameras on motorways to catch the people who do this, its not the talking on the phone that winds me up massively its those idiots who can clearly be seen looking down at their mobile at texts/twitter/facebook while travelling at 60mph in the middle lane of a motorway. some are even typing on the phone. 9 times out of 10 in an accident I bet they survive when the other person doesn't.

Oh and people who park on zebra crossing markings to go to the bank or on Bexhill seafront to go to the chip shop, lazy *****

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Or as the great John Dowie once put it...

'The Dutch, the Dutch
I hate them worse than dogs.
They live in fookin windmills
And they mince around in clogs.'

That's beautiful.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bit patronising to acknowledge drivers following the highway code? Do you acknowledge vehicles that stop for red lights at pedestrian crossings?

Not really. Loads of drivers just plough on through, while pretending not to notice you.

I always acknowledge the driver if they stop - it's just polite.

Interesting, it annoys me when they do, I want to yell "get on with it and just cross the road"

It takes me no more time to cross whether I wave/thumbsup a thank you at the driver or not :shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Totally agree. There's no excuse for playing Hotel California in this day and age.

Well it does break up the monotony of the same 10 'pop' songs on repeat that pretty much all stations seem to play these days. ..............day in....................day out.................:sick:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There must be a way of putting cameras on motorways to catch the people who do this, its not the talking on the phone that winds me up massively its those idiots who can clearly be seen looking down at their mobile at texts/twitter/facebook while travelling at 60mph in the middle lane of a motorway. some are even typing on the phone. 9 times out of 10 in an accident I bet they survive when the other person doesn't.

Oh and people who park on zebra crossing markings to go to the bank or on Bexhill seafront to go to the chip shop, lazy *****
There was a debate about this recently where the consensus was that there's no point in increasing the penalty for the offence as the majority of people who do it know that they're never going to be caught.

The only way more will be caught is by having more police on the motorways/roads. The government are cutting funding to the police because they can "streamline" their operations using fewer officers to "work smarter".

I wonder why I see more and more idiots doing this. Oh, no I don't.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Last few posts confirm again that I'm glad I'm not on Facebook. Every time I consider the benefits of joining I think of threads like this and remember they are massively outweighed.

Two years clean now and so liberating it is. Those who use it aren't exactly in a position to gripe about the amount of shit on there really.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
People who don't turn their signature off when using Tapatalk.

Sent from my computer using NSC

tapatalk.jpg
They havn't worked out how to use mummy's phone yet!

Sent from my outside toilet using sarcasm

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So do you acknowledge the driver if they stop at a red light?

No. Stopping at a red light is not optional.

I sort of understand what you are saying in that the highway code says you have to stop at a zebra crossing as well, but lots of drivers don't, so I just think it polite to acknowledge one when they do.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Seriously? ???

Well maybe patronising was the wrong way to put it but they're obliged to stop, you are basically acknowledging them following the rules of the road and not running you over. I bet people who acknowledge those who stop at a zebra crossing don't those who stop at a red light, I don't get the logic!

I'm all for being polite, just think a more logical way to be polite on a zebra crossing is to move on as quickly and safely as possible and not hold anyone up, letting everyone get on with their business!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well maybe patronising was the wrong way to put it but they're obliged to stop, you are basically acknowledging them following the rules of the road and not running you over. I bet people who acknowledge those who stop at a zebra crossing don't those who stop at a red light, I don't get the logic!

I'm all for being polite, just think a more logical way to be polite on a zebra crossing is to move on as quickly and safely as possible and not hold anyone up, letting everyone get on with their business!

You'd hate me then.
I start crossing, then wander over to the car that's stopped for me, gesture for them to wind their window down and give them a cheery "cheers mate" with a thumbs up, before continuing on my way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here