Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Peanut butter marmite

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I got 8 jars delivered last week from amazon for £2.50 .
It’s does seem quite runny unless that was because it was quite hot last week . Anyway I find it very nice and actually could do with a bit more marmite in.
I might try it with some cheese in aswell

You won't be disappointed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m going to have to experiment with one of these bad boys. Seems like it could change my breakfast time which has for very dull and boring since lockdown began.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I did enjoy this but prefer to mix the two myself.

The M&S Marmite cream cheese however, is incredibly good.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Blimey people are a bit late on this one. This has been out quite a while and their were many online debates. To be fair I was inclined to agree with the popular opinion that best best left apart to enjoy. I thought the consistency was very gloopy and the marmite flavour too vague.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm yet to try it, but I do love Marmite (a dollop stirred through some Pasta & cheese is GODLY) so i'll give it a bash soon.

I prefer a thicker spread . Whole earth crunchy is a personal favourite, but any old home brand (crunchy) will normally do.

Whole Earth is the PREMIER Peanut Butter. Nothing comes close to it.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I love marmite, but when it comes to peanut butter just add this for a taste extravaganza.
EACE01A7-129E-4B90-8999-6A69DC1C0768.jpeg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
An abomination against the Lord.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
I got 8 jars delivered last week from amazon for £2.50 .
It’s does seem quite runny unless that was because it was quite hot last week . Anyway I find it very nice and actually could do with a bit more marmite in.
I might try it with some cheese in aswell

Now down to £2.00 at Asda!

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
Being a Marmite fan, I was really excited as I was visiting the UK at the time it was initially introduced to market last year.
I searched high and low in supermarkets everywhere and finally found some.
I was considering buying a case load to bring back to Canada.
After tasting it, I didn't bother. It was a bit 'meh' IMHO.
I think the combination of the proportions of PB and Marmite are best left to the individual.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hmmm, I tried making my own, using a dollop of marmite in a near-empty jar of PB and it didn't go well. It completely dried out so became more of a crumble consistency than a spread.

FWIW I bought some for my brother-in-law who, like you (and me), loves both elements and he's all over it...

Now here's a thing.

I bought Tesco own-label yeast extract, or whatever they call it, a few weeks ago. I would never do this through choice, but they had sold out of all forms of the real thing.

Two things...

- it's consistency is a lot runnier than Marmite, which makes it a lot easier to spread
- it must taste pretty much the same (I say this as at no point whilst consuming my morning non-Marmite on toast, have I thought "this isn't Marmite")

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey people are a bit late on this one. This has been out quite a while and their were many online debates. To be fair I was inclined to agree with the popular opinion that best best left apart to enjoy. I thought the consistency was very gloopy and the marmite flavour too vague.

We briefly got excited and then seemed to forget all about it...

Marmite peanut butter has been announced today and it looks bloody delicious. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...peanut-butter-launch-uk-twitter-a8834846.html

Just when you think man has progressed as far as it possibly can, this happens. ****ing hell, roll on March 25th. I assume stores will be open at midnight to allow people to get their hands on it right away?

I might start queuing now.

I have eyed it up in the supermarket on many occasions but not felt bold enough to commit.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The M&S Marmite cream cheese however, is incredibly good.[/QUOTE]

That sounds delicious. When ever I get back to Blighty I must head to M&S.
Wonder if mixing some into Philly cream cheese would work ? ???

Apr 9, 2020
London
I found it too overbearing but mixed it with a mild tasting organic peanut butter we also had handy and it balanced out nicely. It provided the marmite infusion without overkill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here