Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Jimmy Grimble

Was genuinely thinking he’d be next out the door for big money. Absolutely no chance based on the way he’s played this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Terrible today.

Didn’t keep any sort of shape, all Fulham did was gain possession and put the ball where Pervis should have been.

Literally zero positional discipline out of possession

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Terrible today.

Didn’t keep any sort of shape, all Fulham did was gain possession and put the ball where Pervis should have been.

Literally zero positional discipline out of possession

That was West Ham at the Amex, he spent the first half 80 yards upfield, allowing a hitherto sh1t Hammers look like ManC/LFC on the counter.

It was so obvious, wasn’t sure if it was dumb tactics on repeat or he ignored team orders?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Horribly out of form, a shadow of the Pervis pre injury. Seems so slow and ponderous

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This time 12 months ago, I would have sat and made the argument to you that Estupinan, Caicedo and Sarmiento are on the verge of firing Ecuador, and us, to previously unimagined levels of glory.

Things have tailed off for the Ecuador three significantly since however

Our best left back, on form, is surely Igor.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Still out of form & frequently out of position leaving us exposed at the back on quick attacks
Not sure it's that simple. RdZ is asking him to take up very offensive positions. If the ball is turned over in midfield (as has happened more often this season- see threads about losing Ali Mac and Mooses) he will naturally be out of position. Without Mitoma, he also lacks the pacy cover behind him if he has pushed high.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Didn't think he was that bad yesterday. Not his best but also not his worst performance. Hopefully the fitness is coming back.

In fairness to him, a couple of times Origi or A.N Other were found free on the right were because of our tactics. It was noticable that we changed from a back 4 to 3 at the back on a number of occassions with Gross slotting in to a left centre back role and Pervis pushing up to left wing and Fati moving central. It didn't work.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seemed to really struggle a bit with fitness. Early second half when Origi was played in the box they were almost level when the ball was played by time by time origi got his shot away pervis was 10 yards away. Seemed to be running through treacle at times. He doesn’t look fully recovered or fully fit by any stretch of the imagination.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not sure it's that simple. RdZ is asking him to take up very offensive positions. If the ball is turned over in midfield (as has happened more often this season- see threads about losing Ali Mac and Mooses) he will naturally be out of position. Without Mitoma, he also lacks the pacy cover behind him if he has pushed high.
I think your point is fair.

RDZ is persisting with this, "one full back is effectively a winger and if we're caught on the ball, the other 3 defenders shuffle across thing"

It worked really well when Hinsh was in the team. But i'd like us to play with a proper back 4. All the teams we're going to be facing in the coming weeks have much better finishers than Origi and they will be absolutely burying chances like that.

Give me .... Veltman Van Hecke Dunk Igor ... for the rest of the season, and i'll be happy

I've always thought there were question marks over his technique, but when we are bombing forward so much and running games, you don't notice it so much, in fact you forgive it because he exudes sheer hard work and enthusiasm. Sadly when we are under the cosh, alas you do notice it more. Very unpopular opinion this I know, but this makes Cucurella the better player for me, tho I wouldn't fault anyone in the Albion recruitment team for bringing in Estupian so quickly after that squad setback, Pervis is still a decent signing, just not in the top drawer that it may have appeared in some of his early games with us. I'd back RDZ to get him functioning nearer those levels again

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
I thought he looked a better yesterday - less nervous, more involved. Hopefully the first of a run of clean sheets. He works best with Dunk next to him, mind. The two left footers (him and Igor) seem to repel each other!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
We have looked very vulnerable defending our left side for sometime
Neither Estupian or Igor have been convincing.
They haven't worked well together as often both leave it for the other!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not helped by Fati infront of him who I thought did less than zero defensively. But yes a huge drop in form from the levels he was months ago.

Funny you say that as Fati did more defensively that match than he has done previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here