Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty Fare appeals

Jul 25, 2006
Received a penaly fare on the train yesterday. I wasn't intentionally jibbing the ride, just couldn't be arsed buying a ticket to go beyond the boundary of my valid season ticket.

Anyone successfully appealed against one of these on the past? Any tips greatfully received.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
Received a penaly fare on the train yesterday. I wasn't intentionally jibbing the ride, just couldn't be arsed buying a ticket to go beyond the boundary of my valid season ticket.

Anyone successfully appealed against one of these on the past? Any tips greatfully received.

a) No.

b) Pay.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I don't think you've got any grounds to appeal if, in your own words, you "couldn't be arsed" to spend 2 minutes buying a ticket.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Send them a letter saying 'Go f*** yourselves you useless ****s'. You will still have to pay but it might seem worth it.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:

Not having a pop, but wasn't it you who said "if you don't want to pay a parking ticket, don't park illegally?" I think the same applies here.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:

That is the point of penalty fares to penalise people like you

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I gave a false name and address once-They found out straight away on some database. I am a fool.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There were random ticket inspectors at Haywards Heath yesterday, 4 people were being fined as i walked past.

Fools

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Had 3 penalty fares, succesfully appealed against 1, ignored another from a year ago and had no response so currently ignoring a third.

South West Trains reduced the number of ticket machines by 50% at my station (which means big queues) and seem to be actively pursuing penalty fares. Scum.

Jul 25, 2006
Re: Re: Penalty Fare appeals

Common as Mook said:
Not having a pop, but wasn't it you who said "if you don't want to pay a parking ticket, don't park illegally?" I think the same applies here.

you sir, have a fine memory.

i consider myself well and truly berated by the masses.

Les's response was by far the most constructive. thanks les.

a shall now crawl back under my stone with my pockets twenty pounds lighter.

please be advised that I am no pikey. i pay £780 for my season ticket. yes i out travelled it's bounds on this occasion, but I just but have issues with performance driven nazi ticket inspectors. get a proper job.

:down:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Penalty Fare appeals

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
yes i out travelled it's bounds on this occasion, but I just but have issues with performance driven nazi ticket inspectors. get a proper job.
Well you've changed your tune a bit haven't you, this is what you wrote when I was stitched up by a traffic warden.
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
I'm sure you, and in fact most people, would do the same if you were in his position. He is earning a living. I don't know for sure but I would imagine traffic wardens are on some sort of performance related package. Giving out tickets earns him money. He will give out as many as he thinks he can get a way with. Who can blame him?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Game, set and match to good old Billy :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here