Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peaches Geldof dies age 25!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I played a heroin addict last year and spoke at length to a doctor who deals with addiction and was overseeing facts on the job. He was of the opinion that methadone just doesn't work.
He cited the example of Newcastle where North of The Tyne addicts are treated with Methadone and South of The Tyne they are treated with a program whereby pure heroin is administered in a surgery in decreasing doses over a fairly lengthy period. In the latter program the patients were able to achieve some semblance of order in their lives even before the program had ended. It had a 67% success rate. The methadone program had only an 8% success rate with most of the patients turning to alcohol during the program which then became a problem or the methadone, which is terribly nasty stuff, caused more problems than it solved. Most returned to heroin.
Interesting.

So the drugs don't work, they just make it worse ......?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Found in the garden by her daughter with a needle in her arm.

Bloody hell

Pretty impressive. Considering her two children were both boys.

And the child she was with was 11 months old, which would make an interesting witness statement.

Fair comment, my error.

She hasn't got a daughter...she has 2 sons, Astala and Phaedra. She was looking after 11 month old Phaedra at the time.

*edit - I see that's already been pointed out.

Didn't think she had a daughter!

For the record:

On the afternoon of 7 April, Geldof was found dead at her home by her husband, Thomas Cohen, who found Geldof slumped across the bed in the spare bedroom of their family home in Wrotham, Kent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For the record:

On the afternoon of 7 April, Geldof was found dead at her home by her husband
Ok. Where was her 11 month old son? It is possible that her son found her, and that her husband then returned home and found her dead.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Its a terrible tragedy for sure. However, it seems that many of the press reports are overlooking the sheer selfishness of taking drugs or bring remotely under the influence of them when you are in charge of an 11 month old. Similarly, who cares about chasing down those who supplied her. Unfortunately, she made those choices.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure it really matters does it?
If a news report said she was found by her 11 month old son, and then we're told she wasn't, she was found by her husband, then it matters in the context of the conversation, that's all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I very much suspect that the vast majority of us who have posted haven't a clue what it is like to live your life under the media spotlight, nor what it is like to see your parents go through a broken marriage in the media, have your mothers boyfriend die in unusual circumstances and then have your mother seemingly commit suicide, a mother whose own life seemed affected by her unhappy childhood.

The tragedy is that two young boys are now without a mother who foolishly dabbled in heroin which, from what has been reported, shouldn't have been enough to kill her but did so because her tolerance levels were not those of a regular user.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ok. Where was her 11 month old son? It is possible that her son found her, and that her husband then returned home and found her dead.

The only way that could be known as fact is if the 11 month old said so.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I very much suspect that the vast majority of us who have posted haven't a clue what it is like to live your life under the media spotlight, nor what it is like to see your parents go through a broken marriage in the media, have your mothers boyfriend die in unusual circumstances and then have your mother seemingly commit suicide, a mother whose own life seemed affected by her unhappy childhood.

The tragedy is that two young boys are now without a mother who foolishly dabbled in heroin which, from what has been reported, shouldn't have been enough to kill her but did so because her tolerance levels were not those of a regular user.
Post of the thread.
If only everyone could be a perfect parent like the folk on NSC and never suffer the horrors of addiction and depression, yet judge and lecture those who do.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fact that I would saddens me.
The fact anyone would saddens me.

The only way that could be known as fact is if the 11 month old said so.
If her husband (or anyone else) found them together, that would confirm that the 11 month old had found her first. I assume her husband made a statement to the police, so it would probably be in that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The fact anyone would saddens me.

If her husband (or anyone else) found them together, that would confirm that the 11 month old had found her first. I assume her husband made a statement to the police, so it would probably be in that.

I find the idea of an 11-month-old 'finding' anything a bit of a stretch. The idea that an 11-month-old is just wandering around and happens upon something with the understanding needed to really fit with this dramatic picture just doesn't ring true. Sounds more like something where someone somewhere has liked the tragic drama of a child finding their dead mother and just run with it.

At most I'd say it were possible she took the drugs and sat in the play room with the baby (certainly tragic enough without the need to add in tales of the baby finding her) but find it much more likely the baby was asleep or in a play pen while she was using, that the father collected the crying baby and took the baby with him when looking through the house to find her

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here