Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty Fare appeals

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Penalty Fare appeals

Billy the Fish said:
Well you've changed your tune a bit haven't you, this is what you wrote when I was stitched up by a traffic warden.

:lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
Received a penaly fare on the train yesterday. I wasn't intentionally jibbing the ride, just couldn't be arsed buying a ticket to go beyond the boundary of my valid season ticket.

Anyone successfully appealed against one of these on the past? Any tips greatfully received.

Go to court.

You might win.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Ernest said:
Yes , can't tell you how but giving false names is a waste of time especially as they have powers of arrest

What ticket inspectors have powers of arrest, or the BTP do?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
Received a penaly fare on the train yesterday. I wasn't intentionally jibbing the ride, just couldn't be arsed buying a ticket to go beyond the boundary of my valid season ticket.

Anyone successfully appealed against one of these on the past? Any tips greatfully received.

Should of stayed in the toilet :lolol:

Ernest said:
Certain ticket inspectors have warrant cards and powers of arrest
What about the uncertain ones? There are plenty of those.

I frequently find that they are baffled by my excuse for not having a ticket:-

"I got on at Glynde. There's no ticket machine there. And there's not even a Permit to Travel machine".

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ernest said:
I used to work at Glynde, what a lovely place that is in the summer

The only problem, as i discovered after a trip to the famous Trevor Arms, is that there's 1 train out of Glynde every hour, and 1 bus every 3 hours. Bit of a bugger if you don't drive!:lolol:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
Don't bother asking son, you'll only get the self-righteous brigade who apparently never break the law, go above 30mph or park on a double yellow telling you off.

I take it you're in the "I broke the law and I've been fined for it, I cannot accept that this is a consequence of my actions - how can I get out it" brigade?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
Don't bother asking son, you'll only get the self-righteous brigade who apparently never break the law, go above 30mph or park on a double yellow telling you off.

Part of the group that the author of this thread belonged to previously you mean...?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nibble said:
I gave a false name and address once-They found out straight away on some database. I am a fool.

surely if the name and address you gave them was the real name and address of someone you hate they could not say you weren't them, or did you just make up a name and address? which I suppose they could easily check.

Next time you are avoiding justice, be prepared!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
surely if the name and address you gave them was the real name and address of someone you hate they could not say you weren't them, or did you just make up a name and address? which I suppose they could easily check.

Next time you are avoiding justice, be prepared!

I gave the name of someone I hate but couldn't remember his address so made one up. Absaloutly bloody ridiculous and can't think why I ever thought It would work. Was about 13 years ago now though when I was in my teens.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In law the Police have no more powers of arrest than the man on the street so in that respect the Ticket Inspector has as much power as a Police Officer.

Not to be preachy but how many times have you got away without paying before and surely you know the risks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here