Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The ball retention stats are really interesting.

Looking at Cucu, for the life of me, I could not remember him giving the ball away. But then I realised the obvious. If you are crossing the ball (whatever player) into the box, your possession stats will be warped compared to players who aren’t trying to do an ambitious assist regularly.

Exactly. And the highlights vids of Pervis show he likes a cross.

Also:

[tweet]1559571766212698113[/tweet]

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Financial pressures and/or short contract?

He had 3 or 4 years left on his contract I believe? As others have said, Villarreal had to sell to comply with Spanish financial regulations.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Pervis on the left Lanptey on the right , wow a lot more options for GP , will also means Trossard can play further forward where he can damage the opposition more than what he can as a wing back .
Makes us look much stronger defensively , and more pace going forward.
Can see him starting on Sunday

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Or option C (which has already been mentioned several times on this thread): Villareal needed to sell urgently to meet financial regs so they could register players they'd already bought. We've swooped and got a really good deal out of it.

Amongst other things, we seem to be very adept at 1) keeping tabs on players and 2) being aware of the nuances of player contracts and how regulations might affect them.

Pervis, in his interview, emphasised that the reason he joined us, was that we had shown interest in him for several years.

Remember how we hired Veltman? We knew we could get him on a good deal (900k) as we were aware there was a release clause in his contract. We had been tracking him for two years.

It's almost as if the club have got a dedicated operation identifying good players, keeping tabs on them, and knowing the best moment to buy them. It's quite uncanny.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Or option C (which has already been mentioned several times on this thread): Villareal needed to sell urgently to meet financial regs so they could register players they'd already bought. We've swooped and got a really good deal out of it.

Yep, as well as being brilliant at spotting actual talent, Tony’s team are absolutely outstanding at linking that with opportunistic contract/financial situations. It’s quite remarkable how they keep pulling these deals out of the hat. The library of potential targets, and the level of detail in the associated file for each one must be colossal, and continually updated.

Aug 8, 2012
Are we going to be the new Dortmund?
Soon, if not already, agents and players will want their young players at Brighton. One or two seasons here opens the door to the 'current' top 6 teams riches. Mind blowing!!!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It'll be Lallana (most likely) or Gross. Trossard will move into one of those more attacking midfield places and Pervis will go to LWB.

Saying that, I don't think we will see Pervis start on Sunday however. Team will be unchanged.

Yeah, I think you're right. That seems the most likely reconfiguration.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are we going to be the new Dortmund?
Soon, if not already, agents and players will want their young players at Brighton. One or two seasons here opens the door to the 'current' top 6 teams riches. Mind blowing!!!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Incorrect. City fans have already decreed we’ll never sign any promising young players again after holding Cucu against his will. :D:D

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I'll get knitting that half and half scarf.

Yes one half Ecuador the other half Ecuador !

Sorry, i'm just pissed off with some of the crap players and really don't like the yes man Southgate.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pervis on the left Lamptey on the right , wow a lot more options for GP , will also means Trossard can play further forward where he can damage the opposition more than what he can as a wing back .

Be incredible if the old original Lamptey comes back. Looked good in his cameo at Utd.

Problem is if Lamptey is rwb then who are the 3 CB's , Dunk , Veltman and Webster all good but who would drop out if Colwill is as good as predicted. I guess Webster is the most droppable between Veltman and Dunk.

New bloke looks good though. Seems to be a level up from a lot of our signings.

Squad is looking superb now. If we can get an upgrade goals wise on Maupay / Welbeck alternative then every chance can push for Europe this season

Roll on Sunday

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Incorrect. City fans have already decreed we’ll never sign any promising young players again after holding Cucu against his will. :D:D

Exactly. Blue Moon have stated it as a FACT that we'll never sing a player again because we didn't accept their derisory offer for Cucu and chained him to our training ground against his will.

And as for selling to Chelsea, we're just mercenaries so no agent's will want their players to come here.

Non League in 3 seasons me thinks....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Be incredible if the old original Lamptey comes back. Looked good in his cameo at Utd.

Problem is if Lamptey is rwb then who are the 3 CB's , Dunk , Veltman and Webster all good but who would drop out if Colwill is as good as predicted. I guess Webster is the most droppable between Veltman and Dunk.

Squad is looking superb now. If we can get an upgrade goals wise on Maupay / Welbeck alternative then every chance can push for Europe this season

Roll on Sunday

I'd expect Colwill to be the bottom of the list with all upto scratch as, basically, he's not our own player.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Pervis on the left Lanptey on the right , wow a lot more options for GP , will also means Trossard can play further forward where he can damage the opposition more than what he can as a wing back .

I think highly unlikely we will see him on sunday unless we are leading 4-0 with 20 mins to go !
How about those going to Forest Green on wednesday being given the opportunity to watch Pervis in the stripes ( sorry H ! ) for the first time ?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Roll on Sunday

No problem back 3 as of Saturday, then play 2 wing backs Pervis and Lamptey as wing backs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here