Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peaches Geldof dies age 25!!!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The apple never falls far from the tree.

Real shame... so much pressure on the children of celebs when they get dragged into the spotlight from an early age. Hope her kids manage to live a more normal life!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The children have lost their mother, of course they're not OK - just as Peaches wasn't OK when she lost hers.

This country really needs to review it's messed up drug laws and save lives.

How?... legalise heroin? In what way would ANY review of the drug laws have helped Paula or Peaches? F*cking stupid statement.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The children have lost their mother, of course they're not OK
Compared to the baby in trainspotting they are.

While I agree that the laws should be looked at, I don't see how that could help famous people that want to take heroin.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It will show how hypocritical and clueless the media and general public are if this actually happens.

Perhaps so. But there is the world of difference between reactions to an unexplained death and popularly held views on the use of drugs which are classified as anti-social/illegal. That may be hypocritical but it is not unnatural.

it will be interesting to see if an inquest has a view regarding the apparent lack of "paraphernalia" and whether steps might have been taken to hide the cause of her death

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The children have lost their mother, of course they're not OK - just as Peaches wasn't OK when she lost hers.

Lots of children lose parents in tragic circumstances, and many go on to lead happy fulfilling lives without becoming drug addicts. Difficult to have sympathy with someone who has 2 healthy children, taking an overdose while looking after their own 11 month old son. Shameful really.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
She hasn't got a daughter...she has 2 sons, Astala and Phaedra. She was looking after 11 month old Phaedra at the time.

*edit - I see that's already been pointed out.

I take it back, misheard something from another source.

I would however argue that she wasn't 'looking after' her 11 month old son by sticking a needle full of smack into herself though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lots of children lose parents in tragic circumstances, and many go on to lead happy fulfilling lives without becoming drug addicts. Difficult to have sympathy with someone who has 2 healthy children, taking an overdose while looking after their own 11 month old son. Shameful really.

this

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Believe it or not, heroin is not lethal if taken under controlled circumstances. ALL deaths in heroin are caused by either contaminants or because of not knowing how the unquantified potencies will react the the body.

Legalising it completely would be barmy, but decriminalising it to allow addicts to get clean and quantified heroin with guidance and help from medical professionals would save lives, perhaps even Peaches. I would bet she died because she took a quantity that she had taken in the past, but she hadn't taken for some time - so she clearly did not know that her body no longer had the tolerance to cope with it. This could have been avoided if her addiction was treated as a health problem rather than a criminal one.

You're assuming here that she didn't want to top herself though.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Believe it or not, heroin is not lethal if taken under controlled circumstances. ALL deaths in heroin are caused by either contaminants or because of not knowing how the unquantified potencies will react the the body.

Legalising it completely would be barmy, but decriminalising it to allow addicts to get clean and quantified heroin with guidance and help from medical professionals would save lives, perhaps even Peaches. I would bet she died because she took a quantity that she had taken in the past, but she hadn't taken for some time - so she clearly did not know that her body no longer had the tolerance to cope with it. This could have been avoided if her addiction was treated as a health problem rather than a criminal one.

The have implemented a similar thing in Holland with great success. It's such a tricky policy to get right though and suck a hard topic to tackle.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Access to a methadone programme without "criminalisation" is already the norm. It is dealing in heroin that is generally pursued by the criminal justice system.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm actually shocked and surprised she has done this while caring for her infant son.

If she had a heroin problem she shouldn't have been left alone with the kids anyway, obviously a lack of lack of support around her.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
decriminalising it to allow addicts to get clean and quantified heroin with guidance and help from medical professionals would save lives, perhaps even Peaches. I would bet she died because she took a quantity that she had taken in the past, but she hadn't taken for some time - so she clearly did not know that her body no longer had the tolerance to cope with it. This could have been avoided if her addiction was treated as a health problem rather than a criminal one.
But if she was just getting high, she wasn't after help, so the result would have been the same.

Access to a methadone programme without "criminalisation" is already the norm.
Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here