Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry's Plea / No Trains for Rotherham?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed - next week (and every week for the foreseeable) is down the the emergency timetable, not the dispute (although I guess they are blaming the need for the emergency timetable on the ongoing dispute, rather than their shite management)

Yeah, but they're just going to claim that due to the dispute the rolling stock is all in the wrong place, signals are all set to the wrong settings, staff are in the all wrong towns etc etc etc.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yeah, but they're just going to claim that due to the dispute the rolling stock is all in the wrong place, signals are all set to the wrong settings, staff are in the all wrong towns etc etc etc.

The game's on Tuesday! If they can't get stuff back in the right places by then they might as well just pack it all in.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I think the club are doing literally everything they can on this and are in no way the bad guys here. It is fully Southern to blame.

Is it not the fault of the striking employees rather than the company that is to blame?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Staff all off sick next week no doubt

It amazes me that they still claim this but refuse to publish any figures. If they had a case they'd just have to say "Here's how many conductors we had available on this day, here are the figures from last year" and the RMT would be instantly cast in an incredibly bad light if it were true. The lack of concrete data just makes them look either evil, idiotic or both.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It amazes me that they still claim this but refuse to publish any figures. If they had a case they'd just have to say "Here's how many conductors we had available on this day, here are the figures from last year" and the RMT would be instantly cast in an incredibly bad light if it were true. The lack of concrete data just makes them look either evil, idiotic or both.

The most idiotic lie today was saying a 1/5th (20%) Conductors had worked normally this week in the strike, yet in the last strike she was spouting that 75% of Conductors had worked normally which means that 55% had now decided to join the strike, if you're going to lie make sure you remember your past ones

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The most idiotic lie today was saying a 1/5th (20%) Conductors had worked normally this week in the strike, yet in the last strike she was spouting that 75% of Conductors had worked normally which means that 55% had now decided to join the strike, if you're going to lie make sure you remember your past ones

That's a quite remarkable idiocy.

el punal

I'd say there needs to be some sort of protest at the games (especially the one on TV next Friday), but I'm not sure enough people will get there to make it worthwhile :(

How about everyone dresses up as the Fat Controller and pickets the homes of Horton, Cash, and all the other cronies of both sides responsible for this debacle. Make their day to day existence as uncomfortable and disrupted as the passengers who have suffered over the last few months. :rant:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Judging by the number of tweets from supporters without a clue about tonight's game I would imagine many will turn up on the train expecting it to stop at falmer. Still the train will stop if the cord is pulled (or whatever it is nowadays).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
And this message needs to be sent loud and clear to everyone because SASTA will keep on peddling this lie.

Have SASTA lied and said it was striking employees?

Both sides are a fukkin disgrace imo, totally fed up with all the Punch and Judy nonsense

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Judging by the number of tweets from supporters without a clue about tonight's game I would imagine many will turn up on the train expecting it to stop at falmer. Still the train will stop if the cord is pulled (or whatever it is nowadays).

Done the cord thing a few times in the past :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
All this possible mess up with the trains at Falmer has led me to think about booking a coach for the Rotherham game. The plan is car to Broadwater Worthing then the Seagull Coach. About to book online but what on earth does this mean... Worthing/13 17/18 17(ST32) Broadwater, B/Snrr/aPaul
Those are the pick up times for Day and Night games. Do pickup Friday will be 18:17 and the coach will be ST32

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is NO strike next Tuesday. SASTA have decided not to stop trains at Falmer.

That's not the case is it - it's the police (BTP presumably) that have determined that Falmer will be closed, presumably because of the disparity between expected demand and available capacity.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
We pay a subsidiary for travel on our season ticket which is paid in advance by the club, is that how it works? If so can we and/or the club claim this back from the theiving incompetent train company?

That's not the case is it - it's the police (BTP presumably) that have determined that Falmer will be closed, presumably because of the disparity between expected demand and available capacity.

I've known situations in the past when BTP have insisted that trains didn't pick up passengers "for safety reasons", and Sussex Police have expressed their concern that frustrated passengers might cause trouble if they couldn't catch a train that was in fact running.

Is there a Police and Crime Commissioner in charge of BTP who we can complain to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here