Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He was VERY poor against Leeds.

He needed to do one of two jobs:

1. Win fouls high up the pitch to buy time and help us step up the pitch - aka 'The Murray'.
2. Hang off the shoulder of the last defender and use his pace as an outlet.

He did neither. New to the scene or not that’s basic stuff. Needs a serious word. It was like playing with ten men when he came on. Looked dangerous in the small glimpses against Newport/City, but needs to work on this side of his game. Clearly not a role he's used to and he needs to learn it quick time.

Similar was said about Bissoma, Mac Allister, Webster and others, players take time to adjust and it may be a few weeks or months before we see the full potential playing for us.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Someone needs to tell Percy this isn’t league 2 Belgium anymore , I was going mental with his jogging around in the last 15 mins , giving the ball away and jogging towards the Leeds players and not tackling.

This. It showed how much Maupay does do, chasing down the ball, harrying defenders and generally being a nuisance. Connolly too.

I'm sure Maupay will 'have a word' as he seems to not be shy at expressing his opinion. Did you notice the 5 second clip of the players in the tunnel at HT, Maupay the one clapping his hands and saying 'come on'.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
To be fair, he came on very late, whilst we were under the cosh in a high pressured game.

It wasn't an easy game to be dropped into without the chance to warm into it, especially when you are new to the league.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
To be fair, he came on very late, whilst we were under the cosh in a high pressured game.

It wasn't an easy game to be dropped into without the chance to warm into it, especially when you are new to the league.

This. I just can't understand why people are so quick to judge players (either they're brilliant or they're sh*t) on such limited game time. Whatever happened to waiting for players to bed in, get used to playing with the rest of the team, the system, the pace of the league? Same with the Potter out brigade. Are some people just unable to take a long view?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This. I just can't understand why people are so quick to judge players (either they're brilliant or they're sh*t) on such limited game time. Whatever happened to waiting for players to bed in, get used to playing with the rest of the team, the system, the pace of the league? Same with the Potter out brigade. Are some people just unable to take a long view?

Fickle 'fans'.

Just look at the Potter in or out polls (which have been posted simply to illustrate the point, right [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION]?).

Only (a small but noisy proportion of) football fans can swing from vegan to veal eater on an almost daily basis :lolol:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He isn't a striker. He has looked excellent in his actual postion (first half against City).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He was VERY poor against Leeds.

He needed to do one of two jobs:

1. Win fouls high up the pitch to buy time and help us step up the pitch - aka 'The Murray'.
2. Hang off the shoulder of the last defender and use his pace as an outlet.

He did neither. New to the scene or not that’s basic stuff. Needs a serious word. It was like playing with ten men when he came on. Looked dangerous in the small glimpses against Newport/City, but needs to work on this side of his game. Clearly not a role he's used to and he needs to learn it quick time.

Nah, you’re being overly harsh.

He came on at a time when the match had swung Leeds way. They were naturally going to go balls to the wall as they were losing at home. We kept our heads, our concentration with excellent defending.

But naturally as the only lone attacker Percy had very slim pickings.

From what I’ve seen in Percy’s cameos (ESPECIALLY at City, where he scared the life out of their defence) I’m confident he’s going to be a very good player for us.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I agree he was poor when he came on however the pitch certainly didn't help. Not sure how many times he would have played on a pudding like that.
Still early in his Albion career and from his Man City performance he's got something about him.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Similar was said about Bissoma, Mac Allister, Webster and others, players take time to adjust and it may be a few weeks or months before we see the full potential playing for us.

Totally agree that players need time to adjust, especially when they're learning new roles. But that is literally the basics. It worried me tbh. Obviously, there's real talent in there, but it strikes me as something he needs to bring to him game rather quickly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
percytau.jpg

lmao...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here