Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He’s never going to play for us is he?

Probably not, but as one of 'those' 3 cheap buys has paid off the project can hardly be classed as a failure.

One, (who's name a can never remember) disappeared.
One, close, let down by his international side, but does have some transfer value.
&
One, playing for the team, even setting up a crucial goal.

For an outlay of less than £10m, I'd say that's a pretty good success rate.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He’s never going to play for us is he?

I believe after 3 years of living in Belgium he can apply for citizenship and a Belgian passport, it's normally 5 years but footballers etc can apply for an exception. Then it's just a question of if his Belgian passport will be enough for him to work and live in the UK by the time he gets it sorted.

But yeah I'd be surprised if he ever played for us but he's still got 2 years on his contract. To be honest I reckon we'd have made back his minimal transfer fee in loan fees by the time his contract is up anyway.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Probably not, but as one of 'those' 3 cheap buys has paid off the project can hardly be classed as a failure.

One, close, let down by his international side, but does have some transfer value.
&

Possibly the one you can't remember is bad boy Billy Arce who was jailed last year for 20 days for drink driving, but is still an Albion player and on loan in Ecuador.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I would think that we could sell Tau for a small profit; it was rumoured that he cost us about £2.5m and now he’s part of the Belgian champions squad and a CL player (though usually off the bench).

Problem is we can’t sell him to another English club for big bucks and that the other European clubs which may be interested know that we have to get rid as we can’t play him ourselves which weakens our position.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

&

I guess it is good business, shame though as i held hopes we’d see him join us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here