Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry's Plea / No Trains for Rotherham?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Waiting to see what the Saturday pm service looks like too. Sure it'll be much worse than last season.

Post-match shouldn't be a problem regardless of how limited the service as people drift away both from the Amex and central Brighton over the course of the evening. There are bus options for part/full journeys too.

Pre-match at Brighton Station could be horrible though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What was always going to be a problem for Brighton was the sustainable travel, it relies on public services. When public services break down so do businesses like BHA Ltd. Unlike our manager, there really isn't a Plan B.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Post-match shouldn't be a problem regardless of how limited the service as people drift away both from the Amex and central Brighton over the course of the evening. There are bus options for part/full journeys too.

Pre-match at Brighton Station could be horrible though.

If there are only 1-2 trains an hour post match it will still be a problem............let's see...........

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If anyone needs a lift back to Shoreham because of rail issues on either this Friday or next Tuesday I have space for one (free obviously)
Just pm
Be warned though I will be parked in the Bridge car park :)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
No extra 25, 28 or 29 buses are being put on post-match on Tuesday or Friday - confirmed by Brighton & Hove Buses on Twitter.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The new NSC Car Share Sub-Forum may well be your friend here [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], seeing as how anybody else in your neck of the woods and reliant on SASTA will be equally snookered.

http://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?85-Car-sharing-to-the-Amex

Thanks, my problems relate also to childcare - for a lot of matches I'm only going to be able to leave at around 7 and thanks to the good people of Coldean / Moulsecoomb I can't really park close enough for that to work.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the club need to question all fans who have purchased tickets for home games who had to find alternative transport then total it up and deduct it from SASTA

This, there is surely some compensation the club can get back for this.

I assume they are paying them regularly, so just withhold payment. That would get their attention?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In a way I am glad this is now directly affecting the club. Maybe they'll start to put some pressure on Southern and sympathise with the supporters a bit more than just hot air / words.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
This, there is surely some compensation the club can get back for this.

I assume they are paying them regularly, so just withhold payment. That would get their attention?

I guess it all depends on the contract and all the legal mumbo jumbo that is in that. If there's nothing in the contract about the case of Southern failing to provide a service, then sadly that would surely from a legal perspective mean the club can't withhold payment. You'd hope our legal team however didn't let the contract for the trains go through without a sub section in relation to a failure of Southern being able to provide the service.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I guess it all depends on the contract and all the legal mumbo jumbo that is in that. If there's nothing in the contract about the case of Southern failing to provide a service, then sadly that would surely from a legal perspective mean the club can't withhold payment. You'd hope our legal team however didn't let the contract for the trains go through without a sub section in relation to a failure of Southern being able to provide the service.

I would be very surprised if, what must be a multi million pound contract, did not have some service level criteria in it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In a way I am glad this is now directly affecting the club. Maybe they'll start to put some pressure on Southern and sympathise with the supporters a bit more than just hot air / words.

In what way aren't the club sympathising with fans? What would you like them to do?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In what way aren't the club sympathising with fans? What would you like them to do?

Look at the Fulham home game towards end of last season for one example

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the club are doing literally everything they can on this and are in no way the bad guys here. It is fully Southern to blame.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I would be very surprised if, what must be a multi million pound contract, did not have some service level criteria in it.

Wonder how good we'd get though. At the point of negotiations, I'm sure as a club we were in a fairly weak position to dictate terms of the contract, nor was it expected such a piss poor service would realistically be provided..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's still very early days, and it could be, (he says hopefully), that as this situation develops, emergency timetable or not, Sasta agree to provide a reasonable service, at least for evening football hone games.

After all, we are talking about a lot of revenue here, both for the football;club, and for the railway company..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here